I guess that's done

Old April 13th 11, 02:10 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
DaveM

Default I guess that's done

Well, Schweitzer closed over the weekend. They have over 14 feet on
top and nearly nine feet at the base. Sucks. It was still winter over
the weekend with more snow falling. Friday was bright sun and 40s with
a beer in the snow on top but Sat and Sun. were back to winter as
usual. Must be the end because I watched the Pond Skimming and the
Dummy Downhill.

It was a good season overall. Lots of snow lots of days.Skied a lot,
more than usual. December and early Jan sucked with warm temps and
rain but Feb and March made up for it with thigh deep powder mid week
last week in the trees and nearly three feet total last week. Never
really got any Spring skiing because it just kept being winter.

I hate to have to work for turns but I may have to. Or, I may have to
get out the Mtn bike now. 50 in town so......

DaveM
Old April 13th 11, 03:25 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Apr 12, 7:10*pm, DaveM wrote:
Well, Schweitzer closed over the weekend. They have over 14 feet on
top and nearly nine feet at the base. Sucks. It was still winter over
the weekend with more snow falling. Friday was bright sun and 40s with
a beer in the snow on top but Sat and Sun. were back to winter as
usual. Must be the end because I watched the Pond Skimming and the
Dummy Downhill.

It was a good season overall. Lots of snow lots of days.Skied a lot,
more than usual. December and early Jan sucked with warm temps and
rain but Feb and March made up for it with thigh deep powder mid week
last week in the trees and nearly three feet total last week. *Never
really got any Spring skiing because it just kept being winter.

I hate to have to work for turns but I may have to. Or, I may have to
get out the Mtn bike now. 50 in town so......

DaveM

I feel for ya, buddy. Just got home from a lovely day at Crystal. We
also have a ton of snow, but the enlightened management has decided to
extend the season at least until June. Only four days a week starting
after the weekend, and eventually down to just weekends, but still
plenty of skiing left.
Midwinter conditions today. Incredible coverage, great snow, lovely
day. Bert picked up a spring pass for 99 bucks, unlimited skiing.
Great deal.
I'd love the see some spring skiing, too, but not likely this week:
forecast calls for more snow. Guess I'll have to go up again on
Friday.
Old April 13th 11, 10:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 19:10:00 -0700, DaveM
wrote this crap:

Well, Schweitzer closed over the weekend. They have over 14 feet on
top and nearly nine feet at the base. Sucks. It was still winter over
the weekend with more snow falling. Friday was bright sun and 40s with
a beer in the snow on top but Sat and Sun. were back to winter as
usual. Must be the end because I watched the Pond Skimming and the
Dummy Downhill.

Saturday and Sunday were perfect for golf. I will definitely get in
nine today.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.
Old April 13th 11, 03:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 4/13/2011 6:11 AM, wrote:
DaveM wrote this crap:

Well, Schweitzer closed over the weekend. They have over 14 feet on
top and nearly nine feet at the base. Sucks. It was still winter over
the weekend with more snow falling. Friday was bright sun and 40s with
a beer in the snow on top but Sat and Sun. were back to winter as
usual. Must be the end because I watched the Pond Skimming and the
Dummy Downhill.

Saturday and Sunday were perfect for golf. I will definitely get in
nine today.

Sheesh, how can anyone play golf the last weekend of ski season?

Conditions were just about perfect - bright sunshine all day saturday!
*hard* fast refrozen corderouy in the morning followed by a gradual
softening and then pure mashed potatoes by the time the lifts closed.

It stormed all night saturday night and continued to pour until around
10:30 sunday morning, when the sun came out again. Heavy wet thick soft
slush everywhere, along with two foot deep puddles at the bottom of the
hill! I love that stuff, but only get it once a year or so. 72 degrees
F when I drove away from the hill - I think this was the warmest I've
ever skied.

It really doesn't get much better, what a great way to end the season.

Last night I put a storage wax on the quiver (5 pairs, although I think
the P50s are now retired). Tonight I'm finishing the glasswork on the
sailboat - hope to launch this weekend.

//Walt

Old April 13th 11, 11:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Apr 13, 3:46*pm, wrote:
On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:20:12 -0400, Walt
wrote this crap:

On 4/13/2011 6:11 AM, wrote:
*DaveM wrote this crap:

Saturday and Sunday were perfect for golf. *I will definitely get in
nine today.

Sheesh, how can anyone play golf the last weekend of ski season?

18 holes today. *On the back nine I parred four holes in a row.

Horvie, playing PGA Golf on your computer is not the same as actually
golfing, just like your inflatable love doll is not a real woman, just
like talking **** while hiding in anonymity is not the same as manning
up and doing it in person.
Old April 14th 11, 02:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Apr 13, 9:20*am, Walt wrote:

Sheesh, how can anyone play golf the last weekend of ski season?

Ski thousands and thousands of days. You'll see.

Old April 14th 11, 03:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Apr 14, 7:01*am, pigo wrote:
On Apr 13, 9:20*am, Walt wrote:

Sheesh, how can anyone play golf the last weekend of ski season?

Ski thousands and thousands of days. You'll see.

Given the fact that Bob Thompson is a deranged, delusional
pathological liar, teabagger, and all around asshole (plus being a
golfer), a reasonable person might conclude that skiing thousands of
days causes brain damage.
Old April 14th 11, 04:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 08:36:09 -0700 (PDT), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

Ski thousands and thousands of days. You'll see.

Given the fact that Bob Thompson is a deranged, delusional
pathological liar, teabagger, and all around asshole (plus being a
golfer), a reasonable person might conclude that skiing thousands of
days causes brain damage.

We can see how it's affected you.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.
Old April 14th 11, 06:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Apr 14, 10:23*am, Ted Waldron wrote:
In article ,

wrote this crap:

Ski thousands and thousands of days. You'll see.

Given the fact that Bob Thompson is a deranged, delusional
pathological liar, teabagger, and all around asshole (plus being a
golfer), a reasonable person might conclude that skiing thousands of
days causes brain damage.

We can see how it's affected you.

No, it is just someone who hasn't controlled their type 2 diabetes.

Bob has Type 2 diabetes, Teddy? Amazing how you are terrified of a
guy who is supposedly in such bad shape.
Must be brain damage that keeps you from giving me the contact info of
the cop who you claim is going to arrest me, wack job.
Hey, want to tell me what "active warrant" I have out on me?
Looks like long term brain damage, because more than a decade later,
you still can't "show the post".
How humiliating for you. What kind of brain damaged
ppppppuuuuuussssssyyyyyy lies to the cops over a stupid newsgroup?
That's right, Teddy. A brain damaged pppppppuuuuuussssssyyyyyy like
you.