Headlines

Old February 8th 15, 03:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

Default Headlines

Employment is up.
The economy is doing great.
Al Qaeda is decimated.

Brian Williams says so.
:-)
Old February 8th 15, 12:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sat, 7 Feb 2015 19:15:46 -0800 (PST), pigo
wrote this crap:

Employment is up.

No it's not. There's less people in the workforce than when Obumma
took office. Only 14% of teens have jobs, before he got in office it
was 40%. Black unemployment is at a record high.

The economy is doing great.

Only if you're in the top 1%

Al Qaeda is decimated.

Really? Who's head is going to be chopped off today?

Brian Williams says so.

Who? Never heard of him.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old February 12th 15, 04:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 2/12/2015 10:47 AM, Walt wrote:
On 2/11/2015 7:06 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

I'm too lazy to look this up: Where are the breakpoints between poor,
middle class and upper class that the feds use?

Another way to look at it is wealth (ie net worth) rather than income.

http://www.vox.com/2014/9/18/6453661...e-wealthiest-1

You need to have $2,38,5036 in net worth to be in the 1%. Not even
Horvath has amassed that much.

To be in the upper 70%, you need to have $7500 to your name. Say, a
used 2008 Chevy Impala with 100,000 miles on it and no other debts.
I'd say someone with less than that is poor.

The bottom 20% has a median net worth of -$32,000.

So, if we say that "poor" is bottom 30% and rich is top 10%, we get the
following cutoffs:

poor: $7,500 net worth
middle class: between $7500 and $650,000 net worth
rich: over $650,000

--
//Walt
Old February 12th 15, 06:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 11:58:23 -0500, Walt wrote
this crap:

On 2/12/2015 10:47 AM, Walt wrote:
On 2/11/2015 7:06 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

I'm too lazy to look this up: Where are the breakpoints between poor,
middle class and upper class that the feds use?

Another way to look at it is wealth (ie net worth) rather than income.

http://www.vox.com/2014/9/18/6453661...e-wealthiest-1

You need to have $2,38,5036 in net worth to be in the 1%. Not even
Horvath has amassed that much.

How do you know? How many people do you know with a grand piano in
the living room of their mansion? And you haven't even seen my comic
book collection.

To be in the upper 70%, you need to have $7500 to your name. Say, a
used 2008 Chevy Impala with 100,000 miles on it and no other debts.
I'd say someone with less than that is poor.

I've heard that 45% of Americans can sell everything they own and they
would still be in debt.

The bottom 20% has a median net worth of -$32,000.

So, if we say that "poor" is bottom 30% and rich is top 10%, we get the
following cutoffs:

poor: $7,500 net worth
middle class: between $7500 and $650,000 net worth
rich: over $650,000

I guess I know where I'm at. Think I should buy another Rolex?

Old February 12th 15, 06:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 16:06:12 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

Cheers, Bev
"It is never fallacious to properly cite Donald Knuth in
lieu of providing your own argument." --Sun Tzu

That's NOT in The Art of War

Old February 13th 15, 04:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Thursday, February 12, 2015 at 9:21:00 AM UTC-7, Bob F wrote:

If they are going to affect you negatively, then you really have enough not to
have any real reason to be bothered by a little extra tax. From what you say
here, I doubt that is the case.

Having enough money doesn't mean that you want to have it stolen by a corrupt regime that supports blatant racism and supports a whole new class of takers that seem to be willing to live off of others but complain about what they're given.
Old February 13th 15, 05:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 02/12/2015 10:03 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 11:58:23 -0500, Walt wrote
this crap:

On 2/12/2015 10:47 AM, Walt wrote:
On 2/11/2015 7:06 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

I'm too lazy to look this up: Where are the breakpoints between poor,
middle class and upper class that the feds use?

Another way to look at it is wealth (ie net worth) rather than income.

http://www.vox.com/2014/9/18/6453661...e-wealthiest-1

You need to have $2,38,5036 in net worth to be in the 1%. Not even
Horvath has amassed that much.

How do you know? How many people do you know with a grand piano in
the living room of their mansion?

One. His house is on a bluff overlooking the ocean. He is 89 and skis
with me whenever he isn't flying around the country for the consulting
company he incorporated on his 85th birthday.

And you haven't even seen my comic
book collection.

A friend had Superman #1 and his mom made him throw away all his comic
books because they were untidy. This story may be apocryphal or it may not.

To be in the upper 70%, you need to have $7500 to your name. Say, a
used 2008 Chevy Impala with 100,000 miles on it and no other debts.
I'd say someone with less than that is poor.

I've heard that 45% of Americans can sell everything they own and they
would still be in debt.

That's shameful.

The bottom 20% has a median net worth of -$32,000.

So, if we say that "poor" is bottom 30% and rich is top 10%, we get the
following cutoffs:

poor: $7,500 net worth
middle class: between $7500 and $650,000 net worth
rich: over $650,000

I guess I know where I'm at. Think I should buy another Rolex?

That would be stupid under any circumstances. Stupid people buy flash.

--
Cheers, Bev
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Old February 13th 15, 05:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

The Real Bev wrote:
If they are going to affect you negatively, then you really have
enough not to have any real reason to be bothered by a little extra
tax. From what you say here, I doubt that is the case.

What the asshole says and what actually happens are two different
things. Same with the rest of the governments.

I resent the fact that we have saved and invested at least half of our
lifetime income only to have it taxed away for the benefit of people
who -- for one reason or another -- weren't willing or able to do
that. I DEEPLY resent paying people to live better than I do.

When I worked I took very few sick days. When I was canned I had
accumulated over 700 hours that I could have spent on the slopes; I
had access to the records and knew that some people took it as fast
as they earned it and others spent it more judiciously, but NOBODY
had as much as I did. Those hours disappeared when I was terminated.

Yeah, I was ****ed about that too.

It must be nice to be so rich that you don't welcome policies designed to remove
the burdensome shift of taxes from the ultra rich onto the average working
American.