A Snow and ski forum. SkiBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SkiBanter forum » Skiing Newsgroups » Nordic Skiing
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

kuzmin vs real waxing

Old December 27th 12, 11:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
runcyclexcski
external usenet poster

Default kuzmin vs real waxing

Anyone care to do a side-by-side comparison on Kuzmin's products and old good waxing, and publish the results in Trax, AXCS magazine, this newsgroup, fasterskier, etc? I got this idea from skisport.ru where this topic has recently generated a heated 600-message discussion tree ... which so far hasn't lead to an actual test, but is a true gem to read, with personal insults, just like in the old good days of usenet.

As a scientist myself, I realize the difficulty to perform a well-controlled study of this sort, given the voodoo of ski glide. But I believe if a ski shop center provided ~10 pairs of skis of similar flex, and if weighed "dummies" were used rather than real skiers, going down the same track, it could produce intereptable results. One could do several repetitions of 5 pairs of skis for waxing and 5 pairs are used for the Kuzmin method. Details could be discussed (e.g. how crazy one should go with vitamin F).

I am not going to express my personal opinion on the Kuzmin method vs waxing
here. I am caross-posting to fasterskier.
Ads