France Burns!

Old November 14th 05, 09:44 PM
pigo

"Walt" wrote in message
AstroPax wrote:
On 14 Nov 2005 05:45:41 -0800, "Jeff" wrote:

French-bashing is a favorite pastime among the neo-con set,

...and almost as popular as American bashing is among many young
Europeans, as they sit at an outdoor cafe wearing Levi's and Nikes
while sipping on Starbucks coffee.

Starbucks?!? C'mon they don't drink that weak-assed poor excuse
for coffee in Europe.

You obviously haven't been in a while. There seems to be more of them
there than here.

Anyway, you can have my Cote du Rhone when you pry it out of my
cold drunken fingers.

//Walt

Old November 15th 05, 06:38 AM
Norm

"AstroPax" wrote in message
Then I guess you are not very intelligent, because it's really
irrelevant where something is made or grown, because they are all
products of US companies, and therefore, they symbolize America.

Oh...

So, if the company has a branch or office in the US, then the product
symbolizes America?

****.

That really takes the shine off the new (obSki) Volkls.

Old November 15th 05, 06:43 AM
Norm

"tm" wrote in message
AstroPax wrote:
Jeff" wrote:

I'm skeptical.

O.K, I give up.
The French people and the French government are all a great
bunch...they always have been. Currently, they are our greatest
allies, ever! Even more so than the Brits!

The Brits are pussies who can't even produce an exportable automobile
anymore. Oh wait, that is sorta like the US.

The French can do no wrong (except for Salomon bindings), and everyone
should stop bashing them and be all nice and friendly to them from now
on, regardless of how they feel or act towards the US.

It's good we finally got that sorted. Now can we move on to bashing
those heathen Inuit? Anyone noticed how they aren't part of the
Coalition of the Willing? Fact is, those lazy ****s have done nothing
but laze about in sod huts eating walrus blubber while the rest of us
fight important wars.

And Canadians.
Don't forget Canadians.
We're beginning to feel so unnoticed we might need to have an election of
our own.

Or I could just go skiing...

Old November 15th 05, 08:31 AM
ant

bdubya wrote:
On 14 Nov 2005 05:45:41 -0800, "Jeff" wrote:
French-bashing is a favorite pastime among the neo-con set, but
France is not only our oldest ally, but a valuable partner in the al
Qaeda War:

It doesn't matter. They had the colossal gall to not take orders
direct from GWB, so they must be slagged at every opportunity.
Didn't you get the memo?

Well said.

--
ant
http://www.dcita.gov.au/tel/do_not_call

Old November 15th 05, 09:05 AM
ant

Norm wrote:
"tm" wrote in message
AstroPax wrote:
Jeff" wrote:

[...]

cue an excellent article about Canada and War
http://www.satirewire.com/news/feb02/warship.shtml

Old November 15th 05, 10:49 AM
Jeff

Norm wrote:
And Canadians.
Don't forget Canadians.
We're beginning to feel so unnoticed we might need to have an election of
our own.

Canadians? Never heard of them....

Old November 15th 05, 10:55 AM
Jeff

AstroPax wrote:
On 14 Nov 2005 14:37:32 -0800, "Jeff" wrote:

I'm skeptical.

O.K, I give up.

The French people and the French government are all a great
bunch...they always have been. Currently, they are our greatest
allies, ever! Even more so than the Brits!

The French can do no wrong (except for Salomon bindings), and everyone
should stop bashing them and be all nice and friendly to them from now
on, regardless of how they feel or act towards the US.

Barf!

Astro, I have criticisms of the French but I dislike what I see as
knee-jerk French bashing. I could never hate a country with that much
culinary expertise. Britain, on the other hand, is a culinary waste
land....

Jeff

Old November 15th 05, 11:25 AM
ant

Jeff wrote:

Britain, on the other hand, is a culinary waste
land....

It certainly was in 1988. food terrorism. Nothing gets out alive (or
edible).
Someone said it'd improved since then, which I believe, as it couldn't get
worse.

god it was horrible.
We'd go to Pizza Hut just to get the salad. I'm not joking. It was that bad.

Old November 15th 05, 12:57 PM
pigo

"ant" wrote in message
Jeff wrote:

Britain, on the other hand, is a culinary waste
land....

It certainly was in 1988. food terrorism. Nothing gets out alive
(or edible).
Someone said it'd improved since then, which I believe, as it
couldn't get worse.

god it was horrible.
We'd go to Pizza Hut just to get the salad. I'm not joking. It was
that bad.

The breakfasts is the worst stuff. Quite often we eat in at my bil's
house so there's a Dutch twist to our meals there as well. When we go
out for dinner is usually at their favorite Indian place, that's real
good. Most of the times we've gone out to dinner it's been good,
meaty stuff. Not particularly imaginative or anything. Meat, gravy,
potatoes, and (something that would make scatty move there) spotted
dick (he'd be disappointed to find out it's a pudding type desert).

Old November 15th 05, 02:40 PM
Norm

"ant" wrote in message
Norm wrote:
"tm" wrote in message
AstroPax wrote:
Jeff" wrote:

[...]

Cool. We actually did send a couple of ships to the first Gulf War, but they
broke down enroute and never made it there. Really.