bode miller simply the best

Old March 2nd 10, 03:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

Default bode miller simply the best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfHMvG49Hrg

What a slipping turn, I did say that he's a flatboarder, didn't I?

IS
Old March 2nd 10, 03:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

taichiskiing wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfHMvG49Hrg

What a slipping turn, I did say that he's a flatboarder, didn't I?

If you call that "flatboarding", I think you need to define "flatboarding" very
clearly to start the discussion.

Old March 2nd 10, 03:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Mar 2, 8:16*am, taichiskiing
wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfHMvG49Hrg

What a slipping turn, I did say that he's a flatboarder, didn't I?

IS

We all called you a mindless idiot, but you don't see us gloating do
you ? Learn your manners.
Old March 2nd 10, 04:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 3/2/10 8:16 AM, taichiskiing wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfHMvG49Hrg

What a slipping turn, I did say that he's a flatboarder, didn't I?

Yep. GS is Miller's worst event. All that slipping is why he doesn't
podium often in GS races. He's trying to hold a carve and is having
trouble getting his edge sets.

Look for video of GS winners, please.

(P.S. This is not the recent Olympics, you realize?)
Old March 2nd 10, 04:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,
taichiskiing wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfHMvG49Hrg

What a slipping turn, I did say that he's a flatboarder, didn't I?

IS

Every good skier understands that slipped/skidded/steered turns are
necessary from time to time.

Racers try to avoid them because carved turns are faster, and only do
them when there is no other way to make it around the gate.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old March 2nd 10, 05:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Yabahoobs wrote:
On Mar 2, 8:16 am, taichiskiing
wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfHMvG49Hrg

What a slipping turn, I did say that he's a flatboarder, didn't I?

IS

We all called you a mindless idiot, but you don't see us gloating do
you ? Learn your manners.

I think scratchy forgot to take his meds again. I am sure Bode would be
real happy to be called a flat & boring skier.
Old March 2nd 10, 06:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 09:12:58 -0800, lal_truckee
wrote:

On 3/2/10 8:16 AM, taichiskiing wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfHMvG49Hrg

What a slipping turn, I did say that he's a flatboarder, didn't I?

Yep. GS is Miller's worst event. All that slipping is why he doesn't
podium often in GS races. He's trying to hold a carve and is having
trouble getting his edge sets.

Look for video of GS winners, please.

(P.S. This is not the recent Olympics, you realize?)

Worst event by far, still a superior talent that is undisputed
Old March 2nd 10, 07:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On Mar 2, 9:12 am, lal_truckee wrote:
On 3/2/10 8:16 AM, taichiskiing wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfHMvG49Hrg

What a slipping turn, I did say that he's a flatboarder, didn't I?

Yep. GS is Miller's worst event. All that slipping is why he doesn't
podium often in GS races. He's trying to hold a carve and is having
trouble getting his edge sets.

I don't see that, he is trying to straighten his line so it closes to
the gate; if he had carved he would be off the course.

Look for video of GS winners, please.

He is not the silver medalist of this Olympic Games?

(P.S. This is not the recent Olympics, you realize?)

A good performance is a good performance.

IS
Old March 3rd 10, 04:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 3/2/10 12:58 PM, taichiskiing wrote:
On Mar 2, 9:12 am, wrote:
On 3/2/10 8:16 AM, taichiskiing wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfHMvG49Hrg

What a slipping turn, I did say that he's a flatboarder, didn't I?

Yep. GS is Miller's worst event. All that slipping is why he doesn't
podium often in GS races. He's trying to hold a carve and is having
trouble getting his edge sets.

I don't see that, he is trying to straighten his line so it closes to
the gate; if he had carved he would be off the course.

Look for video of GS winners, please.

He is not the silver medalist of this Olympic Games?

No. Not in GS.

(P.S. This is not the recent Olympics, you realize?)

A good performance is a good performance.

Your video is a bad performance, for the exact reasons you praise it.
Every time he slips he loses time and reduces his chance of a podium,
and he slips a lot in your video - he'd be the first to note the errors.

FIS lists Miller with no GS points this year - I don't even know if he
started any GS races other than the Olympics where the team is limited
on how many skiers can participate per country. On the other hand Ted
Ligety (USA) is leading in World Cup GS currently.

Here's Ligety getting a podium
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdAStSw6kuc&feature=PlayList&p=1F51978E282 A3697&index=18

Even in this video occasionally Ligety makes a mistake and loses his
carve - that's all it took to put him in second instead of first.

Here's a link to the FIS WC standings:
http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/disciplines/alpineskiing/cupstandings.html
Old March 3rd 10, 12:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On Mar 2, 9:12 am, wrote:
On 3/2/10 8:16 AM, taichiskiing wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfHMvG49Hrg

What a slipping turn, I did say that he's a flatboarder, didn't I?

Yep. GS is Miller's worst event. All that slipping is why he doesn't
podium often in GS races. He's trying to hold a carve and is having
trouble getting his edge sets.

I don't see that, he is trying to straighten his line so it closes to
the gate; if he had carved he would be off the course.

Look for video of GS winners, please.

He is not the silver medalist of this Olympic Games?

No. Not in GS.

Oops, guess I've mixed up the GS with SG, nevertheless, was he not the
2002 Olympic GS silver medalist?

(P.S. This is not the recent Olympics, you realize?)

A good performance is a good performance.

Your video is a bad performance, for the exact reasons you praise it.
Every time he slips he loses time and reduces his chance of a podium,
and he slips a lot in your video - he'd be the first to note the errors.

No, as I said, as he straightened his line, he actually crossed the
gate sooner thus skied faster than if he would have carved, and the
timing and the place where he started to the slipping turns and his
precise control on the line to the gate were what made the good
performance, shorter "line" and extremely flexible.

FIS lists Miller with no GS points this year - I don't even know if he
started any GS races other than the Olympics where the team is limited
on how many skiers can participate per country. On the other hand Ted
Ligety (USA) is leading in World Cup GS currently.

Here's Ligety getting a podium
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdAStSw6kuc&feature=PlayList&p=1F51978...
Even in this video occasionally Ligety makes a mistake and loses his
carve - that's all it took to put him in second instead of first.

I'm not a "carving" fan; I only impressed with his carving 360 that he
did at the end of his 2010 Olympic SG run; unfortunately, I didn't
record it.

Here's a link to the FIS WC standings:
http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/disciplines/alpineskiing/cupstandings.html

I'm not a ski racing fan, neither; I was talking about good skiing,
not racing.

IS

bode miller downhill Alpine Skiing 1 February 2nd 10 04:35 AM
Bode Miller Interview Marty Alpine Skiing 0 May 4th 06 05:21 PM
Bode Miller CliffB Alpine Skiing 55 March 18th 06 01:48 AM
Bode Miller - why the castigation? MichaelJP Alpine Skiing 50 March 2nd 06 01:01 AM
Bode Miller USA Today Schmoe Alpine Skiing 0 March 10th 05 03:13 PM