Big Man Skate Rollerskis

Old March 20th 07, 02:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
delltodd

Default Big Man Skate Rollerskis

I have a ski buddy who weighs about 200 pounds. He needs to get some
skate rollerskis. Terrain is primarily asphalt rails to trails.

What skate rollerskis should a Big Guy consider ?

If I had to start over (147 pounds) I would probably go with a new
pair of Marwe's. They feel great, and plenty of very good skiers are
on them.

But the Marwe's are a light design, are they sturdy enough for a 200 #
skier ? Will he burn thru wheels ?

One buddy (170#) swaps his Marwe's (right for left) at every
turnaround when we do a long out & back.

I know one other Big Guy (220#), and he goes for the old school V2
little wheel model. But I think everyone would agree that there is a
safety factor loss with the little wheels. What he gains is wheel
life.

I currently have the little blue wheel proski S2. They are fine, but
that wheel does wear away noticeably, and I'm not very big. I'm sure a
Big Guy would shave that wheel down quickly. They are intolerable on
chipseal, but fine on standard issue asphalt.

Old March 20th 07, 02:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Eric Nevalainen

On Mar 20, 9:13 am, "delltodd" wrote:
[...]

I weigh in at about 220, and have had good luck w. the Elpex F1
running a #3 wheel.
It rolls well on the bike paths I normally ski on at home (some are
smoother than others)
I'm sure the alu. shaft doesn't make for the smoothest ride out
there, but for my puropses,
they have worked quite well

I swap the skis right to left w. each wearing to keep the wheelwear
even, and they've handled
their share of nasty spills quite well.....better than me actually.

Give 'em a look.

Eric

Old March 20th 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Polar Bear

Don't shy away from the Marwe's if you are over 200 lbs. I am in that
category and have had no problem with the 610 skates. You need to
alternate your skis making sure the right side for your last workout
is on the left on your next workout and vice versa. I never alternate
doing a workout. With that said, I used to alternate my V2 and
Proskis, that I owned before and had way more tire wear than what I
have with my 610. FYI, my current 610 are over 5 years old, and I
have replaced the wheels once, and the shaft has not given me any
problems. I had broken a shaft previously on my V2 and Proskis, thus
the switch to Marwe's

If you are looking for classic, buy the Combi's if you are over 200.
With classic only ski you will bottom out.

Old March 20th 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Marsh Jones

I've got the Marwe 100s, which is an all aluminum shaft, and supposedly
a little more robust. I think when I got them I was around 215.
If anything, they feel slightly lighter than the 610s. And I'm on the
same pair of wheels that they came with - 500+K and I can't really tell.

Mrash

Old March 21st 07, 08:08 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
FrontRunner

Dell:
No problem with Marwe wheels. I get at least 3,000k on a set. The F1s only
about 500 to 600 miles. They have improved those, but no comparison to the
Marwes. As to the weight issue, the Marwes shaft should also hold up well.

The FrontRunner

PS: Great last month of the season you definitely brought it up a notch!

ups.com...

Old March 24th 07, 05:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
kskier

I am a heavier skier, and have both the 830's(Jenex V-2) and the
Aero's 150. You can't beat the ride of the 150's. After you get used
to them, you will never go back to your old skis.