I too have met Jeff Davis

Old March 17th 07, 02:40 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default I too have met Jeff Davis

Through this newsgroup I met Jeff about three years ago. Probably have
skied 5 days over three trips with him but have not seen him since
last season.

I lurk here from time to time and have seen some of the postings
between Jeff and others but don't have the time or desire to follow
all of them.

But I have seen Jeff attacked and while those who do may, in their
experience, have good reason for it I thought I should add my two
cents.

Is Jeff ecentric? Yes. But I found him to be honest, warm and
intelligent. My wife and son have enjoyed his company too. Not the
wierdo as I would have thought based on what I read here

For what it is worth.

Fred

Old March 17th 07, 05:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Mar 16, 7:40 pm, " wrote:
Through this newsgroup I met Jeff about three years ago. Probably have
skied 5 days over three trips with him but have not seen him since
last season.

I lurk here from time to time and have seen some of the postings
between Jeff and others but don't have the time or desire to follow
all of them.

But I have seen Jeff attacked and while those who do may, in their
experience, have good reason for it I thought I should add my two
cents.

Is Jeff ecentric? Yes. But I found him to be honest, warm and
intelligent. My wife and son have enjoyed his company too. Not the
wierdo as I would have thought based on what I read here

For what it is worth.

Jeff is being "attacked" here only for what he says here.

Old March 17th 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo

On Mar 16, 9:40 pm, " wrote:
Through this newsgroup I met Jeff about three years ago. Probably have
skied 5 days over three trips with him but have not seen him since
last season.

I lurk here from time to time and have seen some of the postings
between Jeff and others but don't have the time or desire to follow
all of them.

But I have seen Jeff attacked and while those who do may, in their
experience, have good reason for it I thought I should add my two
cents.

Is Jeff ecentric? Yes. But I found him to be honest, warm and
intelligent. My wife and son have enjoyed his company too. Not the
wierdo as I would have thought based on what I read here

For what it is worth.

Fred

People aren't attacking Jeff. Just responding to the Jeff that they've
met here. And he STILL hasn't answered me how I called him a child
molester........which I DID NOT.

Old March 17th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article .com,
Richard Henry wrote:

Jeff is being "attacked" here only for what he says here.

Is that why you missed my thrust explaination of iverted FA-18 flight?
I think you're a thoughtless crank with a knee-jerk reaction to anything
regarding Scott Abraham. Since I've actually met him and found him to
be far from the libel published here, I seem to have challenged your
belief systems. In order to continue to believe bull****, you attempt
to denigrate me.

Why do you post here Dickie?
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old March 17th 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article ,
Sven Golly wrote:
" wrote in
roups.com:

But I have seen Jeff attacked

Not attacked. Held accountable for what he says.

Well Jeff is e-centric. And eccentric. And egocentric. Lots of centrics
really.

That is a classic ad hominem attack you insufferably stupid ****ing idiot.
Account for that ****wad.

Normal Person + anonymity + audience = Total ****wad.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old March 17th 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mar 17, 11:03?am, "pigo" wrote:

People aren't attacking Jeff. Just responding to the Jeff that they've
met here. And he STILL hasn't answered me how I called him a child
molester........which I DID NOT.- Hide quoted text -

Maybe "attack" is the wrong word. As I mentioned, I have only read a
handful of the posts on the subject, but thought I would just offer up
my personal experience. I am not defending what issues he is involved
in here.

Fred

Old March 17th 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article .com,
pigo wrote:
On Mar 16, 9:40 pm, " wrote:

But I have seen Jeff attacked and while those who do may, in their

People aren't attacking Jeff. Just responding to the Jeff that they've
met here. And he STILL hasn't answered me how I called him a child
molester........which I DID NOT.

ad hominem |Kad KhC$mInIm| adverb & adjective 1 (of an argument or i
reaction) arising from or appealing to the emotions and not reason or logic.
b" attacking an opponentbs motives or character rather than the policy
or position they maintain : vicious ad hominem attacks.

So...we've established that I am no child molester. That's a start.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old March 17th 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article . com,
wrote:

Maybe "attack" is the wrong word. As I mentioned, I have only read a
handful of the posts on the subject, but thought I would just offer up
my personal experience. I am not defending what issues he is involved
in here.

Attack is the right word. They are classic denotative ad hominem attacks.
See the dictionary citation in this thread. You know I'm a completely
different person Out of Bounds on wild snow. It isn't a democracy out
there.

You're one of the few people who've looked up at the south aspect of
Rock Springs where I identified "Zero G," and "Spacewalk." Some ****wad
will whine like a bitch about name dropping, but **** them. The point is,
Brents Hawks, Ken Jern, and some Brit and I were all skiing backcountry on
a day when the Avalache Hazard was High. Hawks wanted to ski "Zero G," or
"Spacewalk," and I said, "No. Let's ski Rock Springs from the west of that
cliff line and check it out first. There's something going on with south
aspects today I don't understand yet."

That was two Certified Mountain Guides, and some Brit dude Jern had been
climbing with that fall in Nepal. We skied around. There was a 1m crown
fracture under both chutes about 200m wide. Jern said, "Good call, Jeff."

The slide bed on that occasion was a sun crust limited to south aspects.
A couple of years ago we had a pernicious weak layer on all aspects as a
result of an upside down storm which reached critical mass 20 Febuary.
The Avy Lab called the slide bed a sun crust. I had a chat with Bob Comey.
We'd dug pits from Avalache Bowl, south of Teton Pass, to Garnet Canyon,
on the flanks of the Grand Teton that week. We always got an easy break
with a shovel test in the light density weak layer from the upside down
storm 10 Feburary, 2007.

Comey defered to my judgement on the slide bed. And he replaced my good
friend Jim Kanzler as head avalache forecaster for the BTNF, (Formerly, JHMR).

In Jackson Hole, it ain't about being right or wrong. It's about staying
alive. We don't waste a lot of time defending the belief systems of our
egos. We're more interested in accurate information from reliable sources.

We stay alive with good judgement. So now I'm all set up for some ****wad
to denigrate my honesty, ethics, and judgement. And some ****wad will...
This is Usenet News.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old March 17th 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo

On Mar 17, 3:15 pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:

So...we've established that I am no child molester. That's a start.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

I wouldn't say we've "established" it. In general I assume people are
not until there is an indication otherwise. You are bordering on
"protesting too much" at this point. Mostly because there is a simple
question on the table. Very easy for you to address. Where the hell
did you come up with that in the first place? I think most people here
will agree that it is somehow connected to my post about you "starting
to sound a lot like trunky". That has to do with your cirular
reasoning and evasion of simply answered questions like this one.

In this particular instance I think the correct response would be
(since it's all there in black and white) "Oops. I ****ed up. You only
said that I sound like trunky and there is really no reference to
child molesting at all." To which you might add. "Jeez, where the ****
did I even get that from? Maybe I'm not thinking this through and I
really AM starting to sound like that retard? Everything I say is
recorded after all. And someone is sure to dig it up and throw it back
in my face at some point."

You could even use trunk's tactics. Something like "talking to Franz
Klammer in Jackson last week. He says that..................." . Then
when someone comes up with an article about Franz being in Austria
last week you can say that " I DIDN'T SAY _I_ WAS TALKING TO FRANZ".

Hey, Jeff Sweetie Pie..... clarencedarrow Alpine Skiing 15 March 5th 07 01:43 AM
Jeff Davis just got used. clarencedarrow Alpine Skiing 1 February 19th 07 04:35 AM
Skiing with Jeff Davis [email protected] Alpine Skiing 0 March 27th 05 12:45 AM
Picture for Jeff Armin Alpine Skiing 1 February 12th 05 01:53 PM
Whatever happened to Jeff Davis? Richard Henry Alpine Skiing 28 February 29th 04 11:25 PM