Whistler ski school

Old March 28th 05, 11:20 AM
Janice

Default Whistler ski school

Any advice on Whistler ski school? I haven't skied for 4 years and would
describe myself as better than snowplough but not quite polished parallel.

As my two sons and brother are so much better than me I thought I'd take
some lessons this year and allow me to ski with others at my level and let
them go off and do their own thing!

I've looked at the online booking but not sure if I'd gain anything as I'm
not booking accommodation with them - already booked in the UK. Presumably I
can just turn up and sort out lessons then? We will be arriving on 2nd
April.

Any tips gratefully received.

Janice

Old March 28th 05, 10:14 PM
Rick Feser

Janice,

I'm sure that you would be fine if you waited until you arrived at Whistler
to sign up for lessons but another option that you might want to consider is
a Ski Buddy group. Many ski hills have meeting areas where people similar
ability can meet up and then the group is taken by an instructor to
appropriate places on the mountain. I'm sure that Whistler is no different.
Enjoy your trip.

Rick Feser

Old March 30th 05, 11:12 AM
Steve Haigh

Janice wrote:
Any advice on Whistler ski school? I haven't skied for 4 years and would
describe myself as better than snowplough but not quite polished parallel.

As my two sons and brother are so much better than me I thought I'd take
some lessons this year and allow me to ski with others at my level and let
them go off and do their own thing!

I've looked at the online booking but not sure if I'd gain anything as I'm
not booking accommodation with them - already booked in the UK. Presumably I
can just turn up and sort out lessons then? We will be arriving on 2nd
April.

Yes, they are far more flexible and customer friendly than most European
Ski schools. You could always email them if you had questions, but you
should be fine to just turn up.
Old March 30th 05, 04:13 PM
Janice

Thanks.

I had a look at the guided tours but they seem to be more for
intermediate/advanced skiers. Not sure if I would put myself into that
category, especially with not having skied for 4 years.

Janice

newsl%1e.828512$Xk.746481@pd7tw3no...

Old March 31st 05, 01:24 AM
Snowy

Hi there Janice

I'm an independent ski instructor in Whistler. I'm a certified instructor
and ski guide but I'm not affiliated with Whistler Blackcomb ski school.

I'm available for private instruction on weekdays for a much more reasonable
rate than you will find with ski school.

If you are interested and would like more information just email me at
snowyATtelusDOTnet.

Either way have a great stay in Whistler... the conditions are the best
they've been all season.

Old March 31st 05, 04:41 PM
stuart

"Janice" wrote in message
Any advice on Whistler ski school? I haven't skied for 4 years and would
describe myself as better than snowplough but not quite polished
parallel.

As my two sons and brother are so much better than me I thought I'd take
some lessons this year and allow me to ski with others at my level and
let
them go off and do their own thing!

I've looked at the online booking but not sure if I'd gain anything as
I'm
not booking accommodation with them - already booked in the UK.
Presumably

can just turn up and sort out lessons then? We will be arriving on 2nd
April.

Any tips gratefully received.

Janice

Hi Janice;

I am trying to track down my old childhood neighbour. Last I heard he was
instructing at Whistler. His name is Don Barr. He would be 51 years old,
dark hair (maybe grey now)
Do you know him?

Stuart

kid instructor recommendations Whistler? Liza Alpine Skiing (moderated) 1 January 4th 05 09:50 PM
ok, let me rephrase the whistler question kevin Alpine Skiing 51 September 15th 04 03:13 PM
Whistler in early/late March, or Tahoe? William Ball North American Ski Resorts 5 January 20th 04 10:20 PM
Whistler DZN Alpine Skiing 2 September 17th 03 06:28 AM
Whistler Recommendations? TomTom Snowboarding 1 July 28th 03 11:26 AM