Whistler ATMs

Old March 20th 05, 11:04 AM
Janice

Default Whistler ATMs

Anyone from the UK used the ATMs with a UK bank card? Any problems? Any
hints like the best one to use?

Thanks

Old March 20th 05, 05:45 PM
Andy

Hi Janice,

I went to Whistler in 03 & 04 and had no problems withdrawing cash. I
think I used the ATM next to the Whistler gondola at least a couple of
times. Can't recall if I used my Visa credit card or Maestro/Cirrus
current account card - however, I've just got back from Banff (Feb 05)
and used my Natwest Maestro/Cirrus card from three or four different
ATM's without any problem. Have been charged a couple of quid per
transaction, so I'd recommend getting at least $300 a time - but guess
the charges are unavoidable.

Hope this helps.

Andy.

Old March 20th 05, 09:46 PM
Mark

Andy wrote:
Hi Janice,

I went to Whistler in 03 & 04 and had no problems withdrawing cash. I
think I used the ATM next to the Whistler gondola at least a couple of
times. Can't recall if I used my Visa credit card or Maestro/Cirrus
current account card - however, I've just got back from Banff (Feb 05)
and used my Natwest Maestro/Cirrus card from three or four different
ATM's without any problem. Have been charged a couple of quid per
transaction, so I'd recommend getting at least $300 a time - but guess
the charges are unavoidable.

Hope this helps.

Andy.

Maybe with a gold card you can avoid them ? (but the Gold Card costs
more to begin with)...

Visa and Mastercard are accepted in most places it seems...
Old March 21st 05, 05:01 PM
Janice

"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Janice,

I went to Whistler in 03 & 04 and had no problems withdrawing cash. I
think I used the ATM next to the Whistler gondola at least a couple of
times. Can't recall if I used my Visa credit card or Maestro/Cirrus
current account card - however, I've just got back from Banff (Feb 05)
and used my Natwest Maestro/Cirrus card from three or four different
ATM's without any problem. Have been charged a couple of quid per
transaction, so I'd recommend getting at least $300 a time - but guess
the charges are unavoidable.

Hope this helps.

Andy.

Thanks Andy.

Old March 22nd 05, 11:31 PM
John Privett

Janice wrote:
Anyone from the UK used the ATMs with a UK bank card? Any problems?
Any hints like the best one to use?

In Banff last year I found ATMs that accepted Mastercard/Maestro were much
more common than those that took Visa. In fact I only found one bank in
Banff with ATMs that took Visa. No idea if Whistler is the same, but it's
probably worth taking both types of cards - if you have them.

--
John P.
http://www.flyrc.org.uk/