We have a player!

Old September 10th 03, 05:05 PM
Sam Seiber

Default We have a player!

Looks like A-Basin is going to join the race with Loveland to open
first.
See:
http://www.summitdaily.com/apps/pbcs...NEWS/309100101

I like their mention of a heavy dusting. What the hell is that?
Last weekend I picked some brand new boots & bindings, something
I havn't done in about 18 years. I guess I better figure out
what boards I am going to put under those new bindings.

Sam "I ski A-Basin too" Seiber

Old September 10th 03, 06:10 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On 10 Sep 2003 17:05:01 GMT, Sam Seiber penned:
Looks like A-Basin is going to join the race with Loveland to open
first.
See:
http://www.summitdaily.com/apps/pbcs...NEWS/309100101

I like their mention of a heavy dusting. What the hell is that?
Last weekend I picked some brand new boots & bindings, something
I havn't done in about 18 years. I guess I better figure out
what boards I am going to put under those new bindings.

Sam "I ski A-Basin too" Seiber

Does A-Basin's ridiculously high altitude generally give it an advantage
in early-season snowfall?

--
monique

My pointless ramblings:
http://www.bounceswoosh.org/phorum/index.php?f=6

Old September 10th 03, 09:15 PM
Sam Seiber

Monique Y. Herman wrote:
Does A-Basin's ridiculously high altitude generally give it an advantage
in early-season snowfall?

Its altitude is really more of an advantage for snow making. They
will have snow making temps before Keystone/Breck/Copper. They
will start making snow at the top, and work their way down. When
A-Basin &/or Loveland open first, there will be one available path
down. A-Basin has a bit of an advantage. They may well decide to
lay down a path on the upper 2/3rds of their mtn. This means
at the end of the ski day, you would download on the Exo lift,
just like we did at the end of last season. Loveland makes one
path down from their chair #1. So Loveland has to get snow
made all the way to the bottom.

Since A-Basin's plumbing just got finished (or very nearly
complete), they have no history in the "open first" race.
They have a lower & upper mtn per se, so they could cheat
a bit by getting the upper mtn going to get the area open.
If they have to cheat a bit to open first, I say fine. What
ever gets me back on my twigs fastest is OK by me.

Sam "About 5 weeks to go for ski season" Seiber

Old September 11th 03, 02:30 PM
Chester Bullock

Sam Seiber wrote in news:3F5F93DF.DF4
@sbseiber.com:

Since A-Basin's plumbing just got finished (or very nearly
complete), they have no history in the "open first" race.
They have a lower & upper mtn per se, so they could cheat
a bit by getting the upper mtn going to get the area open.
If they have to cheat a bit to open first, I say fine. What
ever gets me back on my twigs fastest is OK by me.

I'd rather see the Basin open first. For some reason the scanners at
Loveland don't take my KAB pass...

--
Chester Bullock,
Tenxible Solutions - Tangible, Flexible

Old September 11th 03, 04:55 PM
Sam Seiber

Chester Bullock wrote:
I'd rather see the Basin open first. For some reason the scanners at
Loveland don't take my KAB pass...

I already have my season passes for the Basin as well as Loveland.
I don't care which one wins the race. I just hope I get enough
notice on opening day that I can call off work so I can be there.

Sam "I have my season passes ready" Seiber

Old September 20th 03, 03:52 PM
ant

It should be cooling down over there. Because today it was bloody hot
here and I got sunburnt! My weird little ski hill is doing well this
year and is actually good skiing for the first week of teh school
holidays, but the staff are all hoping it'll rain it all off so they
can go home. I've been teaching all day and my feet are rooned. When
someone finds a boot for wide feet with very sore 6th toe, let me
know.

Spring is definitley sprung (I'm conveniently ignoring the 3 days dump
we got earlier this week) and it's time for the leaves to fall up in
the northern hem.

ant

Old September 21st 03, 03:39 AM
Sue

ant seems to be saying:

someone finds a boot for wide feet with very sore 6th toe, let me
know.

They don't make them. Give up, get them made specially.

Spring is definitley sprung (I'm conveniently ignoring the 3 days dump
we got earlier this week) and it's time for the leaves to fall up in
the northern hem.

Not quite yet. Here it's very dry and silly temperatures (28C
afternoon, 8C night!) Meaning really brilliant off-road cycling
through the limp wilting trees, but you don't get snow in dry weather!

--
Sue ]