Wedge vs. Stem; The Difference.

Old December 9th 04, 09:29 PM
uglymoney

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 21:56:58 GMT, Dave M
wrote:

yunlong wrote:

snip

The quality of this clip is not that good, but it does show the
capability of the flat-boarding in the bumps,
http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/upperdynamic.wmv
however, not sure how you will make of it.

snip

There is so little left to say in this thread except, maybe...

wow.

Yeah! That is some bump run. Wow. That video sure does show how
useful flat-boarding can be in the bumps. Hell yes! Its back to the
drawing board for former champs like Mosely.

I am intrigued by the tone of yunlong's last response to bdubya. It
sounded like yunlong is somehow empowered, whereas the rest of us mere
mortals are unable to 'see' the truth about flat earthing. Are these
guys trying to start a cult, running a cult? Advertising on RSA of
all places?

Yunlong wrote, "Ok, though not sure if you know how to see."

Sounds 'eastern' new age and cult like to me. Makes me suspiscous
that this type of language is followed up by demands for large amounts
of cash for 'lessons' that are a gateway to this so called
'empowerment' for so called students.

Reminds me of the Yogic Flying Club here in Iowa promoted by the
Maha's. They'd all meditate and bounce around on mats while sitting
indian style, and claim that they were actually flying.

What a bunch of overspent, easily controlled trust fund freaks.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...22/ai_20562397

I say take your bull**** flat earthing to pay per view television
where it belongs.

nate
Old December 9th 04, 11:17 PM
Mary Malmros

wrote:

yunlong wrote:

snip

The quality of this clip is not that good, but it does show the
capability of the flat-boarding in the bumps,
http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/upperdynamic.wmv
however, not sure how you will make of it.

snip

There is so little left to say in this thread except, maybe...

wow.

Yeah! That is some bump run. Wow. That video sure does show how
useful flat-boarding can be in the bumps. Hell yes! Its back to the
drawing board for former champs like Mosely.

I looked and looked and couldn't find any bumps in that video. I still
don't get it. I guess I'm just not capable of seeing.

I am intrigued by the tone of yunlong's last response to bdubya. It
sounded like yunlong is somehow empowered, whereas the rest of us mere
mortals are unable to 'see' the truth about flat earthing. Are these
guys trying to start a cult, running a cult? Advertising on RSA of
all places?

He/she could be trying, but it will never work. Sufficient doses of
snow, beer and cheese make one resistant to the mind-control techniques
of destructive cults.

Yunlong wrote, "Ok, though not sure if you know how to see."

Sounds 'eastern' new age and cult like to me. Makes me suspiscous
that this type of language is followed up by demands for large amounts
of cash for 'lessons' that are a gateway to this so called
'empowerment' for so called students.

I know what, it's whatsishead, the tax dodger who founded the so-called
"martial art" Chung Moo Doe. See
http://freedomofmind.com/resourcecenter/groups/c/chung/

Reminds me of the Yogic Flying Club here in Iowa promoted by the
Maha's. They'd all meditate and bounce around on mats while sitting
indian style, and claim that they were actually flying.

With enough of the right drugs all 'round, an observer might even agree
with them.

Out of curiosity, how much air could these Flying Yogis get?

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Old December 9th 04, 11:36 PM
yunlong

wrote:

yunlong wrote:

snip

The quality of this clip is not that good, but it does show the
capability of the flat-boarding in the bumps,
http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/upperdynamic.wmv
however, not sure how you will make of it.

snip

There is so little left to say in this thread except, maybe...

wow.

Yeah! That is some bump run. Wow. That video sure does show how
useful flat-boarding can be in the bumps. Hell yes! Its back to the
drawing board for former champs like Mosely.

Name-dropping for what you don't have?

I am intrigued by the tone of yunlong's last response to bdubya. It
sounded like yunlong is somehow empowered, whereas the rest of us

mere
mortals are unable to 'see' the truth about flat earthing.

Maybe just you [are unable to see], no, you don't represent "the rest
of us."

Are these
guys trying to start a cult, running a cult? Advertising on RSA of
all places?

I'm talking about skiing, are you sure you are in the right Newsgroup?

Yunlong wrote, "Ok, though not sure if you know how to see."

Sounds 'eastern' new age and cult like to me.

Where does it come about? Are you a racist?

Makes me suspiscous
that this type of language is followed up by demands for large

amounts
of cash for 'lessons' that are a gateway to this so called
'empowerment' for so called students.

The empowerment is actually quite simple, do it before you talk.

Reminds me of the Yogic Flying Club here in Iowa promoted by the
Maha's.

You got a good imagination alright, cannot tell between yoga and
skiing?

They'd all meditate and bounce around on mats while sitting
indian style, and claim that they were actually flying.

You even listen to the claim?

What a bunch of overspent, easily controlled trust fund freaks.

For the gullible bunch, yes.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...22/ai_20562397

I say take your bull**** flat earthing to pay per view television
where it belongs.

Or you should take this garbage bull**** out of here, it's after all a
newsgroup for discussing skiing, which you apparently know little.

nate

In the realm of ignorance, arrogance reigns.

IS

Old December 9th 04, 11:56 PM
yunlong

wrote:

yunlong wrote:

snip

The quality of this clip is not that good, but it does show the
capability of the flat-boarding in the bumps,
http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/upperdynamic.wmv
however, not sure how you will make of it.

snip

There is so little left to say in this thread except, maybe...

wow.

Yeah! That is some bump run. Wow. That video sure does show how
useful flat-boarding can be in the bumps. Hell yes! Its back to

the
drawing board for former champs like Mosely.

I looked and looked and couldn't find any bumps in that video. I

still
don't get it. I guess I'm just not capable of seeing.

Yes, apparently.

The trail is Upper Dynamic, Sierra-at-Tahoe, CA. if you don't know what
it is, lal_truckee maybe able to clue you in.

I am intrigued by the tone of yunlong's last response to bdubya.

It
sounded like yunlong is somehow empowered, whereas the rest of us

mere
mortals are unable to 'see' the truth about flat earthing. Are

these
guys trying to start a cult, running a cult? Advertising on RSA of
all places?

He/she could be trying, but it will never work. Sufficient doses of
snow, beer and cheese make one resistant to the mind-control

techniques
of destructive cults.

So you've never skied in arm-pit deep powder? Maybe AstroPax can clue
you in on this one.

Yunlong wrote, "Ok, though not sure if you know how to see."

Sounds 'eastern' new age and cult like to me. Makes me suspiscous
that this type of language is followed up by demands for large

amounts
of cash for 'lessons' that are a gateway to this so called
'empowerment' for so called students.

I know what, it's whatsishead, the tax dodger who founded the

so-called
"martial art" Chung Moo Doe. See
http://freedomofmind.com/resourcecenter/groups/c/chung/

Small talk boosts your ego, eh?

IS

Old December 10th 04, 03:54 AM
uglymoney

wrote:

yunlong wrote:

[...]

Snow! I need me some of that. The resorts around here opened last
weekend with one run (I was tied up anyway and couldn't go), and then
promptly shut on monday after a warm rain. It hasn't been below
freezing since. Getting ridiculous. Keep in mind that these lower
Mississippi river valley ski areas have about as much snowmaking
capacity per acre as any ski resorts anywhere. So its gotta be really
bad for them not to be open at this point.

Yunlong wrote, "Ok, though not sure if you know how to see."

Sounds 'eastern' new age and cult like to me. Makes me suspiscous
that this type of language is followed up by demands for large amounts
of cash for 'lessons' that are a gateway to this so called
'empowerment' for so called students.

I know what, it's whatsishead, the tax dodger who founded the so-called
"martial art" Chung Moo Doe. See
http://freedomofmind.com/resourcecenter/groups/c/chung/

Yes! Hey, I think I'm finally starting to 'get' this flat boarding.

Reminds me of the Yogic Flying Club here in Iowa promoted by the
Maha's. They'd all meditate and bounce around on mats while sitting
indian style, and claim that they were actually flying.

With enough of the right drugs all 'round, an observer might even agree
with them.

Out of curiosity, how much air could these Flying Yogis get?

About as much as a corporate jet with an inch of ice on the wings at
takeoff. They claim to be able to 'Hover' above the ground, but all
they really do is bounce a foot or so off these large gym mats they
have set up. I've seen some limited video and its about as convincing
as that flat earth bump video so generously shared by this yunlong
fellow.

nate
Old December 10th 04, 05:28 AM
bdubya

On 9 Dec 2004 08:09:35 -0800, "yunlong"
wrote (in part):

The quality of this clip is not that good, but it does show the
capability of the flat-boarding in the bumps,
http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/upperdynamic.wmv

Man, oh, man, does it EVER! Every question I had about flat-boarding
the bumps is answered to my full and complete satisfaction.

Thanks,
bw
Old December 10th 04, 03:02 PM
yunlong

wrote (in part):

The quality of this clip is not that good, but it does show
the capability of the flat-boarding in the bumps,
http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/upperdynamic.wmv

Man, oh, man, does it EVER! Every question I had about flat-boarding
the bumps is answered to my full and complete satisfaction.

Thanks,

Thanks for reading it,
IS

bw

Old December 10th 04, 09:22 PM
ant

"yunlong" wrote in message
m...

Imo, the wedge turns are the fundamental/foundation of downhill
skiing.

Yep! Teach someone to wedge properly from their first sliding day, and
they'll be paralleling easily, with no body twisting or other dead-end
moves. The wedge has them guiding the tips of their skis where they want to
go, with them balanced over their skis. As their balance improves, the skis
straighten up. I have had many people who are doing nice, relaxed parallel
turns, but they didn't even know they were in parallel. They are too busy
smiling and enjoying this struggle-free way of skiing.

The old stem was to displace one ski in order to get a turn started. I think
it can lead to too many habits, like twisting the body.
The wedge is easier.

ant

Old December 11th 04, 02:40 AM
Steve FZ1

yunlong wrote:
foot2foot wrote:
[snip]

You should check the frame before the spray began,

before the spray began... hmmmm guess that means "not on edge"... so

what
edge are you on when you're not on edge?

You haven't got the drift eh? It is called "flat-boarding," what else
can you be on [a ski] when you're not on either edge?

you haven't gotten the drift, eh? It's called an edge change. Every time
you make a transition to a new turn, at some point you have to pull the skis
off edge. If you want to make up a name for it and claim that it's all the
new fads for people that can't get off the bunny hill, then I'll just let ya
do that.... But you can't BS the real skiers in this group.

Given the appearance of spray, care to guess how fast the skier was
traveling before he broke?

not very fast

Yup, the video is on slow motion.

Slow motion or not, still pretty wimpy "spray." I answered the question you
asked.

Lack of intelligent?

hehehe... that would be "intelligence," eh Einstein? I'll show you

my
Physics degree if you show me yours.

Ok,

are you an other Physicist who cannot tell what uphill and downhill
are?

I understand exactly what the "uphill ski" and the "downhill ski" are. I
have never had a problem understanding what "uphill" and "downhill" were.
Sounds like you might have the two sets of terms confused. However, It's
been a long time since I learned to ski, and most beginners get confused
with all the uphill ski and downhill ski crap. That's all.

Old December 11th 04, 02:58 AM
foot2foot

"yunlong" wrote in message You mean
flat-boarding? Yes.
http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/ski_v_is_tcs1.avi

As I think about it, this is just about exactly like a drill I like to
use to help people to get the feel of rotation and counter
rotation. Spread the arms wide like that to get extra leverage,
get onto a very groomie smoothie slope, flatten skis and turn the
skis one way or the other by turning *only the shoulders* the
*opposite way you want the skis to go*. If you're relaxed and
disconnected at the waist, counter rotating the shoulders only,
and turning nothing else will indeed cause the skis to turn in the
desired direction.

People who don't realize what's actually going on will watch
myself and the student doing this, and think maybe you're
supposed to ski that way all the time or something. This results
in very odd progressions and imitations of the drill that people
create for themselves, so sure they've got the whole thing
right, just as they saw the student and I do. Sometimes
it really helps if you talk to the guy you're imitating.