M/L Binding? Is there a huge difference?

Old October 25th 03, 12:38 AM
John

Default M/L Binding? Is there a huge difference?

Hello again all.

First being pretty new to all this, thanks for all your usefull
feedback. Didn't realize there was so much to this sport.

Second my wife bought a board and bindings so she can join me in doing
this fun winter sport. She has size 8 Mens shoe, or Size 8 Ladys.

They sold her a LARGE RIDE LS binding. Said it was a better fit then
Med. for her boot. I use size LARGE RIDE LS Bind, and Size 10 MENS.

I put her boot in (still new myself) and it seemed fasterned down
really well. Does it make THAT big of a difference between M/L
bindings? The box says size 9-11 or something like that for MENS
Large binding. She would fall under an Med. according to Ride, but
they still gave her large.

Is this something to be concerend about or should this still be cool?

Thanks a lot.
Cheers,
John
Old October 25th 03, 01:48 AM
Tiburon27

Tough call. I also have Ride LS Large but I use size 10.5 D-23 boots. I
think her bindings wouls be a little too big.

Do the straps follow the contour of the boot nicely or are the straps almost
flattened out to keep ker boot in place?
Can her boot make alot of side to side movement in the binding when the
straps aren't on?

I'm just saying it sounds sketchy.

Old October 27th 03, 10:02 AM
Keith

"Juan Parra" wrote in message
i think the bottom line is the snugglier
the better. the better the bindings fits the boots
the more fun you're gonna have. plain simple.
that's the only math you need to know.
juani

I agree. I use size 8 (i.e. US size 9) mens' boots (although I have Salomon
Fs, which are a little smaller than other boots the same size) and my medium
Ride LS bindings fit pretty snugly. I'd say large might be a bit big for a
ladies' size 8.

Keith

Old October 27th 03, 01:48 PM
Snowboardripper

I have a set of Burton Mission bindings and have size 9 1/2 and use a
large binding. I find the straps are better placed on my boot. Also
there boot fits completely on the binding without using the gas
peddle. I with the medium I had to extend the gas peddle and this
forced my toes up too much.

There is no set rule. If it works use it. Do not worry about what
other people say, once you buy something and you keep looking back you
will never have confidence in the item and will want to change it.
Old October 27th 03, 06:04 PM
John

I have a set of Burton Mission bindings and have size 9 1/2 and use a
large binding. I find the straps are better placed on my boot. Also
there boot fits completely on the binding without using the gas
peddle. I with the medium I had to extend the gas peddle and this
forced my toes up too much.

There is no set rule. If it works use it. Do not worry about what
other people say, once you buy something and you keep looking back you
will never have confidence in the item and will want to change it.

Thanks for the advice guys. Being as the boot looks to be a good fit,
and the binding straps hold the boot down to the point I can't move
the boot at all when trying to, it must be all good.

We just gota kick back and wait till the snow now. Hopefully early
dec if lucky. In ont anyhow.

cheers,
john

Binding Question Wes Gardner General 0 February 22nd 04 01:45 PM
Binding screw glue Bill General 0 November 17th 03 09:10 PM
difference between hard and soft boots Brendon Snowboarding 11 September 17th 03 08:27 AM
M or L binding size? Mike T Snowboarding 1 August 26th 03 04:45 PM