HotWax Need some clarification

Old October 28th 03, 08:11 PM
John

Default HotWax Need some clarification

Hey there, im new and bought last seasons K2 spitfire board. Decided
that being its been sitting in a shop id give it a hotwax. I have
read tons of info on this board and found many websites.

Ok I have an iron (old one sitting around) but it is the kind you put
water into and has steam holes in the bottom. I don't care to use the
iron on clothing anymore, but many sites say not to use the ones with
the holes. Is that simply because wax gets into it and wrecks it for
ironing clothing or what?

Should I be fine to use this iron and what sweeting on this type of
iron should I use? Ie. one to do cotton, blha blah. Do I run a risk
(big small) us wrecking my board doing this?

Thanks
John
Old October 28th 03, 09:51 PM
Sean Martin

There's no problem with using the steam iron. Just don't put any water in
it while you're waxing. You want to use the lowest setting you can. The
iron shouldn't smoke, but should melt the wax.

--
Sean Martin
Donek Snowboards Inc.

http://www.donek.com/
phone:877-53-DONEK

om...

Old October 29th 03, 12:49 AM
CP

agreed. been using one of those for years - no problem. sometimes the wax
gets into the holes and can start to smoke, especially if you tip it on it's
bottom when you're not using it, but it's still on. i find it's best to get
the right temp and don't touch it. just pull the plug out from the wall so
you don't have to try to find the right setting again.

"Sean Martin" wrote in message
et...
There's no problem with using the steam iron. Just don't put any water in
it while you're waxing. You want to use the lowest setting you can. The
iron shouldn't smoke, but should melt the wax.

--
Sean Martin
Donek Snowboards Inc.

http://www.donek.com/
phone:877-53-DONEK

om...

Old October 29th 03, 01:45 PM
Snowboardripper

When you touch the wax to the iron it should just melt and not smoke.
If it smokes turn it down. Also you do not need alot of wax. Most
newbies end up putting way to much wax on. You should not have to
scape to much.