what's in your closet? (was:Wax whining...Learn to love the bomb)

Old March 10th 04, 03:27 PM
Chris Cline

Default what's in your closet? (was:Wax whining...Learn to love the bomb)

--0-698555264-1078932329=:13074

Yeah, but-
it depends on how you proceed with this acquisition. If you just decide you're in love with
this sport so much that you gotta have it all NOW, then, you're right-- it's going to cost
you big time. But, for me, anyway, it's been a process of acquisition: 13 years to acqui
6 pr skis (2pr classic, 2pr skate, 1 pr unmounted classic [too soft], 1 pr short metal-edge
skis mounted with Pilot bindings [for things like the Wasatch Overland and one-day
winter ascents of remote peaks, silly stuff like that]
3 pr boots (1 pr skate, 1 pr classic, 1 pr "old skate boots" for roller skiing [soon to be
augmented with another pair of classic boots, relegating the old boots to roller skiing]
2 pr roller skis (1 pr classic, 1 pr skate)
4 pr poles (2 ea skate & classic, 1each for snow & asphalt)

And, drifting even further out on this thread, I'll be considerate and not torture anyone with
what's in my wax box (as if I even knew!)
'- )

Chris

Jeff Potter wrote:
PS: But really wax is the just the tip of the cash outlay iceberg, but it
is the fun part.

If you're really going to admit this sport has got ya, you'll need to drop
a couple grand for the 2 sets of skating and classic skis (4 pairs---soft
and firm) and the grinds...and the two sets of rollerskis. Ya gotta just
belly up to the bar and nip the whining in the bud. OK, I've gotten by with
2 prs of skis for years but it's not really being in the game.

--

Jeff Potter
****

Yahoo! Search - Find what youre looking for faster.
--0-698555264-1078932329=:13074

DIVYeah, but-/DIV
DIVit depends on how you proceed with this acquisition.  If you just decide you're in love with/DIV
DIVthis sport so much that you gotta have it all NOW, then, you're right-- it's going to cost /DIV
DIVyou big time.  But, for me, anyway, it's been a process of acquisition:  13 years to acqui /DIV
DIV6 pr skis (2pr classic, 2pr skate, 1 pr unmounted classic [too soft], 1 pr short metal-edge /DIV
DIVskis mounted with Pilot bindings [for things like the Wasatch Overland and one-day /DIV
DIVwinter ascents of remote peaks, silly stuff like that]/DIV
DIV3 pr boots (1 pr skate, 1 pr classic, 1 pr "old skate boots" for roller skiing [soon to be /DIV
DIVaugmented with another pair of classic boots, relegating the old boots to roller skiing]/DIV
DIV2 pr roller skis (1 pr classic, 1 pr skate)/DIV
DIV4 pr poles (2 ea skate & classic, 1each for snow & asphalt)/DIV
DIV /DIV
DIVAnd, drifting even further out on this thread, I'll be considerate and not torture anyone with /DIV
DIVwhat's in my wax box (as if I even knew!)/DIV
DIV'- )/DIV
DIV /DIV
DIVChrisBRBRBIJeff Potter >/I/B wrote:/DIV
BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"PS: But really wax is the just the tip of the cash outlay iceberg, but itBRis the fun part.BRBRIf you're really going to admit this sport has got ya, you'll need to dropBRa couple grand for the 2 sets of skating and classic skis (4 pairs---softBRand firm) and the grinds...and the two sets of rollerskis. Ya gotta justBRbelly up to the bar and nip the whining in the bud. OK, I've gotten by withBR2 prs of skis for years but it's not really being in the game.BRBR--BRBRJeff PotterBR****BR*Out Your Backdoor * http://www.outyourbackdoor.comBRpublisher of do-it-yourself culture ... bikes, skis, boats & more! ...BR... offering Vordenberg's XC ski tales in "Momentum"! ...BR... "The Recumbent Bicycle": the only book about these bikes! ...BR... Rudloe's "Potluck": true-life story of workingclass smuggling! ...BR... with radical novels coming up via
LiteraryRevolution.com! ...BR... music! ... articles! ... travel forums! ... WOW! 800-763-6923BRBRBRBRBRBR/BLOCKQUOTEphr SIZE=1
Do you Yahoo!?br
Yahoo! Search - a href="http://search.yahoo.com/?fr=ad-mailsig-home"Find what youre looking for faster./a
--0-698555264-1078932329=:13074--