First mountain skiiing

Old September 8th 04, 04:54 PM
crdjm

Default First mountain skiiing

This will be my daughters third ski season and we'd like to take a trip to a
'real' mountain. We live in MN and while Lutsen is ok, I'd like to give her
a taste for a larger resort.

We're looking for somethng with mainly blue level runs, although she has
been down the odd black.

I've skied at Vail and Tahoe, but don't know much about other N.American
resorts, so any advice on where to go would be great. We're looking
mid-January for a long weekend; that an ok time?

Thanks,
David.

Old September 9th 04, 05:15 PM
Clint

Why don't you try Banff in Alberta Canada. It's not too far and there's
lots of nice intermediate runs there. Plus your US dollars will go further
with the exchange rates.

Clint

Free Spirit Gallery
http://www.FreeSpiritGallery.ca
Exquisite Inuit (Eskimo) & Native American Art

Old September 10th 04, 04:28 AM
Norm

"Clint" wrote in message
Why don't you try Banff in Alberta Canada. It's not too far and there's
lots of nice intermediate runs there. Plus your US dollars will go

further
with the exchange rates.

Well, maybe. Banff can be almost as expensive as Whistler. You would still
benefit from the exchange but not quite as much as if you went to one of the
BC interior resorts where prices are more reasonable, and way less crowds.

http://www.sunpeaksresort.com
http://www.silverstarmtn.com
http://www.bigwhite.com/
http://www.ski-red.com/site/index.php
http://www.skifernie.com/snowreport/index.asp

Old September 10th 04, 05:10 AM
Terry Morse

Norm wrote:

Banff can be almost as expensive as Whistler. You would still
benefit from the exchange but not quite as much as if you went to one of the
BC interior resorts where prices are more reasonable, and way less crowds.

http://www.sunpeaksresort.com
http://www.silverstarmtn.com
http://www.bigwhite.com/
http://www.ski-red.com/site/index.php
http://www.skifernie.com/snowreport/index.asp

Also:

http://www.kickinghorseresort.com/

Haven't been there yet, but I'd like to go.
--
terry morse Palo Alto, CA http://ski.terrymorse.com/
Old September 10th 04, 04:10 PM
Norm

"Terry Morse" wrote in message
Norm wrote:

Banff can be almost as expensive as Whistler. You would still
benefit from the exchange but not quite as much as if you went to one of

the
BC interior resorts where prices are more reasonable, and way less

crowds.

http://www.sunpeaksresort.com
http://www.silverstarmtn.com
http://www.bigwhite.com/
http://www.ski-red.com/site/index.php
http://www.skifernie.com/snowreport/index.asp

Also:

http://www.kickinghorseresort.com/

Haven't been there yet, but I'd like to go.
--

Did a day there last year. Incredible. Well worth the trip. But the OP was
wanting to take his daughter to a bigger resort. Kickinghorse is certainly

Old September 18th 04, 12:44 PM
Dave W

I would suggest Grand Targhee - my kids love it and Jackson hole is also
nearby - that is a real mountain if there ever was one -

Old November 7th 04, 07:03 PM
- -

Hello,
My name is Cyndee. I live in NE Pa. I've worked at a ski resort, called
JackFrostBigBoulder.com . There is another ski resort not too much
further from here called BlueMountain.com . By giving you this
information, I hope that I was able to give you alittle of the Poconos.
If I can help you further, please email me at...........

Hope to see you on the slopes!
Sincerely,
Cyndee P.