Whistler lift tickets

Old January 29th 05, 12:19 PM
Janice

Default Whistler lift tickets

Can anyone tell me the window ticket price for 6 days at the beginning of
April. Is there anywhere I can buy discounted tickets - I'm in the UK.

Thanks

Janice

Old January 30th 05, 01:29 AM
Rei

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/tic...kets/index.htm

I bet you can find discounted tickets at grocery stores in Vancouver if you
are flying in there.
ie: this Safeway 1650 Marine Drive, West Vancouver (604) 922-6131
http://www.westvancouver.com/community/food/index.php

see google.com for more...Rei.

Old January 30th 05, 04:01 PM
Steve Haigh

Janice wrote:

Can anyone tell me the window ticket price for 6 days at the beginning of
April. Is there anywhere I can buy discounted tickets - I'm in the UK.

You can get discounted tickets at the 7-11 shop in Squamish. It's about
1/2 way from Vancouver to Whistler, you can't miss it. That's the
closest place to Whistler where you can buy discounted tickets (there's
a 7-11 in Whistler but they don't sell tickets). Strictly speaking you
need to be a resident of Washington State or BC to get the discounted
tickets, but I've never heard of them checking.
Old January 31st 05, 12:10 AM
AH

Steve Haigh wrote:
Janice wrote:

Can anyone tell me the window ticket price for 6 days at the
beginning of April. Is there anywhere I can buy discounted tickets -
I'm in the UK.

You can get discounted tickets at the 7-11 shop in Squamish. It's
about 1/2 way from Vancouver to Whistler, you can't miss it. That's
the closest place to Whistler where you can buy discounted tickets
(there's a 7-11 in Whistler but they don't sell tickets). Strictly
speaking you need to be a resident of Washington State or BC to get
the discounted tickets, but I've never heard of them checking.

With a British accent, I don't think they'll have to ask for ID

Old January 31st 05, 06:00 AM
Norm

"AH" wrote in message
Steve Haigh wrote:
Janice wrote:

Can anyone tell me the window ticket price for 6 days at the
beginning of April. Is there anywhere I can buy discounted tickets -
I'm in the UK.

You can get discounted tickets at the 7-11 shop in Squamish. It's
about 1/2 way from Vancouver to Whistler, you can't miss it. That's
the closest place to Whistler where you can buy discounted tickets
(there's a 7-11 in Whistler but they don't sell tickets). Strictly
speaking you need to be a resident of Washington State or BC to get
the discounted tickets, but I've never heard of them checking.

With a British accent, I don't think they'll have to ask for ID

No, of course not. They will just naturally assume you are from Victoria.
(Vancouver Island)

Old January 31st 05, 05:26 PM
Walt

Janice wrote:

Can anyone tell me the window ticket price for 6 days at the beginning of
April. Is there anywhere I can buy discounted tickets - I'm in the UK.

When I was there two seasons ago I bought a multi-day ticket at a kiosk
in the airport. It was the same deal being offered by our lodging -
IIRC about 20 percent off the tecike window price.

There might have been better deals around, but I didn't find them. In
any case, don't wait until you're standing at the ticket window in your
skis to get your tickets.

--
//-Walt
//
Old January 31st 05, 05:35 PM
Janice

"AH" wrote in message
Steve Haigh wrote:
Janice wrote:

Can anyone tell me the window ticket price for 6 days at the
beginning of April. Is there anywhere I can buy discounted tickets -
I'm in the UK.

You can get discounted tickets at the 7-11 shop in Squamish. It's
about 1/2 way from Vancouver to Whistler, you can't miss it. That's
the closest place to Whistler where you can buy discounted tickets
(there's a 7-11 in Whistler but they don't sell tickets). Strictly
speaking you need to be a resident of Washington State or BC to get
the discounted tickets, but I've never heard of them checking.

With a British accent, I don't think they'll have to ask for ID

Yes I think this might be a slight problem :-)

Old January 31st 05, 05:37 PM
Janice

Thanks for the info. It seems to point to only being able to order from the
official site if I'm booking accommodation at the same time.

Unfortunately our transfer probably won't allow any stops en-route.

Janice

Old January 31st 05, 05:39 PM
Janice

"Steve Haigh" wrote in message
Janice wrote:

Can anyone tell me the window ticket price for 6 days at the beginning

of
April. Is there anywhere I can buy discounted tickets - I'm in the UK.

You can get discounted tickets at the 7-11 shop in Squamish. It's about
1/2 way from Vancouver to Whistler, you can't miss it. That's the
closest place to Whistler where you can buy discounted tickets (there's
a 7-11 in Whistler but they don't sell tickets). Strictly speaking you
need to be a resident of Washington State or BC to get the discounted
tickets, but I've never heard of them checking.

Thanks but as it's an organised transfer I don't think we'll have the
opportunity of stopping off.

Any online sites that will sell them discounted without accommodation?

Old January 31st 05, 05:41 PM
Janice

"Walt" wrote in message
Janice wrote:

Can anyone tell me the window ticket price for 6 days at the beginning

of
April. Is there anywhere I can buy discounted tickets - I'm in the UK.

When I was there two seasons ago I bought a multi-day ticket at a kiosk
in the airport. It was the same deal being offered by our lodging -
IIRC about 20 percent off the tecike window price.

There might have been better deals around, but I didn't find them. In
any case, don't wait until you're standing at the ticket window in your
skis to get your tickets.

--
//-Walt
//
// There is no Völkl Conspiracy

Thanks - I might try to do that if there's time before the transfer to
Whistler.

Janice