Sauze D'Oulx not looking good

Old January 14th 05, 12:51 PM
Sideshow

Default Sauze D'Oulx not looking good

I've found out that it hasn't snowed since boxing day in Sauze D'Oulx,
Is anyone out there / just come back and could give me an honest opinon on
whether i should go or not. (leaving 22nd)
I would rather loose £100 in flights than go out there and spend another
£500 for crap skiing.

D.

Old January 14th 05, 02:09 PM
Greg Hilton

"Sideshow" wrote in
:

I've found out that it hasn't snowed since boxing day in Sauze D'Oulx,
Is anyone out there / just come back and could give me an honest
opinon on whether i should go or not. (leaving 22nd)
I would rather loose £100 in flights than go out there and spend
another £500 for crap skiing.

Surely a bads skiing is better than a good days work?

the SCGB rep report says "Some parts are stony near the bottom of Sauze,
more snow would be nice. Some good pistes to be found travelling around the
Milky Way. "

Cheers,

greg

Old January 14th 05, 03:53 PM
Nick Hounsome

"Sideshow" wrote in message
I've found out that it hasn't snowed since boxing day in Sauze D'Oulx,
Is anyone out there / just come back and could give me an honest opinon on
whether i should go or not. (leaving 22nd)
I would rather loose £100 in flights than go out there and spend another
£500 for crap skiing.

It's not looking good - see http://www.vialattea.it/it/impianti_aperti.html
Having said that I was panicing before my trip to flaine on 27/12 - The web
cams showed it looking like a complete disaster with 3 pistes open and brown
mountainsides and then on the thursday before we flew it snowed and
everything went white and by the end of the week most was open.
It hasn't snowed much anywhere in europe since about boxing day but one good
dump can make it OK. Personally I am going to Selva since the area appears
to be 100% open even though it has no more snow than anywhere else -
presumably the terrain makes the difference.

Old January 14th 05, 03:56 PM
cupra

Nick Hounsome wrote:
"Sideshow" wrote in message
[...]

Was in Selva over Xmas - although the dump helped, the reps were saying that
the snowmaking was very effective over the preceeding weeks, and there was a
lot of good piste skiing to be had before the 'thaw' of the last week or so.

Old January 14th 05, 09:55 PM
Sideshow

"Sideshow" wrote in message
I've found out that it hasn't snowed since boxing day in Sauze D'Oulx,
Is anyone out there / just come back and could give me an honest opinon on
whether i should go or not. (leaving 22nd)
I would rather loose £100 in flights than go out there and spend another
£500 for crap skiing.

D.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=5022

Hopefully will snow on weds

Old January 17th 05, 05:12 PM
MarkyMark

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:51:09 GMT, "Sideshow"
wrote:

I've found out that it hasn't snowed since boxing day in Sauze D'Oulx,
Is anyone out there / just come back and could give me an honest opinon on
whether i should go or not. (leaving 22nd)
I would rather loose £100 in flights than go out there and spend another
£500 for crap skiing.

D.

Hi ,
Just got back from a week at Sauze D'Oulx yesterday sun 16th of Jan
and conditions are deteriating was not that bad when we arrived but
was sunny all week with no sign of any new snow at the moment,sunny
every day.14 out of 21 lifts were open and the surface was hard packed
and icy with a lot of stoney patchy pistes .The link to Sestriere is
open however and its far far better over there and id say still worth
a trip at the moment .

Regards Mark

(FIX to reply)