Seattle area - Maybe we'll have a season this year

Old November 1st 05, 08:24 PM
Bob

Default Seattle area - Maybe we'll have a season this year

After the disaster last year, things are starting to look
good.

http://www.stevenspass.com/webcam/

Bob

Old November 1st 05, 10:46 PM
JacK

Snow everywhere! Baker is planning to open on the 8th and even Crystal
says they will open Friday (though I'd stay clear of that rock-shop
until they get truly enough snow).

Either way, if all this holds true this will be the earliest openings
since 1996/97 season. Snow levels are said to be heading down through
Friday and storms are expected to continue....

Old November 2nd 05, 12:14 AM
thr33niL thr33niL is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob
After the disaster last year, things are starting to look
good.

http://www.stevenspass.com/webcam/

Bob
Im right there with ya Bob. I almost cried when I saw all white on the webcams (White, Snoqualmie, Hood, etc.).

Now all we need is some consistantly cold weather and its gravy. Last year was completely rediculous. It would dump snow.. then the temps would hit 45-50 and rain for a couple of days (goodbye snow).

I was a die hard though. I still went as much as I could and totally destroyed one of my snowboards bouncing off all the rocks/trees. This year will be a good one! I can feel it!
Old November 2nd 05, 05:01 AM
Bob

"thr33niL" wrote in message

Bob Wrote:
After the disaster last year, things are starting to

look
good.

http://www.stevenspass.com/webcam/

Bob

Im right there with ya Bob. I almost cried when I saw all

white on the
webcams (White, Snoqualmie, Hood, etc.).

Now all we need is some consistantly cold weather and its

gravy. Last
year was completely rediculous. It would dump snow.. then

the temps
would hit 45-50 and rain for a couple of days (goodbye

snow).

I was a die hard though. I still went as much as I could

and totally
destroyed one of my snowboards bouncing off all the

rocks/trees. This
year will be a good one! I can feel it!

I never used my good board last year. I sure am hoping for
better this year.

However, I was totally amazed by how well the groomers did
at stevens, with what they had to work.

Bob

Old November 2nd 05, 07:32 PM
G.Kirkwood

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 13:24:27 -0800, "Bob"
wrote:

After the disaster last year, things are starting to look
good.

http://www.stevenspass.com/webcam/

Bob

Right now, it looks good. I think both Baker and Crystal will be fine
after the weekend, as we may get a couple of feet between now and
then. Might be awhile before Lowquality Pass is in shape though. I
have boards from last year I haven't even ridden yet, I'm stoked!

Old November 3rd 05, 02:19 AM
roxbury

how is the snowboarding up there? i live in vancouver, WA and was
thinking of heading up that way to try it out this coming season,
usually i only make it to mt hood. is it worth a 3-4hr drive?

Old November 3rd 05, 02:20 AM
thr33niL thr33niL is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Kirkwood
wrote:

After the disaster last year, things are starting to look
good.

http://www.stevenspass.com/webcam/

Bob

Right now, it looks good. I think both Baker and Crystal will be fine
after the weekend, as we may get a couple of feet between now and
then. Might be awhile before Lowquality Pass is in shape though. I
have boards from last year I haven't even ridden yet, I'm stoked!
You guys seem to have the west side covered pretty well.

I am more of an east and south guy. But it seems White Pass and Mt. Hood are getting some decent coverage as well. They won't open as soon as Baker and Crystal Mt. but I ain't complaining if the stuff sticks.
Old November 6th 05, 05:52 PM
thr33niL thr33niL is offline
Junior Member

Anyone go to Crystal Mt. this weekend? My brother went and said it was VERY nice. Me being the stupid one, stayed behind and went to a Ski Swap. I figured on picking up a few things and passing on opening weekend. Well the "SKI" swap was just that... had 80% skiing equipment and most all of the snowboards, etc were generic and dinky/junior crap.

Guess I made the wrong choice.