Looking for experiences with Asolo Telebreeze-Synerjection telemarkboot

Old December 29th 04, 01:09 PM
Florian Anwander

Default Looking for experiences with Asolo Telebreeze-Synerjection telemarkboot

Hi,

is there someone who knows the Asolo telemark boot
"Telebreeze-Synerjection". I am especially interested in opinions about
the toepiece mechanism.
The pictures are from an auction in german ebay:
http://image.auctionweb.info/lister/...127e4e6a23.jpg
http://image.auctionweb.info/lister/...cad342c0a2.jpg

Florian

Old December 30th 04, 09:50 AM
Peter Clinch

Florian Anwander wrote:

is there someone who knows the Asolo telemark boot
"Telebreeze-Synerjection".

A pal of mine had a pair. Verdict from him was they were okay on a
piste but pretty hopeless for any sort of touring with nowhere near
enough flex. And if you're limiting yourself to a piste you might as
well get more recent boots that are higher and stiffer and give more
control like T1s, CX-Rs, Squadras etc. He abandoned them in favour of a
pair of original T3s (about equivalent to the current T4) for everything
he'd use plastics for, piste included.

They were originally released a few years back alongside the other
post-Terminator plastics (i.e., against Scarpa's original T2) and didn't
sell well. Last pair I saw were /heavily/ discounted (i.e., "we are
just trying to get rid of these as they are taking up space" sort of
price) in the Bargain Bin at Braemar for a /loooooong/ time. I think
there's a reason they didn't sell well and Asolo got out of the plastic
telemark boot game...

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old December 30th 04, 03:19 PM
Florian Anwander

Hi Peter

Thanks for your response!
A pal of mine had a pair. Verdict from him was they were okay on a
piste but pretty hopeless for any sort of touring with nowhere near
enough flex.

Then I am wondering what the hinge at the toepiece is for? I thought
this would make them _more_ flexible!

Ok, It would not be a matter for me, since I have the silvretta touring
adaptor. But nevertheless it looks like that I should go for a new
plastic boot (I hate to ruin my bank account...).

Florian

Old December 30th 04, 03:34 PM
Peter Clinch

Florian Anwander wrote:

Then I am wondering what the hinge at the toepiece is for? I thought
this would make them _more_ flexible!

More flexible than what, though? ;-/ The bellows and flex on everything
else appears to be just a Better Way Of Doing It overall, at least with
designs/materials tried so far.

Ok, It would not be a matter for me, since I have the silvretta touring
adaptor.
But nevertheless it looks like that I should go for a new
plastic boot (I hate to ruin my bank account...).

Or if not a new one, at least a second hand one that was well regarded.
A pal still happily uses original T2s alongside Excursions, Garas and
Squadras, I still don't see any particular need to replace my Mk 2 T2s
or Mk 1 T3s. The "improvements" to these are largely just making them
chunkier, which isn't necessarily a Clear Win.

Pete.

Old January 3rd 05, 09:20 AM
Florian Anwander

Hi Peter

Squadras, I still don't see any particular need to replace my Mk 2 T2s

The same would be for me, but my Crispi CX1 is definitely worn out and
the toepiece has a crack on the side. So the shoe is ok for the targa 3G
still, but I don't trust it any longer in the wireless 3Pin.

Florian

Old January 3rd 05, 02:49 PM
Booker C. Bense

Old January 5th 05, 08:51 AM
Peter Clinch

Florian Anwander wrote:

The same would be for me, but my Crispi CX1 is definitely worn out and
the toepiece has a crack on the side. So the shoe is ok for the targa 3G
still, but I don't trust it any longer in the wireless 3Pin.

I only use a 3 pin for "classic" nordic touring, and wouldn't want to
use anything bigger than CX-T/Excursions/T4s (or earlier equivalents) of
plastics for that. OTOH these aren't exactly the greatest for edging
hardpack down a steep slope, so you choose, you lose! ;-/

Pete.

Old January 11th 05, 08:22 PM
Uli Hausmann

Florian Anwander schrieb:

Hi Peter

Squadras, I still don't see any particular need to replace my Mk 2 T2s

The same would be for me, but my Crispi CX1 is definitely worn out and
the toepiece has a crack on the side. So the shoe is ok for the targa 3G
still, but I don't trust it any longer in the wireless 3Pin.

Hi Florian,

look he it might be an excellent idea (and economical as well).

http://www.andrewshoes.com/db_img/pr...7240358572.jpg

As i remember the price in direct marketing would be less than 200 E ...

Greetings,

Uli

PS. I got from them 2 pairs of excellent boots and could make for you
the contact - italian only ..