Straps/things to hold skis together

Old February 2nd 04, 02:32 AM
Hal Murray

Default Straps/things to hold skis together

What are people using?

I have a motley collection. None very good.

The only ones I've seen that I like were called something like
Racer Spacers. They were a plastic rod that went between the
skis, and a rubber strap. The strap had three holes, one in the middle
and the others near the ends, but far enough back so the end left sticking
out was a good handle. You put the middle hole over one end of the rod.
There was a bump on the end of the rod so it wouldn't fall off.
Then you put the rod between the skis, and stretched one end of the
strap around one ski and put the hole over the far end of the rod.
Repeat with other end of the strap and other ski.

Anybody seen anything like that recently? A friend back east
got several for me many years ago. I think they went out of
business.

--
The suespammers.org mail server is located in California. So are all my
other mailboxes. Please do not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited

Old February 2nd 04, 03:23 PM
Chris Webster

Hal Murray wrote:
What are people using?

http://tognar.com/waxtools.html#TOG-TI
Old February 3rd 04, 12:37 AM
lal_truckee

Chris Webster wrote:

Hal Murray wrote:

What are people using?

http://tognar.com/waxtools.html#TOG-TI

Some shops have the same thing, but made with the shop's name and sold
as loss leaders, for the advertising. These things are all over the
place in different forms.
Old February 3rd 04, 05:43 AM
Hal Murray

http://tognar.com/waxtools.html#TOG-TI

Some shops have the same thing, but made with the shop's name and sold
as loss leaders, for the advertising. These things are all over the
place in different forms.

I've got one of those velcro straps with a house brand from Canada.

The problem with velcroe is that is doesn't have the right sort of
spring to hold it in place. The one on the bottom tends to fall off.

Maybe I just don't know how to use it correctly.

Old February 3rd 04, 01:28 PM

Old February 4th 04, 02:51 AM
lal_truckee

Hal Murray wrote:
http://tognar.com/waxtools.html#TOG-TI

Some shops have the same thing, but made with the shop's name and sold
as loss leaders, for the advertising. These things are all over the
place in different forms.

I've got one of those velcro straps with a house brand from Canada.

The problem with velcroe is that is doesn't have the right sort of
spring to hold it in place. The one on the bottom tends to fall off.

Maybe I just don't know how to use it correctly.

They should be tight. Between starting tight, that the skis widen at
shovel and tail due to sidecut, and that camber will push against the
velcro ties, they shouldn't be able to fall off. Maybe you put them too
close to tip and tail AND too loosely?

I've never needed anything higher tech.
Old February 4th 04, 08:27 PM
Bob Burns

Hal Murray wrote:
http://tognar.com/waxtools.html#TOG-TI

Some shops have the same thing, but made with the shop's name and
sold as loss leaders, for the advertising. These things are all over
the place in different forms.

I've got one of those velcro straps with a house brand from Canada.

The problem with velcroe is that is doesn't have the right sort of
spring to hold it in place. The one on the bottom tends to fall off.

Maybe I just don't know how to use it correctly.

I just put one on the tips and then slide it down while compressing the
camber. I've never seen the need for two.

--
Bob Burns
Mill Hall PA

Old February 4th 04, 08:56 PM
Chris Webster

I just put one on the tips and then slide it down while compressing the
camber. I've never seen the need for two.

Because the wax gets rubbed off where ever the skis touch. Not
important for short jaunts to the local hill, but flying, long drives,
etc....

--Chris