Val D'Isere Opening weekend pics and short review

Old December 2nd 03, 01:47 PM
Greg Hilton

Default Val D'Isere Opening weekend pics and short review

very short of time, but quickly.

Arrived Friday, rain/snow all the way up from Geneva virtually. Loads of
snow in resort and still snowing.

Woke Saturday to blue skies, 1st lift up from Solaise, straight over
into Fornet and freshies all morning. check the piccies (hope this works
- can someone let me know if they can see the pics)

http://community.webshots.com/album/102843534QQtuAl
http://community.webshots.com/album/102824417qDewYW

Sunday was overcast and much warmer, 0 at 2300, hence the snow was
heavier. Went out with Alpine Experience, did some technique and a
little off piste which was ok.

Monday was very windy and warm. Dumping snow on Grand Motte, but very
little in Val D'Isere. 3 degrees in Val when we left.

regards,

greg
Old December 2nd 03, 02:36 PM
Steve Haigh

Greg Hilton wrote:

Woke Saturday to blue skies, 1st lift up from Solaise, straight over
into Fornet and freshies all morning. check the piccies (hope this works
- can someone let me know if they can see the pics)

Yep, they seem to show up fine. Looked like a great day out. Nice face
plant on one of them!

Old December 2nd 03, 08:45 PM
Arno FR

Great Photos!!!!!!!
It was a so beautiful day!!!

--
Arnaud
LeWebAlpin

Old December 3rd 03, 02:52 PM
Greg Hilton

Yep, they seem to show up fine. Looked like a great day out. Nice face
plant on one of them!

That of course, wasn't me

Greg

Old December 3rd 03, 03:02 PM
MoonMan

Greg Hilton wrote:
Yep, they seem to show up fine. Looked like a great day out. Nice
face plant on one of them!

That of course, wasn't me

Greg

I always advise carrying the camara, you get pictures of other peoples face
plants, and when you do one you only get a camera shaped bruise

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old December 3rd 03, 03:18 PM
Greg Hilton

I always advise carrying the camara, you get pictures of other peoples
face plants, and when you do one you only get a camera shaped bruise

but then you don't get any good shots of you skiing! on this trip all 3 of
us had digital cameras.

Old December 4th 03, 10:16 AM
Roger

Greg Hilton wrote in message ...
very short of time, but quickly.

Arrived Friday, rain/snow all the way up from Geneva virtually. Loads of
snow in resort and still snowing.

Woke Saturday to blue skies, 1st lift up from Solaise, straight over
into Fornet and freshies all morning. check the piccies (hope this works
- can someone let me know if they can see the pics)

http://community.webshots.com/album/102843534QQtuAl
http://community.webshots.com/album/102824417qDewYW

Why's there a pic of someone taking a wiz on a fence!??
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...02979672jYjnwU
Old December 4th 03, 10:18 AM
David Off

"PG" wrote in message ...
"Greg Hilton" wrote in message
| very short of time, but quickly.
|
| Arrived Friday, rain/snow all the way up from Geneva virtually.
Loads of
| snow in resort and still snowing.
|
| Woke Saturday to blue skies, 1st lift up from Solaise, straight
over
| into Fornet and freshies all morning. check the piccies (hope
this works
| - can someone let me know if they can see the pics)
|
| http://community.webshots.com/album/102843534QQtuAl
| http://community.webshots.com/album/102824417qDewYW
|
| Sunday was overcast and much warmer, 0 at 2300, hence the snow
was
| heavier. Went out with Alpine Experience, did some technique
and a
| little off piste which was ok.
|
| Monday was very windy and warm. Dumping snow on Grand Motte,
but very
| little in Val D'Isere. 3 degrees in Val when we left.

You timed it well - even warmer and windier Tuesday, the club
didn't even bother to go up to train. Over the past few days you
could almost watch the snowline retreating back up above 2000m.

If you check out Meteo France's weather stations you, too, can watch
the snow melt :-(

http://www.meteo.fr/temps/france/nivose/pics/SAISIS.gif
Old December 4th 03, 11:14 AM
PG

"David Off" wrote in message
om...
| "PG" wrote in message
| "Greg Hilton" wrote in message

| |
| | Monday was very windy and warm. Dumping snow on Grand
Motte,
| but very
| | little in Val D'Isere. 3 degrees in Val when we left.
| |

| You timed it well - even warmer and windier Tuesday, the club
| didn't even bother to go up to train. Over the past few days
you
| could almost watch the snowline retreating back up above
2000m.

| If you check out Meteo France's weather stations you, too, can
watch
| the snow melt :-(

Incredible warm gales roaring up the Tarentaise since the
beginning of the week, and hardly a drop of moisture. Getting
worried about your trip to Val in the New Year, yet ?!

Pete

Old December 4th 03, 12:02 PM
Greg Hilton

"PG" wrote in news:bqn8fj$248sh9$1@ID-
146837.news.uni-berlin.de:

Getting
worried about your trip to Val in the New Year, yet ?!

alpine experience website says 1m of fresh fell in fornet yesterday!