The season has begun!

Old October 31st 08, 07:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ian[_2_]

Default The season has begun!

The 08/09 season has begun - in Scotland at least. There are a few
pictures from the Lecht here...

http://www.winterhighland.info/2006/...php?pix_id=488

Cairngorm is opening a few runs tomorrow.

Probably best not to take your shiny new planks.

Ian
Old November 1st 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher[_3_]

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 19:02:41 +0000, Ian
wrote:

The 08/09 season has begun - in Scotland at least. There are a few
pictures from the Lecht here...

http://www.winterhighland.info/2006/...php?pix_id=488

Cairngorm is opening a few runs tomorrow.

Probably best not to take your shiny new planks.

I really wish that Scotland wasn't such a long drive away.

--
-Pip
Old November 2nd 08, 09:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
pg

"Pip Luscher" a écrit dans le message de news:
| On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 19:02:41 +0000, Ian
| wrote:
|

| The 08/09 season has begun - in Scotland at least. There are a few
| pictures from the Lecht here...

http://www.winterhighland.info/2006/...php?pix_id=488

| Cairngorm is opening a few runs tomorrow.
|
| Probably best not to take your shiny new planks.
|
| I really wish that Scotland wasn't such a long drive away.

Just got an snow report email from Tignes claiming 155 cms on top, and five
minutes later from Val saying 0 cms. A few days back one from Puy St Vincent
saying they were opening a few runs with 55 cms. I'm a bit far away to check
right now (about 6,000 miles in fact), but anyone know what the actual situation
is in the French Alps?

If there have been some decent early snow, I hope they fell on well-frozen
ground unlike last year ... otherwise even if the cover lasts, it'll vanish in
no time towards the end of the season.

Pete
http://frogblog-thaidings.blogspot.com/

Old November 3rd 08, 10:59 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Matt T

On 2 Nov, 09:52, "pg" wrote:
"Pip Luscher" a écrit dans le message de news:
| On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 19:02:41 +0000, Ian| wrote:

| The 08/09 season has begun - in Scotland at least. *There are a few
| pictures from the Lecht here...
|
| http://www.winterhighland.info/2006/...php?pix_id=488
|
| Cairngorm is opening a few runs tomorrow.
|
| Probably best not to take your shiny new planks.
|
| I really wish that Scotland wasn't such a long drive away.

Just got an snow report email from Tignes claiming 155 cms on top, and five
minutes later from Val saying 0 cms. A few days back one from Puy St Vincent
saying they were opening a few runs with 55 cms. I'm a bit far away to check
right now (about 6,000 miles in fact), but anyone know what the actual situation
is in the French Alps?

If there have been some decent early snow, I hope they fell on well-frozen
ground unlike last year ... otherwise even if the cover lasts, it'll vanish in
no time towards the end of the season.

Petehttp://frogblog-thaidings.blogspot.com/

155cm sounds a little hopefull - I'll believe 55cm though - my friend
sent me photos from the glacier last week and it looked like much fun
was being had in the powder. I'm out there in 4 weeks, so we'll see
what gives...

--
Matt Thomas - www.tignes-lavachet.co.uk
Old November 6th 08, 11:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ian Blake[_4_]

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 14:03:57 +0700, "pg" wrote:

Tignes are still claiming 155cm on Gde Motte. Long may it last ... Mind you can
remember skiing down to Val Claret very early on not that long ago, should think
that's out of the question as yet ...

This morning (6th November, they are claiming 70cm on the Gde Motte and 10cm in
Lac
http://www.tignes.net/meteo.html

Still some warmth, the webcams do not show the lake freezing yet.

The season is... far from over Roger Moss[_2_] European Ski Resorts 4 May 23rd 08 09:37 PM
End of season downhill Alpine Skiing 8 March 7th 06 03:25 PM
I guess the great gay ski trip has begun... Eviel Dewar Alpine Skiing 5 March 5th 06 05:39 AM
The Season so far ? Edi European Ski Resorts 4 February 13th 06 06:33 AM
season pass comps for a shot season. LePheaux Alpine Skiing 15 February 7th 05 05:42 PM