Tahoe Question

Old November 23rd 03, 09:45 PM
Kevin

Default Tahoe Question

Hi everyone,

I am from Ohio and plan on taking my first trip out west skiing ever. We are
going in January and spending Friday at Heavenly and Saturday at Sierra at
Tahoe. Sunday I am looking for a resort that the crowds shouldn't be to bad.
We were thinking of Alpine Meadows, anybody ever ski here? We would like to
ski some resorts with long cruising runs, we are intermediate skiers.

Thanks,
Kevin

Old November 23rd 03, 10:15 PM
john.riedel

"Kevin" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I am from Ohio and plan on taking my first trip out west skiing ever. We

are
going in January and spending Friday at Heavenly and Saturday at Sierra at
Tahoe. Sunday I am looking for a resort that the crowds shouldn't be to

bad.
We were thinking of Alpine Meadows, anybody ever ski here? We would like

ski some resorts with long cruising runs, we are intermediate skiers.

Thanks,
Kevin

I haven't been to Alpine, but we went to Northstar-at-Tahoe last year, and
was really nice skiing.
Should be just what you are looking for. The parking really sucks, but once
you get on the hill, that
problem seems less important.

While you are at Heavenly, I suggest this run :
Take the Dipper Express up, then start down Orion. Go far to the left, so
you can ski the lanes between
the clumps of trees. Go under the lift line, then turn right onto Orion's
Belt, for more lanes thru tree clumps.
Carry some speed, there's a little uphill just before you get to Big Dipper.
Now you have four options:
Take Upper or Lower Dipper Return to the lift and do it again,
Take Big Dipper to East Peak Lodge, and get something to eat,
Take Perimeter, or Galaxy (both nice cruises) to the SLOWEST lift at
Heavenly, or
Take Big Dipper, go behind East Peak, carry some speed here too, its uphill
further on, and take Way Home
to the down to Stagecoach Lodge.
We do each option at least once.

John

Old November 25th 03, 03:59 AM

"Kevin" wrote in message .. .
Hi everyone,

I am from Ohio and plan on taking my first trip out west skiing ever. We are
going in January and spending Friday at Heavenly and Saturday at Sierra at
Tahoe. Sunday I am looking for a resort that the crowds shouldn't be to bad.
We were thinking of Alpine Meadows, anybody ever ski here? We would like to
ski some resorts with long cruising runs, we are intermediate skiers.

Alpin Meadows is it. Cool place with few people and great mellow terrain.