Custom Liners / Soft Boots

Old October 3rd 03, 01:15 PM
Chris Devidal

Default Custom Liners / Soft Boots

Hey all,

Has anyone used the Salomon heat moldable liners that come with several of
their boot models? I've looked around, but can't seem to find any reviews or
explanations of the quality of the fit. If they're worthless, has anyone had
positive experiences, and could recommend a custom liner. Also, what are the
general reactions to the new soft boots, such as the Rossignol Soft and Soft
Light series. We're most likely going to make a trek to Dallas (being the
closest city with a qualified bootfitter) for some custom care, but was just
checking around on here first, since its more likely I'm going to get honest
answers.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Devidal

Old October 3rd 03, 05:42 PM
lal_truckee

Chris Devidal wrote:
Hey all,

Has anyone used the Salomon heat moldable liners that come with several of
their boot models? I've looked around, but can't seem to find any reviews or
explanations of the quality of the fit. If they're worthless, has anyone had
positive experiences, and could recommend a custom liner. Also, what are the
general reactions to the new soft boots, such as the Rossignol Soft and Soft
Light series. We're most likely going to make a trek to Dallas (being the
closest city with a qualified bootfitter) for some custom care, but was just
checking around on here first, since its more likely I'm going to get honest
answers.

I'd stick with mid-line solid-body 4 buckle boots.

IMO the "soft boot" is about as credible as rear entry boots - junk sold
to people who previously spent their time complaining about their boots
rather than skiing. If a boot fits correctly there is nothing to gain
from a "soft boot" and everything to lose in performance.

A mid-line boot should be cheaper, perform better, and fit better if
properly adjusted by a good bootfitter.

Old October 3rd 03, 09:52 PM
F. Plant

"Chris Devidal" wrote in message
Hey all,

Has anyone used the Salomon heat moldable liners that come with several of
their boot models? I've looked around, but can't seem to find any reviews

or
explanations of the quality of the fit. If they're worthless, has anyone

had
positive experiences, and could recommend a custom liner. Also, what are

the
general reactions to the new soft boots, such as the Rossignol Soft and

Soft
Light series. We're most likely going to make a trek to Dallas (being the
closest city with a qualified bootfitter) for some custom care, but was

just
checking around on here first, since its more likely I'm going to get

honest
answers.

I have not tried soft boots, but I've been told that the technica's might
actually be a reasonable comprimize by my bootfitter
http://www.tecnicausa.com/skiing/7_senses.shtml
Also look at their hot form.
http://www.tecnicausa.com/skiing/hot_form.shtml
I'm going to try the hot form this fall as I like and need a custom boot.
Don't want to go with a custom A+B foam liner unless its last resort. They
supposedly have improved, but I'm biased as I had problems with them years
ago. That said my bootfitter is still ordering in custom liners as he feels
the technica dosn't offer the same potential for ultimate fit.

F. Plant

Old October 4th 03, 03:11 AM
ant

Chris Devidal wrote:
Also, what are the general reactions to the
new soft boots, such as the Rossignol Soft and Soft Light series.

A lady I worked with this season had a pair of the Rossis. They looked
brilliant, lots of furry cowhide with spots, shiny black plastic and thick
chunky leather. She said she got them in the hope of finding comfort and
didn't care about performance as she is a a neat, slow speed skiier.
Not only did they have her in agony, but the performance level was (to her)
so low that she felt a significant loss of control even for her style of
skiing. She was very disappointed.

ant

Soft Boots? MH Alpine Skiing 4 December 14th 04 12:10 AM
Custom Made Nordic Ski Boots??? Chase66 Nordic Skiing 1 December 29th 03 11:27 PM
Soft Boots Need Help houseslave Alpine Skiing 0 December 25th 03 03:14 PM
Custom Boot Liners Burt Hwang Alpine Skiing 1 November 24th 03 05:52 PM
Custom Liners / Soft Boots Chris Devidal Alpine Skiing 1 October 3rd 03 04:24 PM