Can you enter any distance event at M-Nats?

Old January 10th 04, 02:43 AM
Jeff Potter

Default Can you enter any distance event at M-Nats?

I note for the first skate race on Sat at the Masters Nats that there
are 3 distances for the various genders and ages. My age men is 30k, but
that's too much for me basically: Does anyone know if you can opt out of
the points/whatever and just ski a shorter race?

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old January 10th 04, 05:38 AM
Erik Brooks

I recall them saying earlier that there would be a 'tourist class' or
some such name, and that group would start after the final racing
classes, but I don't see that listed in the events schedule. An
oversight perhaps? I would guess that if that class does happen, it
would be at the shorter distance (20k).

Haven't you done multiple longer races, Jeff?

Erik Brooks

Old January 10th 04, 01:28 PM
Erik Brooks

Jeff,
I just remembered that you've reported lots of sickness lately. It's
smart to not rush back in too soon.
Erik

Old January 10th 04, 02:12 PM
Jeff Potter

Erik Brooks wrote:

Haven't you done multiple longer races, Jeff?

Sure, but years ago. Now I know better! : ) No, but it does help to be
READY for them. If you've only trained a half-hour at a time the last few
years, a 30km just blows you apart, with your race leaving you while you
still have half the course to do! UGH! Then you're trashed for a day or
two. It really bothers my competitors, too, when I start walking the
hills halfway thru an overlong race. It's insulting. And it really riles
em up! It wouldn't help my Sprint Relay the next day. A rest day after
such a foolish thing might be enough, but I'd rather be sparky for the
sprints. I could tour or train for 30k. It's so much funner to be able to
properly do the events. The sprints are the right length these days for
me. : )

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old January 11th 04, 03:47 AM
Jeff Potter

But it's my only races! Too bad the XC season is so short. XC = 10
races/3 months. Cycling = 100 races/6 months. No fair!