My Second Donek?

Old November 30th 03, 08:38 PM
TallPaul

Default My Second Donek?

I purchased my first Donek Snowboard 4 years ago and now feel it's
time to get a new board, my question to the group is do I or don't I
buy another Donek. Having not made a posting in this group for a year
or so I just wondered what feedback Donek have been getting.

If anyone has any other ideas on what board I should purchase over
Donek then feel free to comment. I want something good for freeriding,
not worried about the park.

I'm also off to Whistler in Jan so looking forward to breaking it in
over there.

TallPaul.
Old November 30th 03, 08:59 PM
Mike T

If anyone has any other ideas on what board I should purchase over
Donek then feel free to comment. I want something good for freeriding,
not worried about the park.

If you were happy with your first one, why not get a second one? I've
had nothing but good things to say about mine, all four of them.
(01-02 Wide 161, 01-02 Freecarve 163, 02-03 Axis 172, '97 or '98?
Incline 168, bought used) The older Incline is quite noticeably softer
than the newer ones. Not sure what year they became stiffer.

There are only two freeride boards out there other than Donek I would
personally even bother to demo anymo

Prior MFR, if I ever got to Whistler - just for yucks - similar sidecuts
to Donek Incline/Wide/Sasquatch

Rad-Air Tanker, 192cm or 200cm - as a powder gun.

-Mike T

Old November 30th 03, 09:40 PM
Dana P

Past postings have generally been very favorable for any of the Donek
lines. Between my son and I, we have three Doneks (2 wide 165, 169)
and one Sasquatch (170). My new 169 was taken for its first day on the
snow yesterday (good to be back on the mountain), and performed as
expected (very well). Sean is responsive to your snowboard needs and
continues to put out a great product. You will probably be hard
pressed to get much negative feedback regarding Donek boards.
Snowing in Anchorage

Old December 1st 03, 09:06 PM
Brian

You could also consider a Prior as you're heading up that way. Go down to
the factory (nr Function) and have a chat with the guys. You can hire a
board for a day or so and see how they are.

They both make great boards.

I'd love to try a Prior myself. I'm curious how their freeride boards
perform compared to my Donek Wide. If you do try one, Paul, please report
back!

Thanks!

Brian.

Old December 2nd 03, 04:32 AM
Mista Jone

I didn't like my donek at all..

It was a pretty nice board, looks, lightness, but something didn't "feel" right
about it. I kept catching an edge either way. Maybe I like a "looser" board. I
bought a Lib Tech 158 and love that board better than the Donek.

Overall, though, my experience with Sean was awesome. HE is truly a great
business man. Not only was the purchase price of my board refunded, but also
the shipping both ways. It was truly amazing.

Just FYI

Also, I'm not a park/pipe monkey and mostly free ride, which is why the incline
sounded like the perfect stick for me.

Eric

Donek...where? Jonathan Milton Snowboarding 4 May 13th 04 11:29 PM
Wide-board or NO? Mate Snowboarding 7 November 21st 03 03:00 PM
Not another board length question Serena Snowboarding 5 October 2nd 03 06:04 AM
Board Recommendations Jeff R Snowboarding 3 September 19th 03 06:55 PM
Donek Incline or Burton T6? Todd Boland Snowboarding 3 September 7th 03 04:58 AM