Death threats, threats of bodily harm

Old April 11th 08, 03:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bert Hoff[_2_]

Default Death threats, threats of bodily harm

Well, in the last couple of days I have got a death threat and a threat
of bodily harm.

The death threat came from Horvath, who's a loon, so I'm not terribly
worried.

The threat of bodily harm is more worrisome. It was from Dave, the
sociopath who's a lot like Ted Bundy in a lot of ways. What's scary is
that he could be in suburban Baltimore. Or he could be in Poway,
California. Or he could be from anywhere. And he's hiding behind anonymity.

The police say there is nothing they can do about Usenet threats of
bodily harm from anonymous posters.

a concerned Bert
Old April 11th 08, 04:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article ,
Bert Hoff wrote:

Well, in the last couple of days I have got a death threat and a threat
of bodily harm.

Sure you have...

The death threat came from Horvath, who's a loon, so I'm not terribly
worried.

Quote it.

The threat of bodily harm is more worrisome. It was from Dave, the
sociopath who's a lot like Ted Bundy in a lot of ways. What's scary is
that he could be in suburban Baltimore. Or he could be in Poway,
California. Or he could be from anywhere. And he's hiding behind anonymity.

Quote it.

The police say there is nothing they can do about Usenet threats of
bodily harm from anonymous posters.

But according to you, you know who Dave is.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old April 11th 08, 05:34 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
Bert Hoff wrote:

The threat of bodily harm is more worrisome. It was from Dave, the
sociopath who's a lot like Ted Bundy in a lot of ways. What's scary is
that he could be in suburban Baltimore. Or he could be in Poway,
California. Or he could be from anywhere. And he's hiding behind anonymity.

The police say there is nothing they can do about Usenet threats of
bodily harm from anonymous posters.

a concerned Bert

Dear A Concerned Bert,

I made a post where I suggested that in order to save myself some
typing, it would be easier if you were to take a ballpeen hammer and
strike yourself in the jubblies. I had forgotten what absolute control
I have over your behavior. Just give yourself a light tap, no need to
inflict permanent damage to yourself, just a little reminder... unless
you absolutely feel you deserve it - then just go to town.

You know what you oughta worry about though? Scott inviting the whole
internet to "try to kick" (you) "in the nuts." He even said that if
he's not around, anyone so inclined could kick you in the testicles and
then leave without any repercussions WHAT SO EVER! Really, he said
that! I was so worried about you, I told him he should call you and
warn you about his challenge immediately. Seriously, I'll post the link
below.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.s...ead/thread/c91
70eef61f185b7/e8bdda8737b4fb20?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=vern93%40gmail.co m#e8bdda8
737b4fb20

You know what, here's the offending passage:

"Tell you what, Dickless Dave. Why don't you show up and try to kick
him in the nuts yourself?
Might be able to get away with it."

That is obviously very disturbing and I won't demand an apology
immediately for falsely accusing me of threatening you. You are
probably deeply upset about Scott's open worldwide broadcast and
invitation to whallop you in the plums and walk away scott-free.

You should take a hot bath and pull yourself together, then get Scott to
issue a retraction of some sort ASAP, and just hope no "internet crazy"
takes him up on his offer before then. With Scott's extensive law
enforcement connections, he ought to be able to get your nuts into
protective custody, but honestly, I think that would be an over
reaction. But, you know, they're your nackers, and you gotta do what
you gotta do.

I'd suggest that you issue some sort of statement, but you've already
been quite clear that you "don't speak for Scott."

If there is anything else I can do to help, please let me know.* And I
call on the netizens of the entire world wide cyber internets to come up
with CONSTRUCTIVE ideas for Bert to protect his testes**, and how he can
get Scott to "unring the bell" (so to speak)

Dave

* provided, of course, that you issue an apology for accusing me of
threatening you with bodily harm.

** Rather than tie up RSA with Bert's concern for his testicles, I
suggest you email him directly at the email address he's provided

Old April 11th 08, 05:46 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bert Hoff[_2_]

Alan Baker wrote:
In article ,
Bert Hoff wrote:

Well, in the last couple of days I have got a death threat and a threat
of bodily harm.

Sure you have...

The death threat came from Horvath, who's a loon, so I'm not terribly
worried.

Quote it.

I SAY THAT HORVATH IS 100% HUNGARIAN. THERE IS NO GYPSY BLOOD IN HIM.
Care to come to Detroit and see? Catch me on a weekend when the
Tigers are playing. I'll buy the tickets to the game. If you go by
air, you'll only need a one-way flight.

The threat of bodily harm is more worrisome. It was from Dave, the
sociopath who's a lot like Ted Bundy in a lot of ways. What's scary is
that he could be in suburban Baltimore. Or he could be in Poway,
California. Or he could be from anywhere. And he's hiding behind anonymity.

Quote it.

Fair enough. If you're around, Bert's jubblies are strictly off limits,
otherwise "go for it." Got it! Thanks!

Dave

The police say there is nothing they can do about Usenet threats of
bodily harm from anonymous posters.

But according to you, you know who Dave is.

Prove it. When did I say that? Provide the post.

Bert
Old April 11th 08, 05:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
Bert Hoff wrote:

The threat of bodily harm is more worrisome. It was from Dave, the
sociopath who's a lot like Ted Bundy in a lot of ways. What's scary is
that he could be in suburban Baltimore. Or he could be in Poway,
California. Or he could be from anywhere. And he's hiding behind anonymity.

Quote it.

Fair enough. If you're around, Bert's jubblies are strictly off limits,
otherwise "go for it." Got it! Thanks!

Bert? The threat of bodily harm was in Scott's post. I was just
attempting to clarify Scott's verbiage to assess it's severity and
intent. I also suggested he call you to warn you of his actions, but you
snipped that . Please learn to read more carefully. HTH.

Dave

PS I'll be awaiting your apology

Old April 11th 08, 06:28 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article ,
Bert Hoff wrote:

Alan Baker wrote:
In article ,
Bert Hoff wrote:

Well, in the last couple of days I have got a death threat and a threat
of bodily harm.

Sure you have...

The death threat came from Horvath, who's a loon, so I'm not terribly
worried.

Quote it.

I SAY THAT HORVATH IS 100% HUNGARIAN. THERE IS NO GYPSY BLOOD IN HIM.
Care to come to Detroit and see? Catch me on a weekend when the
Tigers are playing. I'll buy the tickets to the game. If you go by
air, you'll only need a one-way flight.

Where's the threat in that?

The threat of bodily harm is more worrisome. It was from Dave, the
sociopath who's a lot like Ted Bundy in a lot of ways. What's scary is
that he could be in suburban Baltimore. Or he could be in Poway,
California. Or he could be from anywhere. And he's hiding behind anonymity.

Quote it.

Fair enough. If you're around, Bert's jubblies are strictly off limits,
otherwise "go for it." Got it! Thanks!

Where's the threat in that? He's interpreting Scott's words, not
suggesting he actually wants to do you harm.

Dave

The police say there is nothing they can do about Usenet threats of
bodily harm from anonymous posters.

But according to you, you know who Dave is.

Prove it. When did I say that? Provide the post.

Any of the dozens of posts you've made recently where you've referred to
him as "Vinnie".

Just pulled that name out of the ether, did you?

Old April 11th 08, 06:40 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bert Hoff[_2_]

Alan Baker wrote:
In article ,
Bert Hoff wrote:

Alan Baker wrote:
In article ,
Bert Hoff wrote:

[...]

Dozens of posts where I have referred to him as "Vinnie"?
Old April 11th 08, 06:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
Bert Hoff wrote:

The threat of bodily harm is more worrisome. It was from Dave, the
sociopath who's a lot like Ted Bundy in a lot of ways. What's scary is
that he could be in suburban Baltimore. Or he could be in Poway,
California. Or he could be from anywhere. And he's hiding behind anonymity.

Quote it.

Fair enough. If you're around, Bert's jubblies are strictly off limits,
otherwise "go for it." Got it! Thanks!

Oh dear. Oh dear me. I just checked the "urban dictionary" and it says
the term "jubblies" refers to women's breasts or ecstacy pills. Oh
dear.

Just to be sure, I checked Scott's slang against various dictionary
sources too. It's pretty clear that when he issued that challenge on
the World Wide Usenets to kick Bert in the nuts and gave the conditions
you could get away with it, he was in fact referring to Bert's
testicles.

Dave
Old April 11th 08, 06:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article ,
Bert Hoff wrote:

Alan Baker wrote:
In article ,
Bert Hoff wrote:

Alan Baker wrote:
In article ,
Bert Hoff wrote:

Well, in the last couple of days I have got a death threat and a threat
of bodily harm.
Sure you have...

The death threat came from Horvath, who's a loon, so I'm not terribly
worried.
Quote it.
I SAY THAT HORVATH IS 100% HUNGARIAN. THERE IS NO GYPSY BLOOD IN HIM.
Care to come to Detroit and see? Catch me on a weekend when the
Tigers are playing. I'll buy the tickets to the game. If you go by
air, you'll only need a one-way flight.

Where's the threat in that?

No answer, I note.

The threat of bodily harm is more worrisome. It was from Dave, the
sociopath who's a lot like Ted Bundy in a lot of ways. What's scary is
that he could be in suburban Baltimore. Or he could be in Poway,
California. Or he could be from anywhere. And he's hiding behind
anonymity.
Quote it.
Fair enough. If you're around, Bert's jubblies are strictly off limits,
otherwise "go for it." Got it! Thanks!

Where's the threat in that? He's interpreting Scott's words, not
suggesting he actually wants to do you harm.

Well?

Dave

The police say there is nothing they can do about Usenet threats of
bodily harm from anonymous posters.
But according to you, you know who Dave is.

Prove it. When did I say that? Provide the post.

Any of the dozens of posts you've made recently where you've referred to
him as "Vinnie".

Just pulled that name out of the ether, did you?

Dozens of posts where I have referred to him as "Vinnie"?

My mistake.

It's ClarenceDarrow you've called "Vinnie".

Death by Snowboarder root Snowboarding 7 March 4th 05 05:15 PM
Another near death experience Scott Elliot Nordic Skiing 2 March 1st 04 08:16 AM
Death at Bridger JLGSAK Alpine Skiing 13 January 6th 04 04:37 AM
More death threats from an Anthea Kerrison Terrorist scottabe Alpine Skiing 10 October 12th 03 09:41 PM