Home Position and Magic Turns

Old November 29th 04, 03:30 PM
MoonMan

Walt wrote:
MoonMan wrote:
Mary Malmros wrote:

It's nothing risque. It's a survival rule-of-thumb mnemonic: a
person can survive three minutes without oxygen, three hours
without shelter in adverse conditions, three days without water,
and three weeks without food. When in a survival situation, it
helps you to prioritize what needs you must take care of first.

That sounds a usefull one, I'll try to remember it.

Also useful are the 50-50 rules for hypothermia:

A 50 year old person has a 50-50 chance of surviving 50 minutes in 50
degree water.

well I'm 45 and try to avoid 50 F water (unless i'm wearing a wetsuit).

You have a 50-50 chance to swim 50 yards in 50 degree water.

Obviously, this is degrees Fahrenheit. The Celsius equivalent is 10
degrees. You'd probably cook quite quickly at 50 degrees Celsius.

Hmm, don't know, my hot tub is set to 40 C and doesn't seem too bad

(Sorry I called you Walt, BTW;-))

Perhaps someone will send me some beer?

Sure. Can you send me some snow?

I'll try to post some from Andorra next week

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old November 29th 04, 03:49 PM
Walt

MoonMan wrote:
Walt wrote:

You'd probably cook quite quickly at 50 degrees Celsius.

Hmm, don't know, my hot tub is set to 40 C and doesn't seem too bad

40 degrees C is about right for a hot tub. But I like it on the hot side.

50 degrees C is another kettle of fish. According to this chart, Beef is
cooked rare at 45 to 50 degrees. 55 for medium-rare. It doesn't say
anything about humans. (Damned worthless internet!)

http://www.cooksrecipes.com/tips/mea...ure-chart.html

Perhaps someone will send me some beer?

Sure. Can you send me some snow?

I'll try to post some from Andorra next week

I'll be in Vermont or Southern Quebec by that time. Please send it
ahead rather than to my home address. Thanks.

--
//-Walt
//
Old November 30th 04, 06:22 AM
BrritSki

foot2foot wrote:

"Bob Lee" wrote in message

Yeah well, I'm just saying. Look, the reason it made me think of you is

because, whether you know it or not, you come across exactly as 'this
goes here and this goes here' like it's a machine (you)'re building, and
you seem you would take the fun out of the sport for people before they
have even learned it.

Maybe that isn't so IRL, but it sure seems that way to me here, so as
long as you agree with Msr. Perret, then you might want to keep an eye
on that. You know, take it easy on the pedantry, try not to be such a
know-it-all, and, for the love of gawd, loosen up.

Bob, I appreciate the reply, I can't really be held responsible
for what you read into my posts. Most people don't see them
that way,

That's what you think....