more on Beckie Scott and anti-doping

Old December 23rd 03, 03:44 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default more on Beckie Scott and anti-doping

From http://www.fasterskier.com/news.php?id=756, the following
admirable quotes from Scott:

"I haven't talked to [Lazutina or Danilova], they both disappeared
kind of quickly after the [Olympic] competition, but I have no
personal animosity toward those two women,"

"The situation in Russia . . . I mean, I would guess those two are
coming from quite different socio-economic circumstances than I am,
and I can understand the incentive to make a better life for
themselves. I fault more the federations who encourage [doping] and
endorse it, and the ski associations who have not provided adequate
testing to deter it."

JT
Old December 24th 03, 03:29 PM
alexmal

(John Forrest Tomlinson) wrote in message . com...
From
http://www.fasterskier.com/news.php?id=756, the following
admirable quotes from Scott:

it sounds really funny to me
Anybody here really believes that it's possible to be in top10 without
doping?!
(then U know nothing about pro-sport)
actually the question is - "has she/he been caught or not?"
there two things : doping itself and hiding actions to avoid catching

Guess because Russia is not so rich country (as trully Beckie said)
sometimes they have not much money to do both parts really well.
That's why 2nd part (masking) was not so good and we have the result.

Hey! Look at 100m final at Olympics. Do U really believe that all
these muscules achieved without steroids. Innocent...
Have U seen pro ice-skaters' legs..? Also without dope?
Compare them with 30_years_ago chronicles. Do U see that their legs
are two times thiner? Don't U think they trained also HARD?
Old December 24th 03, 10:49 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

(alexmal) wrote in message
Anybody here really believes that it's
possible to be in top10 without
doping?!

Yes.

JT
Old December 29th 03, 10:15 AM
Primoz Jeroncic

alexmal wrote:

it sounds really funny to me
Anybody here really believes that it's possible to be in top10 without
doping?!
(then U know nothing about pro-sport)

Hehe you are repeating my mistake when saying something like that
I said something like this 3 years ago after Lahti and half of people
here were on way over here to do something to me. You should really
search through archives a bit to see where saying something like that
goes Just try to find my old posts and then all those angry replies.
So from those days I just keep my opinions to myself. Especially when
they go to doping direction

--
Primoz
Support - IP/VoIP Connectivity & Routing
Old December 29th 03, 02:17 PM
Jay Tegeder

Primoz, I was wrong then... I'm thinking more the way you do now.
You've been closer to the World Cup than any of us so I think your
observations are probably more accurate. It does seem the goal is to
come in to the test just under the limit. You need a good team doctor
for that...

Jay Tegeder
"On the podium if the right people don't show up!" JT

Old December 30th 03, 10:24 AM
Primoz Jeroncic

Jay Tegeder wrote:

Primoz, I was wrong then... I'm thinking more the way you do now.
You've been closer to the World Cup than any of us so I think your
observations are probably more accurate. It does seem the goal is to
come in to the test just under the limit. You need a good team doctor
for that...

Jay it's no problem I wasn't angry that time and I'm definitely
not now after few years. Everyone has right to have their own
opinion and if you had/have different opinion then me it's fine
with me. Ok I guess I probably said something not really nice those
days and I'm sorry for it, but I didn't really mean anything bad. And
at least I learned something from those days. It's useless to argue
about stuff like that I still have my own opinions about lot of
things, and lot of times it's different then someone elses, but
now I at least don't try to push it to far anymore with "explaning"
my point of view.
On other side I actually understand your opinion those days, no
matter how it's now. To be honest I was really dissapointed too. Not
because it would be shock someone was doped, but because that stupid
doctor didn't bother to check. Skiing was all my life before and it's
still big part of my life now, so it felt like they destroyed my sport.
As I wrote once already, skiing was clean sport for most of people
and all of a sudden it came to cycling level (no offence to any of
cyclists here), for which everyone knew it's doping sport. And right
after that all of a sudden you start to be some junkie, since if they
are using doping then I guess I was using it too since I was there. And
I can tell it felt exactly like that sometimes or with some people who
were never in sport but knew I was skiing. And if you were never in
WC it was probably even worse too see your sport get bad reputation.