Skier Maier to lead out Tour de France

Old July 1st 03, 01:43 PM
MoonMan

Default Skier Maier to lead out Tour de France

In rthlink.net, Nev
Shea typed:
Mary Malmros wrote in
:

"Robert Chung" writes:

Top poster "Aaron Daniel" wrote in message
. com...
I don't see that information being put forth. If you have
information to counter what I've put forth please do.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but since your understanding in
this area is stretched thin how would you know?

He'd know because you'd condescend to point out exactly what posters
and posts you're talking about.

And before you rip into me too, go look at the Newsgroups line. We
don't all know the members of your li'l club.

Thank you for condescending to our lil club by ripping into Robert
with your first post here in 5 years. Perhaps you would be so kind to
enlighten us more now by lecturing us about the NG etiquette of
lurking, or at least understanding the topic you want to post about.

Thank you so much, Ms Manners

before you make a total prat of yourself you might do as Mary suggested and
look at the newsgroups line!

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old July 1st 03, 02:43 PM
Java Man (Espressopithecus)

In article ,
says...

"Mary Malmros" wrote in message
"Robert Chung" writes:

Top poster "Aaron Daniel" wrote in message
. com...
I don't see that information being put forth. If you have information

counter what I've put forth please do.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but since your understanding in this

area
is stretched thin how would you know?

He'd know because you'd condescend to point out exactly what posters
and posts you're talking about.

And before you rip into me too, go look at the Newsgroups line. We
don't all know the members of your li'l club.

First, you think I ripped into him? My, my. Aren't we sensitive. I suggested
that he reconsider and re-evaluate, especially in light of his admission
that he had exceeded his level of understanding. I never called him a
dumbass.

Second, you think I didn't notice the ng line? Of course I did, which is why
I didn't call him a dumbass, though it's kind of dumbass to try to lecture
cyclists on cycling when one's usual haunts are rec.skiing.alpine and
alt.autos.audi.

Third, why would I point out exactly which posters and posts? You're saying
that only if he (and you) knew that there really were experts in the
conversation that he would back down? Yow. That's a characteristic that
should sort of make you wonder. The point in usenet is that you never know
who you're talking to so it's not a good idea to carry a chip on your
shoulder. Aaron's sin wasn't ignorance, it was hubris, and his dumbassedness
wasn't because he was wrong, it was because he was adamantly wrong in an
area in which he was unknowledgable *while knowing he was unknowledgable.*
Who does he think he is, George W.?

BTW, none of the three guys I referenced above think that Maier couldn't do
well in the prologue if he were motivated to do so. They just think (and
they'd be correct) that if he does well it is because of his aerobic
capability, not because of "strength."

You're may be correct in your analysis of cycling topics, but you could
certainly use a lecture on manners. Rec.skiing.alpine, the only
newsgroup approved by Emily Post, is definitely the place to visit if
you want to learn the finer points of polite, respectful debate. ;-)

Rick
Old July 1st 03, 02:46 PM
Mike Speegle

In news:Java Man (Espressopithecus) typed:

You're may be correct in your analysis of cycling topics, but you
could certainly use a lecture on manners. Rec.skiing.alpine, the only
newsgroup approved by Emily Post, is definitely the place to visit if
you want to learn the finer points of polite, respectful debate. ;-)

KEYBOARD!!!
--
Mike
"Colorado Ski Country, USA" Come often, Ski hard,

Old July 1st 03, 03:09 PM
MoonMan

In , Fred Marx typed:
god there's nothing worse than skiiers in july...

cycle races along the roads on my way to a ski race? what time do you people
start on a Sunday morning?

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old July 1st 03, 03:13 PM
Top Sirloin

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 16:10:12 GMT, "Kurgan Gringioni"
wrote:

"Aaron Daniel" wrote in message
.com...
Both?

How about aerobic capacity.

Compare their BMI to those with the ultimate leg strength: powerlifters. How
would powerlifters do in a prologue?

Get me in the Tour and we can find out. :-)

--
Scott Johnson
"Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are
Old July 1st 03, 03:13 PM
MoonMan

In , Fred Marx typed:
god there's nothing worse than skiiers in july...

cycle races along the roads on my way to a ski race?
What time do you cyclists start on a Sunday morning?

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old July 1st 03, 03:34 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

"Nev Shea" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Mary Malmros wrote in
:

"Robert Chung" writes:

Top poster "Aaron Daniel" wrote in message
. com...
I don't see that information being put forth. If you have
information to counter what I've put forth please do.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but since your understanding in
this area is stretched thin how would you know?

He'd know because you'd condescend to point out exactly what posters
and posts you're talking about.

And before you rip into me too, go look at the Newsgroups line. We
don't all know the members of your li'l club.

Thank you for condescending to our lil club by ripping into Robert.
Perhaps you would be so kind to
enlighten us more now by lecturing us about the NG etiquette of lurking,
or at least understanding the topic you want to post about.

Thank you so much, Ms Manners

Don't be so polite. Show her the true rbr.

Mary, you have your head up your ass.

have a nice day,

K. Gringioni

Old July 1st 03, 04:38 PM
Mary Malmros

Nev Shea writes:

Mary Malmros wrote in
:

"Robert Chung" writes:

Top poster "Aaron Daniel" wrote in message
. com...
I don't see that information being put forth. If you have
information to counter what I've put forth please do.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but since your understanding in
this area is stretched thin how would you know?

He'd know because you'd condescend to point out exactly what posters
and posts you're talking about.

And before you rip into me too, go look at the Newsgroups line. We
don't all know the members of your li'l club.

Thank you for condescending to our lil club by ripping into Robert.
Perhaps you would be so kind to
enlighten us more now by lecturing us about the NG etiquette of
lurking,

Lurking? Me? Fair enough. That means that you, Robert, and all of
y'all bike types are lurkers here on rec.skiing.alpine. So, since
I've committed the deplorable sin of forgetting my lecture notes on
the NG etiquette of lurking, perhaps you lurkers could tell me all
about it.

--
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::
Mary Malmros
Old July 1st 03, 04:43 PM
scottabe

in article , Mary Malmros at
wrote on 7/1/03 9:38 AM:

Nev Shea writes:

Mary Malmros wrote in
:

"Robert Chung" writes:

[...]

I'm more than happy to discuss newsgroup etiquette. For example, this vile
liar has smeared me on several occasions, alleging that I was a threat to
her. No matter that I've NEVER been in her state, I live three thousand
miles away, and I never threatened her in anyway, unless exposing her as a
vicious, unprincipled liar is a threat.
Let's discuss Mary Malmros's participation in an ongoing criminal conspiracy
that has threatened MY life, committed scores of felonies, and smeared me
with the grossest defamations.
Fair enough?