Best accessible resort

Old July 21st 13, 10:36 PM
pscherer pscherer is offline
Junior Member

Default Best accessible resort

I'm looking for the easiest/best accessible resort by plane. Maybe something I can fly into in the morning and be on the slopes in a short time. Intermediate/expert but like groomed also. Probably fly in from Paris or Amsterdam.

Thanks......
Old July 22nd 13, 12:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Colin Irvine[_4_]

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 23:36:55 +0100, pscherer
wrote:

I'm looking for the easiest/best accessible resort by plane. Maybe
something I can fly into in the morning and be on the slopes in a short
time. Intermediate/expert but like groomed also. Probably fly in from
Paris or Amsterdam.

Thanks......

Courcheval has its own airport. Otherwise Chambery and Innsbruck are
probably your best bet.

--
Colin Irvine
http://www.colinandpat.co.uk
Old July 22nd 13, 06:02 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
The Older Gentleman[_2_]

Colin Irvine wrote:

Courchevel has its own airport.

(Spelling corrected).

It has two, actually. There's posh.

--
Honda CB400 Four CB125S Triumph Street Triple Ducati 800SS
BMW K1200RS Yamaha 660 Tenere Suzuki GN250 TS250ER x3
Old July 23rd 13, 08:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Paul S

"pscherer" wrote in message
news

I'm looking for the easiest/best accessible resort by plane. Maybe
something I can fly into in the morning and be on the slopes in a short
time. Intermediate/expert but like groomed also. Probably fly in from
Paris or Amsterdam.

Thanks......

You could also try Turin or Geneva - both have a number of resorts around an
hour away. Of course if you're going from Paris try the train to Bourg St
Maurice and then Funicular (sp?) up to Les Arcs - train will generally be
less hassle than flying and no car hire or bus transfer required

HTH

--
Paul S

Old August 14th 13, 11:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Alex Heney

wrote:

I'm looking for the easiest/best accessible resort by plane. Maybe
something I can fly into in the morning and be on the slopes in a short
time. Intermediate/expert but like groomed also. Probably fly in from
Paris or Amsterdam.

Thanks......

Innsbruck is probably the best from that POV.

Nordpark is accessible direct from the city centre by funicular (about
10-15 minutes from the airport). And then there are several other ski
areas within about an hour, all covered by the Olympia Skiworld pass,
and free buses from the town centre.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
It's smart to pick your friends, but not to pieces.