Les Arcs 1800

Old November 4th 03, 01:39 PM
Djuro

Default Les Arcs 1800

Dear all,

Has anyone every skied(?) in Les Arcs before?

I am going for the first time in Jan 2004 and would greatly appreciate
some views other than brochure reports. I will be at the Alpages Du
Chantel so perhaps someone has been there already and can tell me what
it is like

Also, is the skiing any good in Les Arcs and where are the best runs
for a confident intermediate

Plus restaurants etc

Regards

Djuro
Old November 4th 03, 02:03 PM
Robert Rees

Has anyone every skied(?) in Les Arcs before?

I am going for the first time in Jan 2004 and would greatly appreciate
some views other than brochure reports. I will be at the Alpages Du
Chantel so perhaps someone has been there already and can tell me what
it is like

Alpage du Chantel is very nice indeed (although I'm buying an apartment
there, so I guess I would say that!). It offers true ski-in/ski-out
convenience, situated on one of the blue pistes just above the resort.
Apartments are spacious by French standards and there is a nice pool
(free), gym and sauna (small fee) available to use. There's also a
small restaurant, bakery, lift pass and ESF office in the development.
The one down side is that it's a bit of a walk to get from the main
village centre back up to the apartment, but there is a free bus service
which runs quite frequently.

Also, is the skiing any good in Les Arcs and where are the best runs
for a confident intermediate

Lots of good piste skiing available for confident intermediates,
including long, wide blues and reds through the trees to Peisey and
Vallandry, several reds and blues criss-crossing above 1800 and 1600,
with yet more long runs (including steeper stuff) around Arc 2000.
That's before you even talk about using the new cable car to get across
to La Plagne. There's more available than you can comfortably ski in a
week, so the choice is pretty extensive.

Have a great trip.

Regards

Rob

Transfer from Geneva to Les Arcs and back ... Lewis Barclay Snowboarding 0 December 19th 03 10:55 AM
UK nursery in Les Arcs 1800? Robert Rees European Ski Resorts 0 October 31st 03 01:01 PM
Les Arcs today PG European Ski Resorts 4 October 12th 03 08:08 PM
Advice - Vallandry (Les Arcs) Dr Bob Holt European Ski Resorts 0 September 7th 03 04:50 AM