This never happened before

Old September 19th 11, 06:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default This never happened before

Last night returning home from dropping my daughter off at her first
day of college. we got stuck on the freeway behind this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBgHDWKbYyI&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJY4Xuyi8rM

On the freeway, it takes up three lanes on the straightaways and all
four lanes on curves and bridges. It took us 90 minutes to go about
20 miles.
Old September 19th 11, 06:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

I passed a rig maybe half that size once heading east towards Snoqualmie Pass.
The trailer had maybe 12 axles and was pulled by only 2 tractors. I guessed the
load was an electric generator for one of the hydro plants on the Columbia.

Old September 19th 11, 07:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Richard Henry wrote:
Last night returning home from dropping my daughter off at her first
day of college. we got stuck on the freeway behind this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBgHDWKbYyI&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJY4Xuyi8rM

On the freeway, it takes up three lanes on the straightaways and all
four lanes on curves and bridges. It took us 90 minutes to go about
20 miles.

Holy crap! What about on and off the freeway? Around here
freeway entrances/exits are only 2 lanes wide at most
and usually 1 lane with shoulders.

Old September 19th 11, 07:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Richard Henry wrote:
Last night returning home from dropping my daughter off at her first
day of college. we got stuck on the freeway behind this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBgHDWKbYyI&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJY4Xuyi8rM

On the freeway, it takes up three lanes on the straightaways and all
four lanes on curves and bridges. It took us 90 minutes to go about
20 miles.

Hell near United Nation building they are using the block per hour
speedometer
Old September 19th 11, 07:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Sep 19, 11:23*am, Richard Henry wrote:
Last night returning home from dropping my daughter off at her first
day of college. we got stuck on the freeway behind this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBgHDWKbYyI&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJY4Xuyi8rM

On the freeway, it takes up three lanes on the straightaways and all
four lanes on curves and bridges. *It took us 90 minutes to go about
20 miles.

You know what else never happens? Girly Boi Henry giving the contact
info for SPD.
And then there is Girly Boi being man enough to spew his crap in
person. Never going to happen.
Old September 20th 11, 12:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 9/19/11 11:23 AM, Richard Henry wrote:
Last night returning home from dropping my daughter off at her first
day of college. we got stuck on the freeway behind this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBgHDWKbYyI&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJY4Xuyi8rM

On the freeway, it takes up three lanes on the straightaways and all
four lanes on curves and bridges. It took us 90 minutes to go about
20 miles.

Underpasses. How do they manage underpasses?
Old September 20th 11, 04:55 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Sep 19, 5:00*pm, lal_truckee wrote:
On 9/19/11 11:23 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

Last night returning home from dropping my daughter off at her first
day of college. we got stuck on the freeway behind this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBgHDWKbYyI&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJY4Xuyi8rM

On the freeway, it takes up three lanes on the straightaways and all
four lanes on curves and bridges. *It took us 90 minutes to go about
20 miles.

Underpasses. How do they manage underpasses?

Some are tall enough. the ones that aren't they go around, sometimes
up and down the ramps, sometimes by miles.
Old September 20th 11, 03:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Sep 19, 11:23*am, Richard Henry wrote:
Last night returning home from dropping my daughter off at her first
day of college. we got stuck on the freeway behind this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBgHDWKbYyI&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJY4Xuyi8rM

On the freeway, it takes up three lanes on the straightaways and all
four lanes on curves and bridges. *It took us 90 minutes to go about
20 miles.

At least it wasn't this bad --

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...rth-oceanside/

"The semi was carrying 72,000 pound of tomatoes, the CHP said."

This is especially funny because a lot of the conversation on the trip
north this weekend was about all the trucks full of tomatoes, tomatoes
on the side of the freeway, the "world's largest"* tomato processing
plant, etc.

*I made up the part about "world's largest", but tomato trucks seem to
be going in there 24/7.

Old September 21st 11, 02:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

On Sep 20, 11:51*am, Richard Henry wrote:
On Sep 19, 11:23*am, Richard Henry wrote:

Last night returning home from dropping my daughter off at her first
day of college. we got stuck on the freeway behind this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBgHDWKbYyI&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJY4Xuyi8rM

On the freeway, it takes up three lanes on the straightaways and all
four lanes on curves and bridges. *It took us 90 minutes to go about
20 miles.

At least it wasn't this bad --

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...alls-traffic-i...

"The semi was carrying 72,000 pound of tomatoes, the CHP said."

Yuck. I HATE raw tomatoes. I'm ok with sauces, sundried I actually
like, but raw tomatoes are to me utterly vile. The sandwich guy in
the cafeteria at work is well-trained by now not to put them on my
sandwich.

A fire in a bourbon barrel-house, now *that's* sad.

Dave
Old September 21st 11, 03:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Sep 20, 7:12*pm, Dave Stallard wrote:
[...]

I can sit with a bowl of cherry tomatoes fresh out of the garden and
eat them like candies.