Birke total climbing and descending

Old March 11th 05, 03:26 PM
bill callas

Default Birke total climbing and descending

I used my new Suunto T6 watch during this years Birke. The watch samples
every 1 second and it said that there was 2638 ft of ascending and 2776 ft
of descending. Has any one else tracked this with there watches and if so
what did you get? My friend used his Polar 710 and had 2900 ft of climbing.
There were no barometer changes during the race.

Old March 11th 05, 06:12 PM
Mitch Collinsworth

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, bill callas wrote:

I used my new Suunto T6 watch during this years Birke. The watch samples
every 1 second and it said that there was 2638 ft of ascending and 2776 ft
of descending. Has any one else tracked this with there watches and if so
what did you get? My friend used his Polar 710 and had 2900 ft of climbing.
There were no barometer changes during the race.

Does your friend have longer arms than you? Which one of you reaches
higher on the poling recovery? :-)

-Mitch

Old March 15th 05, 12:05 PM
Daniel Vargo

Using a Polar watch with altitude recording, I had 2980 feet of
climbing. This is the second time I have used the watch during the
Birkie and it has come out near the same each time.

Dan Vargo
SLC, UT

Old March 15th 05, 04:18 PM
Hank Garretson

At 05:27 15 03 05 Tuesday, Daniel Vargo wrote:

Using a Polar watch with altitude recording, I had 2980 feet of
climbing. This is the second time I have used the watch during the
Birkie and it has come out near the same each time.

Which means that the watch is repeatable, not necessarily accurate.

Ski Exuberantly,

Hank

Retired Test Engineer

Mammoth Lakes, Calif.