Serbian soccer general secretary shot in Belgrade.

Old April 1st 04, 07:45 AM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

Default Serbian soccer general secretary shot in Belgrade.

"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" skrev i melding
"Of all unimportant things in the world, football is the most important".
"Football is not a question of life and death. It is far more important than
that".
And remember, "football" equals "soccer" here. Your "football" is commonly
referred to as "American football" here, you see. We do have a similar game
here in Europe, too, called "rugby". It is very similar, but not the same.

Old April 1st 04, 07:53 AM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" skrev i melding
"The Real Bev" skrev i melding
Sorry, Inger, you and Suzie are both guys. Look in the mirror and deal
with it.

Me, Suzie, and Condoleezza Rice are all really guys, and I am surely the
butt ugliest of the three of us.

Old April 1st 04, 07:59 AM
MoonMan

Inger Skramstad Jørstad wrote:
"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" skrev i melding
"Of all unimportant things in the world, football is the most
important". "Football is not a question of life and death. It is far
more important than that".
And remember, "football" equals "soccer" here. Your "football" is
commonly referred to as "American football" here, you see. We do have
a similar game here in Europe, too, called "rugby". It is very
similar, but not the same.

We had a thread explaining the differnces between Rugby (Union) and American
"football" during the Rugby world cup.

--
Chris *:-)

//Optimist: The glass is half full
// Pessimist: The glass is half empty
// Engineer: Mine's a pint.

Old April 1st 04, 09:51 AM
MoonMan

Inger Skramstad Jørstad wrote:
"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" skrev i melding

Snip

US dollar (USD). 1 EUR = 8,53 NOK today. 1 USD = 6,96 NOK today. 1
CAD = around 5,50 NOK, I think. 1 GBP = around 12 NOK, I think it is
now.

Ah But GBP 2.00 = 1 pint of beer = ?NOK ?

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old April 1st 04, 12:34 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"MoonMan" skrev i melding
Ah But GBP 2.00 = 1 pint of beer = ?NOK ?

Hi Chris of the UK,
Beer is very expensive here, because of heavy alcohol taxes. So:
2 GBP = around 24-25 NOK, or a pint in the UK.
Here, we pay around 50 NOK or four pounds for 0,5 litre, not pint, since we
have the metric system, including litres, not pints or gallons etc. 0,5
litre is somewhat less than a pint, which is about 0,6-0,65 litres, am I
right here? Hope so. In other words, just about twice the UK price, but you
must also consider that our wages here are among the highest in the world in
general, but our taxes are high, too.

Old April 1st 04, 01:17 PM
MoonMan

Inger Skramstad Jørstad wrote:
"MoonMan" skrev i melding
Ah But GBP 2.00 = 1 pint of beer = ?NOK ?

Hi Chris of the UK,
Beer is very expensive here, because of heavy alcohol taxes. So:
2 GBP = around 24-25 NOK, or a pint in the UK.
Here, we pay around 50 NOK or four pounds for 0,5 litre, not pint,
since we have the metric system, including litres, not pints or
gallons etc. 0,5 litre is somewhat less than a pint, which is about
0,6-0,65 litres, am I right here? Hope so. In other words, just about
twice the UK price, but you must also consider that our wages here
are among the highest in the world in general, but our taxes are
high, too.

I think Norway is one of the very few places that puts more tax on beer than
the UK

and I still remember how expensive Ice cream was when I went caravanning in
norway as a child. The scenery was wonderfull though.

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old April 1st 04, 02:36 PM
Walt

"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" wrote:

Here, we pay around 50 NOK or four pounds for 0,5 litre, not pint, since we
have the metric system, including litres, not pints or gallons etc. 0,5
litre is somewhat less than a pint, which is about 0,6-0,65 litres, am I
right here?

Mostly. Depends on what you mean by pint.

An Imperial Pint is 20 fluid ounces, or .568 liters.
A US pint is 16 fluid ounces, or .473 liters.

But most watering holes in the US the "pint" glass is short of an actual
US pint by a couple of ounces. Don't know about the pints in England,
but I'd assume that they are the real deal. So while a litre is a
litre, a pint can vary in size.

I don't see much Norwegian beer round these parts, but I'm partial to
Aass Beer when I can find it, even though it has a funny name.

--
//-Walt
//
Old April 1st 04, 03:10 PM
Richard Henry

"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" wrote in message

Poland-USA 0-1 (Beasley 27). (!!!!!) A surprise USA win in Poland.
Congratulations!! Well done.

International soccer wins by the USA should no longer be surprises.

Old April 1st 04, 03:12 PM
Richard Henry

"Alex Heney" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 00:58:38 +0200, "Inger Skramstad Jørstad"
wrote:

"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" skrev i melding
Serbia and Montenegro-Norway 0-1 (Andresen 76, penalty).
Sweden-England 1-0 (Ibrahimovic 54).
Poland-USA 0-1 (Beasley 27). (!!!!!) A surprise USA win in Poland.
Congratulations!! Well done.
Spain-Denmark 2-0 (Morientes 23, unknown). Only a preliminary result,

since
the match is yet not finished.

You missed Hungary-Wales 1-2 (kenesei 17, Penalty - Koumas 20,
Earnshaw 81) :-)

How come Wales gets its own international team? That would be like North
Dakota getting a team.

Old April 1st 04, 03:18 PM
MoonMan

Walt wrote:
"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" wrote:

Here, we pay around 50 NOK or four pounds for 0,5 litre, not pint,
since we have the metric system, including litres, not pints or
gallons etc. 0,5 litre is somewhat less than a pint, which is about
0,6-0,65 litres, am I right here?

Mostly. Depends on what you mean by pint.

An Imperial Pint is 20 fluid ounces, or .568 liters.
A US pint is 16 fluid ounces, or .473 liters.

But most watering holes in the US the "pint" glass is short of an
actual US pint by a couple of ounces. Don't know about the pints in
England, but I'd assume that they are the real deal. So while a
litre is a litre, a pint can vary in size.

In the UK it is illegal to sell beer in a glass that is not stamped with its
volume be that 1/2 pint, 1 pint, a Quart, a yard, or a litre and there are
arguments about the amount of 'Head' that is allowed by law.

I don't see much Norwegian beer round these parts, but I'm partial to
Aass Beer when I can find it, even though it has a funny name.

I don't think I've ever knowingly seen any Norwegan Beer here