in a rich man's house, there's no place to spit but his face

Old October 21st 03, 12:41 AM
Ghassan Jadallah Al Jabr

It might arrive the heavy shirt and expect it in back of its office.

Rethink the Cool + the Shoe

phil knight had a dream. he'd sell shoes. he'd sell dreams.
he'd get rich. he'd use sweatshops if he had to.

then along came a new shoe. plain. simple. cheap. fair.
designed for only one thing: kicking phil's ass.

the unswoosher

For years, Nike was the undisputed champion of logo culture,
its swoosh an instant symbol of global cool.

Today, Phil Knight's Nike is a fading empire, badly hurt by
years of "brand damage" as activists and culture jammers
fought back against mind**** marketing and dirty sweatshop labor.

Now a final challenge. We take on Phil at his own game - and win.
We turn the shoes we wear into a counterbranding game. The swoosh
versus the anti-swoosh. Which side are you on?

Adbusters has been doing R&D for more than a year, and guess what?
Making a shoe - a good shoe - isn't exactly rocket science.
With a network of supporters, we're getting ready to launch the
blackSpot sneaker, the world's first grassroots anti-brand.
You can help launch the blackSpot revolution.

THE BIG QUESTION:

Is it possible to take Phil Knight's billion-dollar
marketing momentum and, in a quick judo-like move, slap
him onto the mat with the power of his own PR thrust?

OUR KICK-ASS MARKETING STRATEGY http://blackspotsneaker.org/02/

buy it............................preorders@blackspots neaker.org

sell it...........................wholesale@blackspotsn eaker.org

invest in it......................investors@blackspotsneaker .org

support it........................donations@blackspotsneak er.org

join the jam........................jammers@blackspotsneake r.org

Make a straight donation... it's a worthy cause
with the potential to set an historic precedent
that could be repeated in other industries and
usher in more grass roots version of capitalism
in which megacorps do not control every area of
our children's lives.

https://www.groundspring.org/donate/...2217-0%7C742-0

Ghassan Jadallah Al Jabr

--
standing
bed and gave me some injection. (he told me it was gravey) I started

After getting those injections I was felling very strange, I had no
control over my emotions, he started asking me what do I know and who do
I work for? I had no answers for these questions as I was only going to
uni as international student. He also asked me to sware at God, and
prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, he told me he was keeping eye on me
for a while. He asked me why do I hate "america" and "jews", honestly
these things were very knew to me at that time. (more to follow)

All this happened to me because I was active in Islamic society, I did
not have unlawful sex, at Mossad and Jewish NASA wanted me to have.
Because I decided that I will only obey God and will not be a sex slave
like all the other Muslims.

People in the name

Old October 21st 03, 06:59 PM
Chuck

Default in a rich man's house, there's no place to spit but his face

Ghassan Jadallah Al Jabr wrote in
:

It might arrive the heavy shirt and expect it in back of its office.

Rethink the Cool + the Shoe

[bunch of suff snipped]

How does theis crap end up in a skiing moderated ng?

Old October 21st 03, 07:29 PM
Sam Seiber

Chuck wrote:
How does theis crap end up in a skiing moderated ng?

Messages cross posted to gnu.gnusenet.test, removed from this
followup. It also looks like the news server that it was
sent to (news.adbusters.org) prolly isn't configured right
for RSAM (it may not know that RSAM is a mod group).
Short answer: Not all news servers are configured correctly.

ObSki: Looks like Colorado is running late on getting open.
Summer lives on :-(

Sam "Sweating my ass off in Denver" Seiber

Old October 21st 03, 09:52 PM
Chuck

Sam Seiber wrote in news:3F957B94.1D10
@sbseiber.com:

Chuck wrote:
How does theis crap end up in a skiing moderated ng?

Messages cross posted to gnu.gnusenet.test, removed from this
followup. It also looks like the news server that it was
sent to (news.adbusters.org) prolly isn't configured right
for RSAM (it may not know that RSAM is a mod group).
Short answer: Not all news servers are configured correctly.

ObSki: Looks like Colorado is running late on getting open.
Summer lives on :-(

Sam "Sweating my ass off in Denver" Seiber

Apologies for xposting.

ObSki: Same in PA. Though I didn't expect any skiing to start before
December anyway.

Old October 21st 03, 11:44 PM
Sam Seiber

Chuck wrote:

ObSki: Same in PA. Though I didn't expect any skiing to start before
December anyway.

Well, December is about the norm for PA, Right? Last year Loveland
opened October 17. I have offical word that the projected opening
of October 24 is going to slip. I don't think A-Basin or Loveland
have been able to blow snow for a week. As of late, the lows way the
hell
up there have been something like 35. The opening date is now
announced as "when the weather permits". Copper Mtn announced
some time ago a November 1 opening day. Loveland & A-Basin
might still have a chance to beat Copper Mtn (that is if CM is
REALLY in a position to open Nov 1).

Sam "Don't tell me the weather is nice" Seiber

Old October 22nd 03, 12:49 AM
Monique Y. Herman

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 at 23:44 GMT, Sam Seiber penned:
Chuck wrote:

ObSki: Same in PA. Though I didn't expect any skiing to start before
December anyway.

Well, December is about the norm for PA, Right? Last year Loveland
opened October 17. I have offical word that the projected opening of
October 24 is going to slip. I don't think A-Basin or Loveland have
been able to blow snow for a week. As of late, the lows way the hell
up there have been something like 35. The opening date is now
announced as "when the weather permits". Copper Mtn announced some
time ago a November 1 opening day. Loveland & A-Basin might still
have a chance to beat Copper Mtn (that is if CM is REALLY in a
position to open Nov 1).

Sam "Don't tell me the weather is nice" Seiber

It's been in the 80s in the Longmont/Boulder area, so it's hard to
imagine that the mountains are cold enough for serious snow-making. On
the other hand, this Saturday's high down here is projected at 45 ... so
maybe things will turn around.

In the meantime, I am making lemonade out of these lemons and managing
to enjoy the warmth. My convertible is enjoying it, too.

--
monique
Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please

Old October 22nd 03, 03:22 PM
Chester Bullock

Monique Y. Herman wrote:

It's been in the 80s in the Longmont/Boulder area, so it's hard to
imagine that the mountains are cold enough for serious snow-making. On
the other hand, this Saturday's high down here is projected at 45 ... so
maybe things will turn around.

Figures. I am flying to Florida on Friday to experience the same temps
we have been getting here all week. It finally gets cold, and I am
going away for the weekend. Oh well. I'll bet it will be 80 on Monday
again... grrr...

--
Chester Bullock,
Ethical, custom website hosting, design and programming

Old October 22nd 03, 04:22 PM
pigo

"Sam Seiber" wrote in message
Chuck wrote:

ObSki: Same in PA. Though I didn't expect any skiing to start before
December anyway.

Well, December is about the norm for PA, Right? Last year Loveland
opened October 17. I have offical word that the projected opening
of October 24 is going to slip. I don't think A-Basin or Loveland
have been able to blow snow for a week. As of late, the lows way the
hell
up there have been something like 35. The opening date is now
announced as "when the weather permits". Copper Mtn announced
some time ago a November 1 opening day. Loveland & A-Basin
might still have a chance to beat Copper Mtn (that is if CM is
REALLY in a position to open Nov 1).

Sam "Don't tell me the weather is nice" Seiber

It's been in the 80's here in SLC. The work I've been doing in the
mountains has been pretty toasty too. Ski Instructors are going to be
going broke before too long. To think that anything will open in early
Nov. around here is really stretching it.

The World Series games have been entertaining though. It's raining now,
not much pitching or catching going on but they say the rain will stop
soon. Go Marlins!

pigo

Old October 22nd 03, 05:14 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 at 15:22 GMT, Chester Bullock penned:
Monique Y. Herman wrote:

It's been in the 80s in the Longmont/Boulder area, so it's hard to
imagine that the mountains are cold enough for serious snow-making.
On the other hand, this Saturday's high down here is projected at 45
... so maybe things will turn around.

Figures. I am flying to Florida on Friday to experience the same
temps we have been getting here all week. It finally gets cold, and I
am going away for the weekend. Oh well. I'll bet it will be 80 on
Monday again... grrr...

If it makes you feel better, next week's forecast calls for 60s and
below.

Old October 22nd 03, 06:26 PM
The Real Bev

pigo wrote:

It's been in the 80's here in SLC. The work I've been doing in the
mountains has been pretty toasty too. Ski Instructors are going to be
going broke before too long. To think that anything will open in early
Nov. around here is really stretching it.

101 here yesterday.

The World Series games have been entertaining though. It's raining now,
not much pitching or catching going on but they say the rain will stop
soon. Go Marlins!

Along with Tommy L my mom bleeds Dodger blue, and she lost considerable
interest when they dropped out of the running. She might have strangled
Bartman herself, because she likes the Cubs. She hates both the Yankees
and the Marlins and can hardly bring herself to watch the games.

They'll get 'em next year.

--
Cheers,
Bev