Merino Muster results 2003?

Old August 1st 04, 08:47 AM
Lars

Default Merino Muster results 2003?

didn't find result for men 42km in 2003. Or am I looking the wrong
place?
http://www.snowfarmnz.com/index.cfm/...ts%202003.html
Old September 7th 04, 11:08 PM
Nathan Schultz

The Merino Muster was held on August 21st. The final results can be
found on www.snowfarmnz.com.

A big group of US Ski Team, Canadian Ski Team and hangers on took off
early and skied the first 7km loop together. A slight acceleration coming
into the lap broke off a few people, but the group was still about 14-15
people through about 15km when Andrew Johnson accelerated up the only big
climb of the race. The Canadians dropped the plow on the climb and then put
in a hard pursuit of Johnson for the remaining 22km which was mostly rolling
terrain. There was a group of 10 of us chasing him for a while but he
extended his lead to about a minute and then people started falling off of
the group one by one (including me). Johnson cruised in for the win and the
rest of the field straggled in behind.

Kris Freeman did not race as he was not feeling well.

-Nathan Schultz
www.nsavage.com

om...