1st Annual RSN "Gunde" Awards 2003

Old March 2nd 04, 11:43 PM
Jay Tegeder

Default 1st Annual RSN "Gunde" Awards 2003

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!

Welcome to the voting process for the First Annual RSN "Gunde" Awards.
Please read the following categories and make you pick for one
candidate only... The winners will recieve the "Gunde" Award for 2003.
These awards are named for the Swedish great, Gunde Svan. Remember,
vote for one person per category.

The "Juha Mieto" Award for You're Too Big to Ski!

1) JW (John Wilkie)
2) Nordic Norm (John O'Connell)
3) Bill Stuber

The "Magnar Dalen" Award for Waxing Advice Excellence.
1) Zach Caldwell
2) Roger Knight (Swix)
3) Ian Harvey (Toko)
4) Rob Bradlee (Toko)

The "Johann Muhlegg" Let's Talk About Me Award.
1) Jay Tegeder
2) Jay Wenner
3) Frontrunner (Greg Worsnop)

The "Torbjorn Karlsen" Shameless Promotion Award.
1) Ian Harvey (Toko)
2) Rob Bradlee (Toko)
3) Roger Knight (Swix)
4) Eli Brown (Fischer)
5) Jay Tegeder (Finn Sisu, Reliable Racing)

The "Bente Skari" Calm and Informative Posting Award.
1) Gary Jacobson
2) Marsh Jones
3) Chris Cline
4) Scott Elliot

The "Jaques Rogge" Provocative Discussion Award.
1) Jeff Potter
2) Ken Roberts
3) Gene Goldenfeld

The "Ferry Grill" Technical Excellence Award.
1) Janne G (mpeg downloads)
2) Zach Caldwell (grinding and waxing

The "Per Elofsson" Rookie of the Year Award.
1) Diva
2) Serge
3) David Tosi

The "Elena Vialbe" Where Have You Gone Award.
1) Bob Larson
2) John Estle
3) Ski Boy Bob

The "Thomas Alsgaard" Fastest RSN Skier Award.
1) Nathan Schultz
2) Brian May

The "Beckie Scott" Top Canadian Poster Award.
1) Scott Elliot
2) Pete Hickey
3) Peter Hoffmann

The "Mora Nisse Nils Karlsson" Top International Poster Award.
1) Janne G
2) Anders Lustig
3) Terje Mathisen
4) Thomas Bystrom
5) Primoz

Thanks for participating...

Jay Tegeder
"Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT

Old March 3rd 04, 02:43 AM
32 degrees

Better add Jeff Potter to the "Shameless Promotion" Award list for anything
related to his OutYourBackDoor website...

This isn't a stab though Jeff, I like your shameless promotion.

JK

Old March 3rd 04, 02:58 AM
32 degrees

oops, forgot to vote.

The "Juha Mieto" Award for You're Too Big to Ski!

don't know your guys so can't vote here

The "Magnar Dalen" Award for Waxing Advice Excellence.
1) Zach Caldwell - unbiased and seems to be on the money

PS - how much to stonegrind my skis?

The "Johann Muhlegg" Let's Talk About Me Award.
1) Jay Tegeder

Your weekly posts about every saturday and sunday workout make you the
winner here Jay T.
Again, though, I like reading 'em.

The "Torbjorn Karlsen" Shameless Promotion Award.

I vote Jeff Potter for OYB promotions as a write in candidate.
but, like I said earlier, I like his shameless promotion.

The "Bente Skari" Calm and Informative Posting Award.

3) Chris Cline - great posts always !

The "Jaques Rogge" Provocative Discussion Award.
1) Jeff Potter - they broke the mold with Jeff Potter

The "Ferry Grill" Technical Excellence Award.
1) Janne G (mpeg downloads) And ON THE LAST DAY GOD CREATED JANNE G -

and gave him a good computer to UPLOAD SKI VIDEO !!!!!!Y AAYYY

The "Per Elofsson" Rookie of the Year Award.
1) Diva - started her own group after 3 posts.
2) Serge - seems to really be INTO skiing

so, I'll call it a tie.

The "Elena Vialbe" Where Have You Gone Award.
1) Bob Larson
2) John Estle
3) Ski Boy Bob

I guess they've all gone somewhere, but I don't know who they are in the
first place !

The "Thomas Alsgaard" Fastest RSN Skier Award.
1) Nathan Schultz - some top 10 birkie finishes make him pretty dang

tough.
(although Vordenberg posts here occasionally too don't forget !)

The "Beckie Scott" Top Canadian Poster Award.

3) Peter Hoffmann

The "Mora Nisse Nils Karlsson" Top International Poster Award.
1) Janne G
2) Anders Lustig
3) Terje Mathisen
4) Thomas Bystrom
5) Primoz

I vote for all 5 - pretty cool to have a place we can chat with the
international crowd !

Jeff K

Thanks for participating...

Jay Tegeder
"Keep training, lycra never dies but gets real stinky after 8 seasons!"

JT

Old March 3rd 04, 08:28 AM
Anders Lustig

(Jay Tegeder) wrote in message . com...

The "Magnar Dalen" Award for Waxing Advice Excellence.
1) Zach Caldwell
2) Roger Knight (Swix)
3) Ian Harvey (Toko)
4) Rob Bradlee (Toko)

The one who managed to blow it big time on *one* important
occasion is the best qualified for that title:-)

The "Elena Vialbe" Where Have You Gone Award.

http://carelia.onego.ru/2002-2/2002-2-102-1.jpg.html
She has a desk job in the administration of Moscow oblast
(or region). In 2003 she stood as a candidate for the
Duma (or Parliament), but didn´t get elected - maybe next
time?

BTW it´s either "Jelena Välbe" or "Elena Vaelbe"; the
forename is Russian, the surname Estonian. (She was born
and raised in Magadan, in the Russian far-east, and got
married young with the Estonian biathlete Urmas Välbe.

The "Thomas Alsgaard" Fastest RSN Skier Award.
1) Nathan Schultz
2) Brian May

How about the new boy, Bjørn Bergheim? Someone who´s
done the Birkebeineren in 2:48 must be pretty fast,
any style, any distance!

The "Mora Nisse Nils Karlsson" Top International Poster Award.
1) Janne G
2) Anders Lustig
3) Terje Mathisen
4) Thomas Bystrom
5) Primoz

No contest there - so I´ll nominate myself in the category of
The "Marjo Matikainen" Best Finnish Sweetheart Award:-)

Anders
Old March 3rd 04, 12:25 PM
J999w

The "Juha Mieto" Award for You're Too Big to Ski!

don't know your guys so can't vote here

If I can put a shameless plug in for own nomination:

Qualilfications: 6ft 5in 225+lbs (+ actually).
Pole length: Classic 165cm, skate 180cm
Ski length: Classic 210cm preferred. Skate 200cm preferred.
Road bike frame size: 61cm with a MTB seatpost ( extended to the max).

Can anyone top that?

:^]

John Wilke
Milwaukee
Old March 3rd 04, 12:57 PM

Only one vote: BEST OVERALL POSTER (period)---Chris Cline

Best, Peter

Old March 3rd 04, 01:35 PM
Greg Fangel

(Jay Tegeder) wrote in message . com...
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!

The "Juha Mieto" Award for You're Too Big to Ski!

1) JW (John Wilkie)
2) Nordic Norm (John O'Connell)
3) Bill Stuber

Nordic Norm is a Worldloppet Master and is currently in Sweden to ski
one of the Vasaloppet races, so I know that he can ski. Stuber is also
a good skier. I vote for JW. After I found out that he was 6'5"
(198cm) tall, I thought "Holy Smokes!". IT would be a challenge to
find skis, boots, etc.

The "Magnar Dalen" Award for Waxing Advice Excellence.
1) Zach Caldwell
2) Roger Knight (Swix)
3) Ian Harvey (Toko)
4) Rob Bradlee (Toko)

Definitely Zach, after reading all of the stuff after the Birkie.

The "Johann Muhlegg" Let's Talk About Me Award.
1) Jay Tegeder
2) Jay Wenner
3) Frontrunner (Greg Worsnop)

Jay Tegeder for sure...you have everyone beat.

The "Torbjorn Karlsen" Shameless Promotion Award.
1) Ian Harvey (Toko)
2) Rob Bradlee (Toko)
3) Roger Knight (Swix)
4) Eli Brown (Fischer)
5) Jay Tegeder (Finn Sisu, Reliable Racing)

I also write in the candidate of Jeff Potter.

The "Bente Skari" Calm and Informative Posting Award.
1) Gary Jacobson
2) Marsh Jones
3) Chris Cline
4) Scott Elliot

Gary Jacobson

The "Jaques Rogge" Provocative Discussion Award.
1) Jeff Potter
2) Ken Roberts
3) Gene Goldenfeld

Gene Goldenfeld. Gene likes to discuss things very much. Sometimes
this drives me nuts, but it's also very informative.

The "Ferry Grill" Technical Excellence Award.
1) Janne G (mpeg downloads)
2) Zach Caldwell (grinding and waxing

Janne for his downloads. Tack så mycket!!

The "Per Elofsson" Rookie of the Year Award.
1) Diva
2) Serge
3) David Tosi

Diva....

The "Elena Vialbe" Where Have You Gone Award.
1) Bob Larson
2) John Estle
3) Ski Boy Bob

Bob Larson

The "Thomas Alsgaard" Fastest RSN Skier Award.
1) Nathan Schultz
2) Brian May

Nathan Schultz

The "Beckie Scott" Top Canadian Poster Award.
1) Scott Elliot
2) Pete Hickey
3) Peter Hoffmann

Scott Elliot

The "Mora Nisse Nils Karlsson" Top International Poster Award.
1) Janne G
2) Anders Lustig
3) Terje Mathisen
4) Thomas Bystrom
5) Primoz

Terje Mathisen...someday, I hope to meet him. We are actually going to
Norway next week and will be in Sjoesjoen (sp?) to ski. My wife is
doing the Inga Lami and the Birken. I've already done the Birken and
I'm going to ski for fun...lots of trails and no pressure.

Old March 3rd 04, 01:52 PM
Mitch Collinsworth

Isn't there a category for "Fat guys who used to ski a lot (and not
be so fat), but now just talk about it on the internet while waiting
for their kids to get old enough to ski with" ? :-)

-Mitch

Old March 3rd 04, 02:49 PM
Dell Todd

VERY funny Jay !

The "Juha Mieto" Award for You're Too Big to Ski!

N/A (No knowledge)

The "Magnar Dalen" Award for Waxing Advice Excellence.
1) Zach Caldwell

The "Johann Muhlegg" Let's Talk About Me Award.
1) Jay Tegeder

The "Torbjorn Karlsen" Shameless Promotion Award.
2) Rob Bradlee (Toko)

The "Bente Skari" Calm and Informative Posting Award.
3) Chris Cline

The "Jaques Rogge" Provocative Discussion Award.
3) Gene Goldenfeld

The "Ferry Grill" Technical Excellence Award.
1) Janne G (mpeg downloads)

The "Per Elofsson" Rookie of the Year Award.

write-in vote: the top-flite cycling guy who has gone missing, OR
Primoz if he is a rookie (poster)

The "Elena Vialbe" Where Have You Gone Award.
3) Ski Boy Bob

The "Thomas Alsgaard" Fastest RSN Skier Award.
1) Nathan Schultz (I have to go w/Nathan (didn't NS beat B.May each time they raced but not by much ?), but B.May is incredibly inspiring)

The "Beckie Scott" Top Canadian Poster Award.

N/A