Jackson (and Utah) pre-trip report

Old March 10th 05, 01:05 AM
lal_truckee

Default Jackson (and Utah) pre-trip report

OK, we somehow ended up in Jackson after leaving for Utah on a roadtrip.
Going to give the Hole a try for a couple-three days - snow looks slim,
but what the hell, the scenery is beautiful. There's no freshies in Utah
right now so our first alternative plan actually involved Mammoth. We
even got a few miles down 395 from Reno before deciding we didn't feel
like Mammoth right now. (Pro'bly hit Mammoth near end of April for a few
days.) So we turned back, and headed down 80 to Wells, turned north, and
here we are. Cheapo ($50 for 2) hotel even has internet, woo woo.

We also notice while stewing in a Wells Nevada motel last night that the
weather channel show snow over Utah in a few days; if that firms up
we'll head down I15 to Sandy and hole up for some pow days in the CCanyons.

But Jackson first - I haven't skied here in a few years and am looking
forward to re-visiting some old haunts. Upper mountain looks fine, but
probably sun-softened snow - I bet the Hobacks are too low on the mtn
for decent snow, but maybe it'll be OK - if not, there's plenty of
terrain up the mtn... I'll report conditions after experiencing them, so
wait up.

Old March 10th 05, 03:10 AM
lal_truckee

Sven Golly wrote:
lal_truckee wrote in news:NWNXd.15552$Pz7.7676
@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:

But Jackson first - I haven't skied here in a few years and am looking
forward to re-visiting some old haunts.

Oh please. Anytime, anywhere terrorist. Bubba's BBQ, 8:00pm, Friday. I
won't be there but that's as good a time as any to eat there. ;-)

Just returned from Bubba's.

Same old, same old. I do like that you can bring in your own bottles of
wine and beer with no charge for glasses etc. Chili's still pretty dam good.

Town looks the same. Except they're hurting - rooms going for $27 at
Motel 6 I noticed. Practically giving them away to encourage visiters.
So folks, if you're a cheap SOB it's time to make a little visit.