Total Body Automation

Old July 8th 08, 04:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

Default Total Body Automation

In article
,
taichiskiing wrote:

On Jul 7, 11:43 am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,

taichiskiing wrote:

Sounds familiar story. A kid about 9 or 10 years old, wearing
rollerblades, in a local skateboard park, and bragging about how easy
is skateboarding blah blah blah to a group of older teens, and
escalated to that he can do *9*. So the others challenged him to do
it. "No, I can't, I don't have my skateboard with me," the kid said.
So an older teen handed him his skateboard. "Oh no, my dad won't let
me," said the kid. Smooth talking kid.

That story might be familiar in some context, but is completely non
sequitur here.

Can I straight line run on skis? Yes, and I have been able to since I
was 9.

The moral of the story is that you can smooth talk better like that
kid.

The moral of the story is that you're trying to make something very easy
sound like its hard.

That shows how arrogant you are.

Nope. It shows how bad you are.

It actually shows how little knowledge you are.

LOL

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
Old July 8th 08, 04:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article ,
VtSkier wrote:

Evojeesus wrote:
On Jul 7, 9:14 pm, taichiskiing
wrote:

Sorry, "Your narrow-minded definition doesn't shed the light on this
subject. You get stuck on the *sizes* of the "moguls" and missed the
*techniques* of "mogul skiing." Taichi Skiing/line-skiing tends to
shrink the size of the moguls as it rides the equal equilibrium-line
through the moguls."

So why not post a video of yourself skiing large moguls?

Actually IS is quite capable of skiing
a steep large moguls.

Listen, you guys, IS is a good skier.
I still don't defend his trolling, but
he can ski.

Not very well. I've seen the number of balance corrections he has to
make when skiing even very small moguls.

Old July 9th 08, 09:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Evojeesus

On Jul 8, 6:12 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
"Evojeesus" wrote in message

On Jul 7, 8:46 pm, taichiskiing
wrote:

The same old argument, lacking video clips
doesn't mean that I/Taichi Skiing cannot do it;

If you don't post videoclips of yourself on difficult terrain, nobody
will believe you, and for a good reason. Do you understand?

No. Others here have talked about skiing in ways that communicate their
expertise. You have only bragged. Which should we believe?

As I explained, a real/true principle must work/hold true on all
levels.

I think your principles fail right there. No clips = no proof. Do you
understand? I don't think you do...

U-tube clips are proof? Clips of mediocre skiing and beginner snowboarding?
Sorry - u-tube clips prove nothing. If you really had a superior ability, you'd
be able to communicate it clearly without the ego trip.

I think you meant to reply to the teachaiskiing-dude.
Old July 9th 08, 09:22 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Evojeesus

On Jul 8, 6:01 pm, VtSkier wrote:
Evojeesus wrote:
On Jul 7, 9:14 pm, taichiskiing

So why not post a video of yourself skiing large moguls?

Actually IS is quite capable of skiing
a steep large moguls.

Great, but I'm not going to believe it before I see it. I'd love to
see his techniques in real terrain, I fail to see why he does not want
to deliver. I'd be even more interested in seeing footage of him in
ungroomed conditions etc.

Listen, you guys, IS is a good skier.

Seeing is believing.

I still don't defend his trolling, but
he can ski.

Yeah, he has very serious ego problems and comes across as a deluded &
pompous fool. Too bad.
Old July 9th 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On Jul 8, 8:01 am, VtSkier wrote:
Evojeesus wrote:
On Jul 7, 9:14 pm, taichiskiing
wrote:

Sorry, "Your narrow-minded definition doesn't shed the light on this
subject. You get stuck on the *sizes* of the "moguls" and missed the
*techniques* of "mogul skiing." Taichi Skiing/line-skiing tends to
shrink the size of the moguls as it rides the equal equilibrium-line
through the moguls."

So why not post a video of yourself skiing large moguls?

Actually IS is quite capable of skiing
a steep large moguls.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Listen, you guys, IS is a good skier.
I still don't defend his trolling, but
he can ski.

As they're only in favor of bashing, don't think those gappers hear
you. I was called "troll" only because so they don't have to face
their own incompetence. Yes, that's a gapper's denial.

'later,
IS
Old July 9th 08, 05:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On Jul 8, 8:23 am, "Bob F" wrote:
"VtSkier" wrote in message

Evojeesus wrote:
On Jul 7, 9:14 pm, taichiskiing
wrote:

Sorry, "Your narrow-minded definition doesn't shed the light on this
subject. You get stuck on the *sizes* of the "moguls" and missed the
*techniques* of "mogul skiing." Taichi Skiing/line-skiing tends to
shrink the size of the moguls as it rides the equal equilibrium-line
through the moguls."

So why not post a video of yourself skiing large moguls?

Actually IS is quite capable of skiing
a steep large moguls.

Listen, you guys, IS is a good skier.
I still don't defend his trolling, but
he can ski.

His "mouth" disproves his ability.

My "mouth" has nothing to do with my skiing. You mixed up.

His braggadocios claims with no
understandable description of what his "technique" is, along with his continuous
insults to EVERYONE who tries to understand what the #*&$ he claims is so
superior are why we doubt him. A person with such superiority does not need the
bragging and insults. So the "superiority is in doubt.

I don't claim "superiority," but "ultimate." You mixed up, and it
mixed up the rest of your thinking.

Sure, he can ski well. As would anyone who gets 120+ days a year of skiing. This
does not support claims of superiority, nor justify insults when people can't
make any sense of what he claims.

Since I don't claim "superiority," it is your "superiority" screws you
up, er, that's an ego issue. Feel being insulted only confirms that
you think you have the superiority. You do have an ego issue.

When IS acquires a little humility, and drops the chip on his shoulder, he might
be able to learn to communicate his methods.

Look over your own shoulder, "can't learn with a full cup."

Until then, he is only a troll. He has certainly offered
nothing to anyone here more than some cheap laughs.

Troll for gapper, fair enough. We do see a few cheap LOL out there in
the thread.

When you gapper done with those silly LOL, maybe you learn how to
communicate seriously.

IS
Old July 9th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On Jul 8, 8:28 am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article ,

VtSkier wrote:
Evojeesus wrote:
On Jul 7, 9:14 pm, taichiskiing
wrote:

Sorry, "Your narrow-minded definition doesn't shed the light on this
subject. You get stuck on the *sizes* of the "moguls" and missed the
*techniques* of "mogul skiing." Taichi Skiing/line-skiing tends to
shrink the size of the moguls as it rides the equal equilibrium-line
through the moguls."

So why not post a video of yourself skiing large moguls?

Actually IS is quite capable of skiing
a steep large moguls.

Listen, you guys, IS is a good skier.
I still don't defend his trolling, but
he can ski.

Not very well.

Interesting gapper's comment. VtSkier was there, and we skied the
"whole" mountain about couple of hours, what makes you think you know
better than him by watching a few clips on the 'net?

I've seen the number of balance corrections he
has to make when skiing even very small moguls.

You mediocre MA doesn't shed the light in this subject.

IS
Old July 9th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,
taichiskiing wrote:

On Jul 8, 8:28 am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article ,

VtSkier wrote:
Evojeesus wrote:
On Jul 7, 9:14 pm, taichiskiing
wrote:

Sorry, "Your narrow-minded definition doesn't shed the light on this
subject. You get stuck on the *sizes* of the "moguls" and missed the
*techniques* of "mogul skiing." Taichi Skiing/line-skiing tends to
shrink the size of the moguls as it rides the equal equilibrium-line
through the moguls."

So why not post a video of yourself skiing large moguls?

Actually IS is quite capable of skiing
a steep large moguls.

Listen, you guys, IS is a good skier.
I still don't defend his trolling, but
he can ski.

Not very well.

Interesting gapper's comment. VtSkier was there, and we skied the
"whole" mountain about couple of hours, what makes you think you know
better than him by watching a few clips on the 'net?

You presented them as exemplars of your skiing. They weren't very good.

I've seen the number of balance corrections he
has to make when skiing even very small moguls.

You mediocre MA doesn't shed the light in this subject.

One doesn't need "MA" to observe when someone has to make a move to
recover his balance. You do it all the time even on very easy terrain.

Old July 9th 08, 05:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On Jul 8, 8:26 am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,

taichiskiing wrote:

And the torque on the outside shoulder restricts/slows down the
turning.

And the torque on the inside shoulder speeds it up....

How?

3. The torque from the right pole cancels out the torque from
the left pole.

No, the outside pole has longer distance to travel, so it experiences
more torque. If you don't count/correct the difference, your outside
pole will lag behind the turning curve and de-stabilize your turning.

Show your math...

A=V*V/R; where A is angular acceleration, V is velocity, and R is the
radius of the turn.

4. There is nothing inherently distabilizing about torque, as
you try to imply.

Yes, any spinning/rotation motion de-stabilizes the original motion,
so you HAVE TO take care of it, and yes, that's an extra work.

There is no "spinning/rotation motion", Chai Tea.

Yes, there's always "spinning/rotation motion," when referencing to
the center of the turn/curved path.

And without using poles, you can eliminate all these problems.

Well even with poles, I can straight line that same hill you were on on
one leg.

Don't think you can.

If that were true, why would the torque
about your ankles generated by the force of air resistance
on your body also be destabilizing?

Not sure what's your question. I don't usually rotate my
ankles, and the balance is maintained between the center of
gravity (CoG) and base of support (BoS), with both feet
solidly slide on the snow, the effect/impact of the air
resistance is at the minimum.

There is air resistance against your body. That creates a torque around
the ankles. You've stated that all torques are destabilizing.

There's air resistance, but won't affect the balance if you have the
footing solidly planted on sliding.

No, if you know how to ski the "equal gradient/equilibrium lines,"
which is somewhere in the middle of the bump/mogul, you don't have to
go down to those low spots. The "equal gradient line" may cover a few
moguls, so the turn is elongated and appears slow but smooth. And
that's how Taichi Skiing shrinks the moguls. Taichi mogul Skiing is a
new improvement over your old fashion knee-banging mogul skiing.

Of course you have to go through the low spots.

Your denial again, why I "have to," given the method I described?

I did say your narrow-minded mogul skiing doesn't shed the light on
the subject.

Show me some mogul skiing and then we can talk.

No, I don't think that you're worth the talk.

IS
Old July 9th 08, 05:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On Jul 7, 5:40 pm, Yabahoobs wrote:
On Jul 7, 11:46 am, taichiskiing
wrote:

nevertheless, if one feels being challenged, TCS
challenge is still open.

Before I "accept" this TCS challege, I'd like to know what you base
the challenge on...I suspect you will say no one "wins" a TCS
challenge...So what will you base the challenge on ? Serious question
here...try not to lob insults and labels from your high-horse. Just
answer my question. What exactly does a TCS challenge entail ?

"Head to head Chinese Downhill. Two skiers race against each other
with a short line tape attaches to each other, in two runs, and
changing the lead skier each time. When the tape breaks the lead skier
wins, and if it doesn't break after crossing the finish line, the
chase skier wins, fair enough? Yes, such a contest would demand very
high skills on the chaser, however, both skiers would have their/equal
chance." It was published and coined Taichi Skiing Challenge on Jun
13, 08 in this thread.

IS