Borovets???

Old December 2nd 04, 09:36 AM
Ace

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 08:56:08 GMT, "Walter Wright"
wrote:

"Ace" wrote in message
.. .

snip
It was
one of those decrepit ones that always starts you off with a jerk and
was just pulling her over. Eventually, with some help from our
instructor, she managed to get going on her third or fourth attempt.

Hey, anyone care to throw in some nominations for their most hated lift?
I'll open the bidding with the Lievre Blanc draglift in La Rosiere, which on
more than one occasion has got me airborne for 10-15 feet from a standing
start. I swear you could easily lose an arm if you weren't careful.

Heh. There's a great one like that in Flaine, the 'Aujon'; it's also
got a dogleg halfway up which adds to the interest.

There is a technique I've adopted over the years, involving holding
the pole firmly with the button about 30cm behind your bum, then using
your arms as a spring to take up the slack and avoid the snatch. Works
well, but needs practice and strong arms.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old December 2nd 04, 09:47 AM
Carl Edwards

often happen, when one in a group keeps falling
off..............understand?

er...no. Perhaps you could be a little bit more patronising about it and
then I'd get it?

Old December 2nd 04, 12:24 PM
gbaylis

"Carl Edwards" wrote in message

often happen, when one in a group keeps falling
off..............understand?

er...no. Perhaps you could be a little bit more patronising about it and
then I'd get it?

No, re read your post....and maybe you see how you come across - not quite a
"forgiving" type person, based on ignornace as opposed to
knowledge............as has been seem in the various repsonses - yes we all
"love" someone like you in our groups..........................

Old December 2nd 04, 12:40 PM
mo

ive got to agree that I only ever tried a drag once when I was a beginner
and vowes "never again" and ive always stayed away from them since,,,,the
funny thing is it was at La Rosiere!!! so if thats a bad one,,maybe ill grit
my teeth and try again.

"Walter Wright" wrote in message

"Ace" wrote in message

snip
It was
one of those decrepit ones that always starts you off with a jerk and
was just pulling her over. Eventually, with some help from our
instructor, she managed to get going on her third or fourth attempt.

Hey, anyone care to throw in some nominations for their most hated lift?
I'll open the bidding with the Lievre Blanc draglift in La Rosiere, which
on
more than one occasion has got me airborne for 10-15 feet from a standing
start. I swear you could easily lose an arm if you weren't careful. Any
other reasons for hating particular lifts are valid too.

Walter

Old December 2nd 04, 12:57 PM
Ace

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 12:24:51 -0000, "gbaylis"
wrote:

yes we all
"love" someone like you in our groups..........................

You own the newsgroup now? Wow.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old December 2nd 04, 02:00 PM
Carl Edwards

No, re read your post....and maybe you see how you come across - not quite
"forgiving" type person, based on ignornace as opposed to
knowledge............as has been seem in the various repsonses - yes we
all
"love" someone like you in our groups..........................

What ARE you talking about? You perceived my post as evidence of an
"unforgiving" nature, hence I'm fair game to be treated to a patronising
post from you? Oh and the irony of your mis-spelling of "ignorance" is, I'm
sure, not lost on you... And then to say I'm posting from ignorance instead
of knowledge? I just gave you an example of something that happened to me,
directly, 2 years ago... well, 18 months ago actually, but anyway... How
the heck does that make it ignorance? Are you seriously trying to tell me
that an intermediate boarder, whether travelling goofy or regular should
lack the necessary skills to negotiate a drag lift whether on an "adverse
camber" or not? Do me a favour... There's an edge on both sides of the
board, you know...

Oh and would you kindly please inform me of which other groups you own, so I
can take care to visit them all and expose you for the fool you appear to
be?

Sheesh...

Old December 2nd 04, 02:35 PM
Ace

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:00:53 +0000 (UTC), "Carl Edwards"
wrote:

Oh and would you kindly please inform me of which other groups you own, so I
can take care to visit them all and expose you for the fool you appear to
be? ^^^^

ITYMissplet 'troll'.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old December 2nd 04, 04:18 PM
Switters

wrote:

yes we all
"love" someone like you in our groups..........................

You own the newsgroup now? Wow.

To be fair, I think he was talking about a group of people out skiing or
boarding for the day. Sometimes there's someone that let's the group down
somehow. (That's a lot of somes!)

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

Old December 2nd 04, 04:21 PM
Switters

allegedly wrote:

Hey, anyone care to throw in some nominations for their most hated lift?

The one at the bottom of Arinsal, Andorra, which is over on the LHS as you
some up from the village. I recall it having a 6-10ft launch control on
it.

I guess I was "lucky" in that I learnt in a place that had mostly drag
lifts. If I didn't get used to them quickly, I didn't get to play on the
snow. Had some frustrating times in that first week, but looking back,
I'm glad I paid early.

Old December 2nd 04, 04:33 PM
Ace

wrote:

yes we all
"love" someone like you in our groups..........................

You own the newsgroup now? Wow.

To be fair, I think he was talking about a group of people out skiing or
boarding for the day. Sometimes there's someone that let's the group down
somehow. (That's a lot of somes!)

I don't think he was, but hey, whatever.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)

Borovets Almarni European Ski Resorts 3 March 1st 04 07:14 AM
Does Borovets have a snowboard park? Erik Jälevik Snowboarding 0 November 13th 03 05:53 PM