Stolen skis

Old January 27th 05, 12:42 PM
Le Dieu

" cupra" wrote in message
Le Dieu wrote:
"Sammy" wrote in message
oups.com...

snip
Sammy

Okay, I'm sold. I don't really like my current skis anyway.

A. D.

At least a thief would have solved your new ski issues, LD!

Actually, my last day out on them in Courmayeur I was practically
advertising them outside the restaurant. The skis are fine, I just felt
they're too long (175), it felt like I was trying to ski on clown's feet.

A. D.

Old January 27th 05, 12:59 PM
cupra

Le Dieu wrote:
" cupra" wrote in message
Le Dieu wrote:
"Sammy" wrote in message
oups.com...

snip
Sammy

Okay, I'm sold. I don't really like my current skis anyway.

A. D.

At least a thief would have solved your new ski issues, LD!

Actually, my last day out on them in Courmayeur I was practically
advertising them outside the restaurant. The skis are fine, I just
felt they're too long (175), it felt like I was trying to ski on
clown's feet.

A. D.

I know the feeling - when I was learning many years ago I was given quite
long skis and I struggled for a couple of days until I replaced them. My gf
had the same experience last year too!

I've had the opposite on my board - I used a wide board for a couple of days
of riding powder, but really struggled with it on piste!

Old January 27th 05, 01:05 PM
Le Dieu

" cupra" wrote in message
Le Dieu wrote:
" cupra" wrote in message
Le Dieu wrote:
"Sammy" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, my skiiing really went backwards this last trip. I was
overcompensating for the length by leaning forward too much with my upper
body. That coupled with the crap conditions and I felt like a total
beginner. If I can offload these (Salomon Crossmax 8s, 175, 3 days skiied) I
might go for some Volkl Supersport 4 stars in 168. You heard anything about
these?

A. D.

Old January 27th 05, 01:21 PM
cupra

Le Dieu wrote:
" cupra" wrote in message
Le Dieu wrote:
" cupra" wrote in message
Le Dieu wrote:
"Sammy" wrote in message
[...]

No - I'm about 5 years out of date on Ski technology I'm afraid! I'd like to
say I'd make an offer on the Salomons but I don't know how I'd get on with
them either!

Old January 27th 05, 01:27 PM
Le Dieu

" cupra" wrote in message
Le Dieu wrote:
" cupra" wrote in message
Le Dieu wrote:
" cupra" wrote in message
Le Dieu wrote:
"Sammy" wrote in message
[...]

No worries Cupra, I think a pal who came on the trip might take them. Do you
ski and board? If you had to just stick with one, which would it be?

Old January 27th 05, 01:28 PM
Sammy

Well if you're skiing on Salomon Crossmax's you certainly won't need to
worry about locking them ;-)

Sammy

Old January 27th 05, 01:59 PM
Le Dieu

"Sammy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well if you're skiing on Salomon Crossmax's you certainly won't need to
worry about locking them ;-)

Sammy

Where were you before I bought them?

A. D.

Old January 27th 05, 02:09 PM
cupra

Le Dieu wrote:
" cupra" wrote in message
Le Dieu wrote:
" cupra" wrote in message
Le Dieu wrote:
" cupra" wrote in message
Le Dieu wrote:
"Sammy" wrote in message
[...]

I haven't skied for 4 seasons now, mainly because my usual trip 'buddy' is a
boarder. But now I've got myself a skiing gf, I'm planning to start where I
left off again so she doesn't get too left out all the time!

To tell the truth, I enjoy them both but I do prefer boarding on powder
days! (plus I can jump on the board - something I never really got
proficient at on skis!)

Old January 27th 05, 02:17 PM
Steve Haigh

Sammy wrote:

Well if you're skiing on Salomon Crossmax's you certainly won't need to
worry about locking them ;-)

LOL
Old January 27th 05, 06:29 PM
David Gibbon

What do you feel is the best way to discourage them? Surely making their
job as difficult as possible is a start.

A. D.

Amputation, castration or slightly less.
I know this is primitive, uncivilised etc but why does society tolerate
thieves ? Don't steal or if caught you will severely dealt with.
There is no deterrent except the possibilty of the righteous owner bopping
the offender AND then who's in trouble? At a risk of total deviation from
the group...People who steal cars...well...come come ....I ask you.