Powder Mountain

Old February 7th 09, 08:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Fried

Default Powder Mountain

Going to Utah again next week. Just wandering what you guys think
about Powder Mountain. Last year we were at SnowBasin but
unfortunately we went on a cold and windy day. The conditions
were very icy but I know on a good day SnowBasin can be awesome.

I guess with low wind and moderate temperature things would be
different but unfortunately, I hear thats not too often at Snow Basin.

Can the same be said of Powder Mountain?

Thanx in advance

Alan

Old February 8th 09, 02:46 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
"Alan Fried" wrote:

Going to Utah again next week. Just wandering what you guys think
about Powder Mountain. Last year we were at SnowBasin but
unfortunately we went on a cold and windy day. The conditions
were very icy but I know on a good day SnowBasin can be awesome.

I guess with low wind and moderate temperature things would be
different but unfortunately, I hear thats not too often at Snow Basin.

Can the same be said of Powder Mountain?

Thanx in advance

Alan

I LOVE Powder Mountain. It's got fresh powder stashes for days after
the last snowfall, and huge acreage.

It's got the feel of a family run place and sometimes the lifts break.
The "lodge" is very basic. The people who both run it and go there and
super nice and mellow. There are times when it feels like you are
renting the mountain rather than buying a lift ticket.

No marble bathrooms like Snow Basin, no enormous lodges and no enclosed
gondolas. But pure 100% old fashioned awesomeness.

Powder Mountain also tends to be less windy than Snow Basin.

caveat: the are posters here who have spent far more time in Utah then
me. If they post, I will defer in advance.

Dave

Powder Mountain Trip helibrdr Alpine Skiing 10 January 7th 08 06:10 PM
Powder Mountain vs Alta Bryan Alpine Skiing 2 April 20th 05 01:46 AM
Powder Mountain tlf Snowboarding 0 February 25th 04 07:19 AM
Powder Mountain tlf Alpine Skiing 0 February 25th 04 07:19 AM
Alta vs Powder Mountain vs Targhee John Smith Alpine Skiing (moderated) 12 December 15th 03 04:48 PM