Zermatt - kids ski school

Old September 14th 05, 08:24 PM
Tiscali

Default Zermatt - kids ski school

Does anyone have any experience at placing a 5year old in either of the
Zermatt ski schools:
- Stoked ski school "Snowflakes"
- Swiss ski school "Snowli"

My 5 year old has some experience; and she is desperate to learn!

regards,
Paul

Old September 15th 05, 10:11 AM
Stan Mullery

I've used Stoked for private lessons for my kids and have always been
impressed. Haven't used group lessons for them.

Stan

Old September 16th 05, 12:47 AM
Richard and Barbara

Both schools are good with young children. The Stoked school is at a
disadvantage, because its main location is at Trockener Steg, which can be
much colder than the Swiss school locations.

Richard

Old September 19th 05, 11:02 AM
Marco Cattaneo

"Tiscali" wrote in message
Does anyone have any experience at placing a 5year old in either of the
Zermatt ski schools:
- Stoked ski school "Snowflakes"
- Swiss ski school "Snowli"

My 5 year old has some experience; and she is desperate to learn!

We were very happy with Snowli for our 5 year old daughter, also with some
experience and desperate to learn. She loved it and made a lot of progress
in just three days. Some details:

Pick up/Drop off at the railway station. School ski area is at Riffelberg,
kids go there all together in special carriage on the 9am Gornergrat train,
coming back at 16:00 - which makes for an easy start and finish to the day
for both parents and children (no fighting with cablecars...). Skis are
taken up on first day then left in ski school on the mountain, but this is
flexible if you warn the teacher in advance.

At Riffelberg there is a special ski area for the school, including moving
carpets and various games. Very sunny and sheltered from the wind (unlike
Trockener Steg where Stoked has its teaching area). Kids stay in the school
on the first day, then are taken onto the Gornergrat pistes if they are good
enough. Lunch is in special area of Riffelberg Hotel restaurant.

Max group size, IIRC, is 6 children. Teacher accompanies them up/down in the
train, so you can speak to him/her before/after lesson. Also, you can
arrange to pick up the child at Riffelberg at 15:00 if you want to ski
together at the end of the day. Booking is flexible, at least outside
busiest weeks - last year we were there first week of March (no school
holidays apart from last week of French holidays), we booked on the Sunday
for Monday to Wednesday, with option to extend to Friday, which we did not
take in the end because we wanted to ski together for a couple of days.

Old September 19th 05, 09:30 PM
PSmith

Richard and Marco, your descriptions are very encouraging! I have a few
reservations about Snowflakes being located up on Schwarzsee which often
remains cold. Conversely, the Snowflakes school seems to infer that it
offers more ski tuition rather than a mixture of play and ski?

I guess I will go with Snowli. We are their on 4th March for a week. taking
my daughter out of school for the week. Partly because it is warmer and less
crowded than the UK school holidays in Feb. Also, all UK holiday companies
almost double the cost for the schoold holiday dates!

thank you for the information.
Paul