cold feet

Old February 15th 04, 03:13 AM
leon spinks

Default cold feet

here's my situation. I ride wearing Salomon Dialouges, which are about
3 years old. I've read some of the other postings regarding the boots,
but I think with my feet the coldness is not so much with the boots as
it is with my feet. my feet are constantly cold, even when i'm not
snowboarding. To add injury to insult when I bought my boots, I got
the "your liners will pack out" speech when i bought them so I got
them a little small so i could avoid any heel slip (I wear a 10.5 to
11 sneaker my boots are 9.5). The tightness in my liners usually
causes the second toe on my front foot to go numb. it sometimes stays
numbs for 2-3 weeks.
believe it or not I really like these boots. the liners lace up the
side with relieves any pressure on the top of my foot.
I'm going to try Hotronic foot warmers and see if they help with the
cold, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any company that makes
custom liners, not just foot beds which I already have. If not, does
anyone know of any boot that has a liner that cinches the heel down. I
have a big pet peeve about heel slip, which i don't get now and is one
of the reasons keep wearing them. I mostly carve, should i be looking
at a softer boot or a stiffer boot.

thanks.
Old February 15th 04, 11:17 AM
Dean

leon spinks wrote:

The tightness in my liners usually
causes the second toe on my front foot to go numb. it sometimes stays
numbs for 2-3 weeks.

You are injuring your feet. Get new boots immediately before they are
permanently numb.

Dean
Old February 16th 04, 01:05 PM
leon spinks

They are padded with an area directly under the
heel that wraps around the heel providing support and raising the heel
slighty..works like a charm!!!!

Spiff

do these heel cups relieve pain or keep you heel locked down or both?
who makes them?
what do they look like, because I've seen lots of different kinds.

leon
Old February 16th 04, 11:06 PM

leon you're an idiot get new boots.

tomtom
Old February 18th 04, 05:53 AM
msegal

"leon spinks" wrote in message
om...
The tightness in my liners usually
causes the second toe on my front foot to go numb. it sometimes stays
numbs for 2-3 weeks.

That lingering numbness is nerve damage. One of my wife's big toes stayed
numb for over a year. Even affected her gait a bit.

Boots for Narrow Feet - Help tg Snowboarding 26 February 17th 04 05:36 PM
FA: Extreme cold weather mittens Cowboy67 Snowboarding 6 January 30th 04 09:14 PM
Cold Feet?? JY Snowboarding 0 November 20th 03 07:21 PM
Cold Feet?? JY General 0 November 20th 03 07:19 PM
Boots for Long Skinny Feet??? John Davison Snowboarding 6 November 19th 03 08:22 PM