Who is still skiing?

Old March 29th 05, 02:18 AM
Marsh Jones

Nope. It was 63 degrees this afternoon, put my shorts on and went for a
nice ride instead. 32 miles on a 42x17 gear. Glorious!

Marsh
Old March 29th 05, 02:43 AM

Oh my. Another 18 inches dumped last night, and it's snowing again
lightly this evening here at Tahoe Donner. Spring skiing has to wait a
little while, because we still have the Mammoth Marathon this weekend,
plus the Billy Dutton Uphill at Squaw, and the 10th Mountain Biathlon
on the 17th. The Easter Bunny got his feet snowy this year.

Old March 29th 05, 03:54 PM
Derick Fay

Another 18 inches dumped last night, and it's snowing again
lightly this evening here at Tahoe Donner.

Alas I submitted a paper to a conference in Santa Fe the weekend of
April 8-9 on the assumption that skiing would probably be over by
then....

Even with all this snow, the folks at Tahoe Donner XC said they plan to
close next weekend--they may groom some trails the weekend or two after
for season pass holders as they pack up. And Auburn Ski Club closes
biathlon weekend (4/16-17). Haven't checked the others but it seems
that the end of (groomed) skiing is on the horizon.

Old March 29th 05, 08:03 PM
Lars

Are you in Kirkenes now? can you be any closer to the North Pole :-)

"Terje Henriksen" wrote in message ...

Still below freezing and lots of snow here. The next days it will be just
above zero (C) before it will be colder with snow falling down from the sky.

Old March 30th 05, 02:18 PM
Terje Henriksen

Lars wrote:
Are you in Kirkenes now? can you be any closer to the North Pole :-)

I am always here.

--
Terje Henriksen
Kirkenes

Old March 30th 05, 06:48 PM
Lars

hehe, my mistake. We have two norske Terje here. The other one is
skiing in Nordmarka.

Over to another location: it's sad to see how little snow is left in
St.Moritz today. Engadin marathon was not that many days ago.
http://www.engadin.ch/007stm_010002_en.htm

Old March 30th 05, 07:48 PM
Lars

Webcams showing skiplaces all over Norway. All in one page:
http://ferien.no/webcam-ski.html
Old March 31st 05, 08:27 AM
Terje Mathisen

Lars wrote:

Webcams showing skiplaces all over Norway. All in one page:
http://ferien.no/webcam-ski.html

Nice.

We're going back up to our mountain cabin this weekend, it is located
above Rjukan, about halfway between two of those webcams: Gaustablikk
and Rauland.

Terje

--
-

Tai Chi Skiing yunlong Alpine Skiing 8 December 17th 04 03:50 PM
Masters Skiing Camps Nordic Skiing Instruction Nordic Skiing 0 November 1st 04 12:47 PM
RFC - The Nordic Skiing Project the Nordic Skiing Project Nordic Skiing 2 September 24th 04 05:50 PM
Skiing in Utah BRL Nordic Skiing 5 November 25th 03 06:43 PM