Burton racing?

Old November 26th 04, 10:14 AM
Terje Johan Abrahamsen

Default Burton racing?

Doesn't Burton make racingboards anymore? I can't find any on their site?

Old November 26th 04, 02:08 PM
Neil Gendzwill

Terje Johan Abrahamsen wrote:
Doesn't Burton make racingboards anymore? I can't find any on their site?

They make them mostly for the Japan market but near as anyone can tell
not much progress has been made over the old ones - new graphics and
whatnot. You can buy Burton alpine stuff through Chris Klug's website
at https://www.klugriding.com/

Alternately, you can support the small manufacturers who have really
kept alpine alive and buy from Coiler, Donek or Prior (if in North
America) or maybe Virus, Kessler or Pogo (in Europe). Or even support
the bigger manufacturers who haven't given up on Alpine like F2,
Nidecker and Volkl.

Neil

Old November 26th 04, 02:29 PM
Terje Johan Abrahamsen

"Neil Gendzwill" wrote in message
Terje Johan Abrahamsen wrote:
Doesn't Burton make racingboards anymore? I can't find any on their

site?

They make them mostly for the Japan market but near as anyone can tell
not much progress has been made over the old ones - new graphics and
whatnot. You can buy Burton alpine stuff through Chris Klug's website
at https://www.klugriding.com/

Alternately, you can support the small manufacturers who have really
kept alpine alive and buy from Coiler, Donek or Prior (if in North
America) or maybe Virus, Kessler or Pogo (in Europe). Or even support
the bigger manufacturers who haven't given up on Alpine like F2,
Nidecker and Volkl.

I live in Norway... Have had about 12-15 Burton-boards, and know the
quality. The other brands that I have had, among them Sims, Hot, Dominator,
K2 and ???, have had issues of various kind. And, since it is about
impossible to locate race boards, and try them here, I have to buy from
pictures...

Old November 26th 04, 02:55 PM
Neil Gendzwill

Terje Johan Abrahamsen wrote:

I live in Norway... Have had about 12-15 Burton-boards, and know the
quality. The other brands that I have had, among them Sims, Hot, Dominator,
K2 and ???, have had issues of various kind. And, since it is about
impossible to locate race boards, and try them here, I have to buy from
pictures...

I note that the '05 R17 Addicted (what Burton calls a Speed/FP now) is
$US600. For less than that, you can get a semi-custom race board from
Coiler, Prior or Donek which is tuned to your weight and style and
choose from a wide array of templates. For another couple hundred, you
could get a full custom. Search the archives on bomberonline.com for
people's opinions on these boards.

www.coiler.com
www.priorsnowboards.com
www.donek.com

Neil

Old November 28th 04, 01:51 AM
Edmond

[...]

For your information, I have 2 brand new Burton as of today:1) 167
Factory Prime (Black color) and 169 Ultra Prime yellow. If you're
interested asking $800US for both of $425US per board.
Edmond

Neil

Old November 28th 04, 10:15 AM
Terje Johan Abrahamsen

"Edmond" wrote in message
m...
[...]

What is the difference? I saw that the Ultra has some carbon? Is the Ultra
faster than the Factory prime?

Old November 28th 04, 03:24 PM
Mike T

Is the Ultra faster than the Factory prime?

Generally speaking, the other way around - the Factory Prime is a race
board, and the Ultra Prime is a freecarve board. The UP is going to be
softer. I *think* the sidecuts on the UPs are more moderate (9.5 - 11.5)
where the sidecuts on the FPs are either short for slalom (7 - 9.5) or long
for GS (12 - 14) but I could be wrong on that one.

In any case, 01-02 was the last year that Burton used the names "Ultra
Prime" and "Factory Prime". They were called "Speed" for the next two
seasons, and are now called "R17 Addicted" and sold in stores only in Japan.
You can also find more information about the boards online at
www.klugriding.com (Chris Klug's site) and I think even purchase some
there...

Mike T

Old November 29th 04, 03:10 PM
lonerider

Mike T wrote:
[...]

As Mike mentioned, Edmond is incorrect about Burton still selling Ultra
primes and Factory primes... he might have bought them "unused" but
they are at least 3 years old. You should be also able to get them
cheap then that... I got a "new" 2001 Ultraprime 162 last year for $120
(burton outlet used to sell them from $150-200 and klugriding now does
it for about the same). How is your German? Ebay Germany has a
dedicated subgroup to alpine snowboards (I saw them being auctioned in
the 100-200EUR range) and it would probably be easier to get the board
ships from Germany than from the US.

Good luck

Old November 29th 04, 03:19 PM
Terje Johan Abrahamsen

"lonerider" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mike T wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the tip. My german is not as good as it should be. Studied a lot
of years of german, but never used it. I got family in the US that is coming
over for Christmas, so they will bring a board or two....

Old November 29th 04, 07:35 PM
G.Kirkwood

Consider looking on Ebay. I bought 3 Speed's of different lengths and
widths, Spent less then 225.00 US for all of them. I even got a Speed
with Burton race bindings for 88.00. Not bad! I imagine shipping to
Europe may be expensive, or the length may be a problem shipping. If
you have family coming over, they might be able to bring it over for
you.