Marcialonga

Old January 27th 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
tassava

Default Marcialonga

The Marcialonga is set for Sunday, 1/28. Some big names are skiing the
shortened 57-km event:
"The competition shall be held in classical style and the winner is
difficult to predict, the favourite are above all Scandinavians such as
Aukland, Swaerd, Tynell and Ahrlin, Czech Rezac and Estonian Olle and
Veerpalu; the Olympic champion returns to competitions after the
problems at the knee that prevented him from participating in the World
Cup this year. Among women, the attention is focussed on Norwegian
Hilde Pedersen, Swedish Ek and Hansson and Italian Peyrot. The Italian
long-distance national team shall also participate with Costantin,
Cattaneo, DeZolt and Grandelis, but special attention must be paid to
Fulvio Valbusa. The relay Olympic champion specifically trained for
Marcialonga."

http://news.marcialonga.it/x-net/mar...orage/00000367

The race will be broadcast on RAI3 from 9.30 to 11.45. a.m. Italian
time. Can anyone "tape" and distribute the race?

Christopher

Old January 28th 07, 08:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
ale

time. Can anyone "tape" and distribute the race?

I'm sharing the race. Excuse me for the poor quality but I had problems with
my dvd recorder.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/561752

On italian tv, the real race has been mixed with popular features of this
marathon: amateurs skiers, food, other races. I don't know if you like them
but I put online the video without much editing or trimmed parts.
Ah, 15 seconds after the beginning you can see a downhill track. That's the
famous final climb of Tour de Ski.
What's your favourite quality/size of the file? Do you prefer a good quality
or a small file?

Ale
Old January 28th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
ale

without much editing or trimmed parts.

well.. the first kms were not live and at time 58:23 I trimmed about 20
minutes because they were broadcasting alpine skiing.
Old January 29th 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
tassava

Great! Thanks! I'll pull down and seed that file. Speaking for myself,
I prefer the biggest files and best quality possible... I have plenty
of GBs to fill.

I appreciate it! The race sounds like it came down to the wire...

Christopher

time. Can anyone "tape" and distribute the race?I'm sharing the race. Excuse me for the poor quality but I had problems with

Old January 29th 07, 07:34 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
dardruba

Default Marcialonga - SEED NEEDED

We need a seed.
Theres a bunch of us stuck at 35% complete.
Old January 29th 07, 07:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
ale

dardruba wrote:

We need a seed.
Theres a bunch of us stuck at 35% complete.

Man, I need to sleep sometimes :P and I can't leave my pc always on

Ale
Old January 29th 07, 07:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
dardruba

ale wrote:
dardruba wrote:

We need a seed.
Theres a bunch of us stuck at 35% complete.

Man, I need to sleep sometimes :P and I can't leave my pc always on

Off we go again, thanks. We'll soon have someone ready to take over.

You are the hero of the day.
Old January 29th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
tassava

Hear, hear - I am very grateful to everyone who's made and is making
various races available. I can't wait to see the worlds...

looking gift horse in mouthNow, who's going to grab the (Norwegian)
Birkie and the Vasaloppet?/looking gift horse in mouth

Christopher

On Jan 29, 2:56 am, dardruba wrote:
ale wrote:
dardruba wrote:

We need a seed.
Theres a bunch of us stuck at 35% complete.

Man, I need to sleep sometimes :P and I can't leave my pc always on Off we go again, thanks. We'll soon have someone ready to take over.

You are the hero of the day.

Old February 1st 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

A nice collection of images from the race are he
http://www.turrennklubben.no/marcialonga07.htm

Old February 3rd 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
dardruba

wrote:
A nice collection of images from the race are he
http://www.turrennklubben.no/marcialonga07.htm

Oh Boy Such Memories.
Thanks
Mike

Marcialonga in MN? Lars Nordic Skiing 1 January 7th 05 05:26 PM
Marcialonga in MN? Lars Nordic Skiing 4 January 6th 05 04:16 AM
Marcialonga in MN? Lars Nordic Skiing 2 January 4th 05 06:08 PM
MARCIALONGA! Gary Jacobson Nordic Skiing 10 January 28th 04 05:38 AM
Marcialonga Result Davide Tosi Nordic Skiing 1 January 25th 04 09:37 PM