Who is still skiing?

Old March 21st 05, 11:56 AM
Lars

Default Who is still skiing?

ah, every year a posting with this title comes. A bit early now....
BUT according to http://www.fis-ski.com/ the last XC race of the
season is at April 23rd.
http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/1228.h..._suchsector=CC

I'M THERE! are you?
Old March 21st 05, 02:34 PM
Ken Roberts

Are you really suggesting that we're supposed to stop skiing before May?

Ken
______________________________
Lars wrote
the last XC race of the season is at April 23rd.

Old March 21st 05, 09:54 PM
Lars

I'll check by SkinnySki.com on May 1st and see how much in MN area
that is well groomed :-)

Old April 7th 05, 05:01 AM
©Ðëŀămèřé ©Ðëŀămèřé is offline
Junior Member

Location: Boulder, CO
Send a message via AIM to ©Ðëŀămèřé Send a message via MSN to ©Ðëŀămèřé

spring skiing? of course we ski in spring but how about summer eh? i ski in june muhahaha. At Crested Butte, CO there is still skiing in june. The rmd has a camp and they groom in this bowl in the back country at about 11,500 ft. Best summer ski camp in CO i would say. :-D
Old April 8th 05, 07:47 AM
Lars

sounds good with summerskiing in CO. And at 11500ft it's quite some
altitude training.

If you have not decided on summer vacation yet, may I suggest:
Skiing on natural snow from May till August in altutudes 4600ft.
Train with some of the national teams in Europe.
http://skjolden.com/sommarski/loypeinfo.htm
Looks like good track conditions on 5.Oct allready too on one picture.

More info
http://skjolden.com/sommarski/ (some in english)
http://www.sognefjellet.no/pages_new/php/langrenn.htm

The Folgefonn glacier is also on the west coast.
Open from May till August, altitude 4000ft. Info in english:
http://www.folgefonn.no/Artikkel.asp...ack=1&MId1=199

Old April 8th 05, 11:42 AM
David Dermott

On 8 Apr 2005, Lars wrote:

If you have not decided on summer vacation yet, may I suggest:
Skiing on natural snow from May till August in altitudes 4600ft.
Train with some of the national teams in Europe.
http://skjolden.com/sommarski/loypeinfo.htm
Looks like good track conditions on 5.Oct already too on one picture.

More info
http://skjolden.com/sommarski/ (some in english)
http://www.sognefjellet.no/pages_new/php/langrenn.htm

I almost went skiing at Sognefjellshytta on July 1 1994.
Unfortunately (or fortunately..:-), the ski rental place was
closed for lunch break. Just as well, there would have
been the temptation to ski and ski and ski until it got dark
(it doesn't get dark there for several weeks!). I had cycled
up from Skjolden that morning and still had many "mil"
to cycle that day.

For skiing I also would have needed sunscreen with a SPF of about
1000 that day! It was the first sunny, warm day I'd seen in 2 weeks.

I noticed several ski club mini-busses parked there, including the
Swedish National ski-shooting team (that's biathlon to non-Nordics :-)

I scanned a picture and put in on the Utsidan photo album site:

http://www.utsidan.se/motesplats/alb...ld.htm?ID=9985

--

David Dermott , Wolfville Ridge, Nova Scotia, Canada
email:

Old March 26th 05, 01:16 AM

Ken Roberts wrote:
Are you really suggesting that we're supposed to stop skiing before

May?

Ken
______________________________
Lars wrote
the last XC race of the season is at April 23rd.

We're still skiing big time here in northern Minnesota, USA. There is a
12-24" packed base on the trails with excellent spring time conditions.

See www.sugarbushtrail.org for a photo from 3/25/05 and the latest
conditions.

Greg Fangel
Tofte, MN and White Bear Lake, MN

Old March 26th 05, 11:31 PM
Gary Jacobson

Still skiing locally at 500-750 feet in the Gunks. Brilliant sun that
cooked the snow away for our return trip that we skied up two hours
earlier.
Tomorrow it's be at 1000 feet in the shaded areas.
Maybe next weekend at 1500 feet, but that's mostly exposed and the sun is
the culprit this time of year.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY- Road riding and gliding on the same day. Love it.
(Lovett?[a pum for old timer USA skiers]

Old March 27th 05, 02:16 AM
Mark Drela

Bretton Woods had super conditions today.
It was really fast at 8:30AM, and stayed
that way all morning. The sunny low trails
got a bit sticky around noon, but everything
else was still fast when I left at 1PM.

Tomorrow should be similar I suspect.

Old March 28th 05, 01:15 AM
sam

Still plenty of skiing to be had in Vermont.

There is at least 3 feet of snow at Hazens Notch.

Tai Chi Skiing yunlong Alpine Skiing 8 December 17th 04 03:50 PM
Masters Skiing Camps Nordic Skiing Instruction Nordic Skiing 0 November 1st 04 12:47 PM
RFC - The Nordic Skiing Project the Nordic Skiing Project Nordic Skiing 2 September 24th 04 05:50 PM
Skiing in Utah BRL Nordic Skiing 5 November 25th 03 06:43 PM