Weather readings looking good for 3V

Old January 13th 05, 07:27 AM
David Brown

Default Weather readings looking good for 3V

Humidity shot up since midnight last night, we can but hope
http://www.merinet.com/weather.php
http://www.merinet.com/weather_weekly.php

)

Old January 13th 05, 07:52 AM

Humidity shot up since midnight last night, we can but hope
http://www.merinet.com/weather.php
http://www.merinet.com/weather_weekly.php

No snow forecast here though

http://www.metcheck.com/snow/skiReso...e9ribel&PROMO=

Old January 13th 05, 07:57 AM
David Brown :o\)

wrote in message
No snow forecast here though

No I know. I've been watching all the weather sites for the last few weeks
as I'm off tomorrow. Still the currecnt readings look far better than the
forcasts so that's a good thing.

--
kitemap
http://ugcc.co.uk

Old January 13th 05, 08:15 AM
David Brown :o\)

"Greg Hilton" wrote in message
Ah the pre-holiday optimism we all get! I remember one year out of about
20
websites we found one that was predicting snow, so of course that one was
correct and all the other 19 were wrong!!

My links are not predictions, nowhere is predicting snow for the next week
or so. The links I posted are current readings
http://www.merinet.com/weather_live.php

--
kitemap
http://ugcc.co.uk

Old January 13th 05, 08:43 AM
David Brown :o\)

......and anyway an optimist and a pessimist both have the same result in the
end but an optimist has a better time of it. )

--
kitemap

Old January 13th 05, 09:23 AM
Rob

"David Brown )" wrote in message
wrote in message
No snow forecast here though

No I know. I've been watching all the weather sites for the last few
weeks as I'm off tomorrow. Still the currecnt readings look far better
than the forcasts so that's a good thing.

--
kitemap
http://ugcc.co.uk

Im off to Val T Saturday. There was a light covering last night (3cm) in Val
T, don't think there is much forcast. If we are lucky we might get some Wed
but who knows.

Metchech doesn't appear to be great at getting the forcast right anyway,
they say 0 last night and it snowed and thier temps and freezing levels are
different to everywhere else.

Old January 13th 05, 10:22 AM
Roger Moss

wrote in message
No snow forecast here though

No I know. I've been watching all the weather sites for the last few
weeks as I'm off tomorrow. Still the currecnt readings look far better
than the forcasts so that's a good thing.

--
kitemap
http://ugcc.co.uk

Im off to Val T Saturday. There was a light covering last night (3cm) in
Val T, don't think there is much forcast. If we are lucky we might get
some Wed but who knows.

Metchech doesn't appear to be great at getting the forcast right anyway,
they say 0 last night and it snowed and thier temps and freezing levels
are different to everywhere else.

Try this for snow cover info: www.hauterdeneige.com

Comprehensive, but don't know about their accuracy yet...

despite which, Val Cenis, here we come...

RM

Old January 13th 05, 10:57 AM
WeatherCam

Just looked at the charts for the next and up to 132 hrs and things still
look VERY bleak, I've just come off the phone from a Hotel in La Grave and
snow shoes and MTB's are some of the activities that people are turning to -
for diehards it's a case of trashing your old skis - the little bit of snow
that fell can be seen in todays chart
http://www.seaspritesports.com/ukobs.htm but looking on into the next 5 days
that High is still screwing thiings up...sorry for the bad
news.......hopefully things will get better - the Evening Standard did half
a page last night on how dire conditions are across Europe - mind you still
nigh on a month till UK half term - we were looking at grabbing a weekend at
the end of Jan but that's not looking so good - might now just have to wait
till March 19th - as Feb is out, and then another weekend late Feb, early
March prior to Mar 19th is not really on........

Regards
WC

Old January 13th 05, 12:25 PM
Simon Brown

I'm afraid I can't add any joy - the gut feeling here in eastern Switzerland
is that the snow that falls - for indeed it will fall - will not stay long
as it's warming up now.

Talk in the papers is that all piste should have artificial snow but 'Joe
Average' (no insult intended) doesn't like artificial snow much, and if
that's all that is available then he'll take a break in the Caribbean rather
than in the mountains.

It's not looking very clever.
--
Simon Brown